The End Of Season Play Offs 2018

shull

It would be a shame to see Dumbarton go down, they've fought hard for years and have been an example to other part time clubs of how to succeed at a higher level.

I reckon Alloa Athletic will take the Championship spot beating Dumbarton in the final. Peterhead to beat Stenny in the final to gain promotion. I reckon Cowdenbeath will keep their L2 spot and beat Cove.

1 hour ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

It would be a shame to see Dumbarton go down, they've fought hard for years and have been an example to other part time clubs of how to succeed at a higher level.

I reckon Alloa Athletic will take the Championship spot beating Dumbarton in the final. Peterhead to beat Stenny in the final to gain promotion. I reckon Cowdenbeath will keep their L2 spot and beat Cove.

I reckon you should get down to the bookies with those thoughts

Sons have been totally crap for 2 months, I reckon Raith will suffice

Cove want up this year, and they will topple Beath, who are on their last legs

But who knows, its football after all

1 hour ago, DougJamie said:

I reckon you should get down to the bookies with those thoughts

Sons have been totally crap for 2 months, I reckon Raith will suffice

Cove want up this year, and they will topple Beath, who are on their last legs

But who knows, its football after all

Raith will be favourites but as we see so often, that means nothing in the playoffs (Brechin winning last year for instance). Alloa are a decent side and will make it very tough.

Cove look decent but then again Kilby looked good last year, Brora did in the first edition too. I guess it depends how buggered Cowdenbeath are.

If Cove beat Cowden, I presume the Cows will end up in the Lowland League. What happens then as both Highland/Lowland would go to 17 teams? Never seen anything that's covered potential numbers in both leagues. Not seen anything either on Hawick being relegated from Lowland/someone choosing to take the promotion they've earned such as the Edusport/Preston swapover last summer.

14 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Raith will be favourites but as we see so often, that means nothing in the playoffs (Brechin winning last year for instance). Alloa are a decent side and will make it very tough.

Cove look decent but then again Kilby looked good last year, Brora did in the first edition too. I guess it depends how buggered Cowdenbeath are.

If Cove beat Cowden, I presume the Cows will end up in the Lowland League. What happens then as both Highland/Lowland would go to 17 teams? Never seen anything that's covered potential numbers in both leagues. Not seen anything either on Hawick being relegated from Lowland/someone choosing to take the promotion they've earned such as the Edusport/Preston swapover last summer.

Personally I really want Beath to survive, as I would worry about their sustainability if relegated. East Stirling have shown that's it not easy league by any means. I was surprised Cove won by 4-0, but my Northern mate was telling me they have been playing their reserves in the last 3 games to keep their 1st team fresh.............

On that note of Hawick, what about Fort William, next time I stop there I will offer to play for them :lol: 182 goals conceded WTF 

Anyone know if its on telly?

Sorry DJ Don't Know. Is stay in Stirling so may attend. (Or go to the Stirling Albion v Peterhead game on the Wednesday or BOTH!)

ve Scottish football on TV includes 60 live matches from the Scottish Premiership (SPL) with Sky Sports showing 30 matches and BT Sport showing 30 matches. Sky Sports and BT Sport also show coverage of the SPFL covering 70 live matches between them.

Live coverage of the Scottish FA Cup is shared between BBC Scotland and Sky Sports, with both televising the Scottish FA Cup final. The Betfred Cup including the Betfred Cup final is shown on BT Sport. BBC ALBA screens eight live matches from the SPFL as well as live coverage of Scottish Junior Cup. Coverage of the Irn-Bru Cup is shared between BBC ALBA, S4C and Premier Sports.

Subscribe To Sky Sports Now  Subscribe To BT Sport Now

Friday 4th May 2018
Partick Thistle v Ross County
Scottish Premiership
19:45
BT Sport 1
Saturday 5th May 2018
Dundee v Hamilton Academical
Scottish Premiership
12:30
Sky Sports Football
Sunday 6th May 2018
Hearts v Celtic
Scottish Premiership
12:15
BT Sport 1
Monday 7th May 2018
TBC
Scottish Premiership Play-Off Semi-Final 1st Leg
BT Sport TBC
Tuesday 8th May 2018
Aberdeen v Rangers
Scottish Premiership
Sky Sports Football
Wednesday 9th May 2018
Hearts v Hibernian
Scottish Premiership
BT Sport 1

TBC
Scottish Championship Play-Off Final 1st Leg
BBC ALBA
Friday 11th May 2018
TBC
Scottish Premiership Play-Off Semi-Final 2nd Leg
BT Sport TBC
Sunday 13th May 2018
Celtic v Aberdeen
Scottish Premiership
Sky Sports Football / Sky Sports Main Event

