Abba Is Back

shull

Excellent news. Always loved them, but only ever owned that best of ‘Gold’ album. Funnily enough, without knowing they were doing anything new, I spotted two days ago in HMV Braehead a 50% sale on selected box sets. Included was the Abba box set of all their studio albums remastered, with a bonus disc of single-only tracks and rarities. £15. A great buy. Some of the album tracks have not aged well, but others are gems. A brilliant, brilliant band.

Edited by pozbaird

Some may knock them but no doubting they were a huge success supergroup with sales that went through the roof. A called you last night from Glasgow helped put that city on the map.  They are not doing it for money but can the girls reach the high notes time will tell. 

2 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Some may knock them but no doubting they were a huge success supergroup with sales that went through the roof. A called you last night from Glasgow helped put that city on the map.  They are not doing it for money but can the girls reach the high notes time will tell. 

No, it really didn't. :lol:

12 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Wee bit of a surprise - they’ve knocked back megabucks to do so in the past.

Not just musical tensions to deal with, they were a couple of couples.

Still I always thanked them for their music!

Rumours springs to mind and what a seller that turned out to be. 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 10:54 PM, shull said:

You is a dunderheid  :byebye

May not be correct grammar.

But the is after Abba is as is are.

Amazingly, this is one of your more sensible posts. Don't worry. Low bar.

On ‎5‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 2:13 PM, Slartibartfast said:

Since Abba is a single entity, "is" is a perfectly acceptable word to use. It all depends on whether it is the group that is being referenced or the individual entities within the group.

Abba is an initialism for the four members of the band therefore "are" is correct. Hope this helps.

Edited by stlucifer

6 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:
40 minutes ago, stlucifer said:
Abba is an initialism for the four members of the band therefore "are" is correct. Hope this helps.

That's totally irrelevant, therefore "is" is correct.

Irrelevant? Agnetha, Bjorn,Benny and Anni ARE back. 

Yep. you're right. They, (plural), is irelevant and crap

Edited by stlucifer

3 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

You're just proving my point. The group (singular) name (singular) derives from the first letter of each of the names (plural) of the group members (plural).

You seem to think that if only 3 of them had reunited then they couldn't still call the group Abba (even if the 4th agreed that they could).

Are you aware that there are no pumpkins in The Smashing Pumpkins, no stones (though there are some stoners) in The Rolling Stones etc?

To be honest, I couldn't care less if you agree or not, I was just pointing out someone who was trying to make a fellow forum member look stupid when, in reality, it was the one doing the pointing that was being stupid. If you want to be stupid too, knock yourself out.

So Abba, THEY is back? O.K. genius.

Meant to say.

I see the Rolling Stones is still performing. :rolleyes:

Edited by stlucifer