Hibernian v Rangers
Scottish Premiership
BT Sport 1

TBC
Scottish Championship Play-Off Final 2nd Leg
16:10
BBC ALBA
Thursday 17th May 2018
TBC
Scottish Premiership Play-Off Final 1st Leg
BT Sport 1
Saturday 19th May 2018
Celtic v Motherwell
Scottish FA Cup Final
15:00
BBC One Scotland / Sky Sports Football / Sky Sports Main Event
Sunday 20th May 2018
TBC
Scottish Premiership Play-Off Final 2nd Leg
15:30
BT Sport TBC

Edited by St.Ricky

Personally I really want Beath to survive, as I would worry about their sustainability if relegated. East Stirling have shown that's it not easy league by any means. I was surprised Cove won by 4-0, but my Northern mate was telling me they have been playing their reserves in the last 3 games to keep their 1st team fresh.............

On that note of Hawick, what about Fort William, next time I stop there I will offer to play for them :lol: 182 goals conceded WTF 

I have seen that Cowdenbeath have been struggling recently. One thing with relegation though would be that it would cut travel costs at least. One of the difficulties for the Shire is that there are clubs in the Lowland League quite keen on promotion (Kilby, Spartans, while there was Edinburgh City who did gain promotion) while perhaps there is less interest for the Highland teams due to the extra travelling involved. I reckoned Cove were doing that, seen they got pumped 3-0 a couple of weeks ago when the title was already won.

Amazingly Fort William weren't bottom last year :lol: and they only conceded 136! Perhaps we need a second tier Highland League to pressure them into progress :P

16 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Sorry DJ Don't Know. Is stay in Stirling so may attend. (Or go to the Stirling Albion v Peterhead game on the Wednesday or BOTH!)

ve Scottish football on TV includes 60 live matches from the Scottish Premiership (SPL) with Sky Sports showing 30 matches and BT Sport showing 30 matches. Sky Sports and BT Sport also show coverage of the SPFL covering 70 live matches between them.

Live coverage of the Scottish FA Cup is shared between BBC Scotland and Sky Sports, with both televising the Scottish FA Cup final. The Betfred Cup including the Betfred Cup final is shown on BT Sport. BBC ALBA screens eight live matches from the SPFL as well as live coverage of Scottish Junior Cup. Coverage of the Irn-Bru Cup is shared between BBC ALBA, S4C and Premier Sports.

Subscribe To Sky Sports Now  Subscribe To BT Sport Now

Friday 4th May 2018
Partick Thistle v Ross County
Scottish Premiership
BT Sport 1
Saturday 5th May 2018
Dundee v Hamilton Academical
Scottish Premiership
Sky Sports Football
Sunday 6th May 2018
Hearts v Celtic
Scottish Premiership
12:15
BT Sport 1
Monday 7th May 2018
TBC
Scottish Premiership Play-Off Semi-Final 1st Leg
BT Sport TBC
Tuesday 8th May 2018
Aberdeen v Rangers
Scottish Premiership
Sky Sports Football
Wednesday 9th May 2018
Hearts v Hibernian
Scottish Premiership
BT Sport 1

TBC
Scottish Championship Play-Off Final 1st Leg
BBC ALBA
Friday 11th May 2018
TBC
Scottish Premiership Play-Off Semi-Final 2nd Leg
BT Sport TBC
Sunday 13th May 2018
Celtic v Aberdeen
Scottish Premiership
Sky Sports Football / Sky Sports Main Event

Hibernian v Rangers
Scottish Premiership
BT Sport 1

TBC
Scottish Championship Play-Off Final 2nd Leg
16:10
BBC ALBA
Thursday 17th May 2018
TBC
Scottish Premiership Play-Off Final 1st Leg
BT Sport 1
Saturday 19th May 2018
Celtic v Motherwell
Scottish FA Cup Final
15:00
BBC One Scotland / Sky Sports Football / Sky Sports Main Event
Sunday 20th May 2018
TBC
Scottish Premiership Play-Off Final 2nd Leg
15:30
BT Sport TBC

Thanks Ricky Awesome

On 4/30/2018 at 9:22 AM, shull said:

Tuesday 

Dunfermline v Dundee United 

Stenhousemuir v Queens Park 

Spartans v Cove (0-4)

Dunfermline v Dundee United - Live Commentary on Radio Scotland ( 810 mw )

Dipping further into the non-league, the Lowland League promotion playoff is between Threave Rovers (South winners) and Kelty Hearts (East winners). Barely know anything about non league but I'm presuming both these clubs want promotion. What I'm also unsure of is do they automatically replace Hawick or do they face a playoff match first?