The End Of Season Play Offs 2018

shull

If they go up against Thistle they’ll get gubbed .

Dunno. Thistle tonight were all muscle and hee haw ability. It was a horrible watch.
McDonald is the kinda goal scorer Thistle crave and will probably come into his own over the next few games.......unfortunately.

7 minutes ago, Seaside Nipper said:

Dunno. Thistle tonight were all muscle and hee haw ability. It was a horrible watch.
McDonald is the kinda goal scorer Thistle crave and will probably come into his own over the next few games.......unfortunately.

United were second best against Dunfermline at East End Park and in the first half tonight. Pars were unlucky to see a header come off the post on the stroke of half time. They went in 1 up. MacDonald led the United line well. Mikelson came on and started winning the ball in the air. After the equaliser it was all United. Stanton scored a goal worthy of winning most matches. 

Edited by St.Ricky

I watched the Thistle game tonight and thought they looked poor. 

Poor is talking them up.
One dimensional and limited. Connor Sammon, slightly more mobile than a lump of wood.

This tonight was admittedly a bottom feeder fest but is typical of the shit attritional style that is our top league.
Saints will be going to compete against this level of dogma and it’s less than an appealing thought.

Next season I just hope we go with an energy , a high press and a significant degree of positive attitude, a gallus up and at em with pride approach.

8 minutes ago, Seaside Nipper said:

Poor is talking them up.
One dimensional and limited. Connor Sammon, slightly more mobile than a lump of wood.

This tonight was admittedly a bottom feeder fest but is typical of the shit attritional style that is our top league.
Saints will be going to compete against this level of dogma and it’s less than an appealing thought.

Next season I just hope we go with an energy , a high press and a significant degree of positive attitude, a gallus up and at em with pride approach.

Thought McGinn looked ok going forward, especially in the first half. 

1 minute ago, Seaside Nipper said:

Possibly, three named McGinn playing in the same league for three different teams next season.

Hopefully not - J McGinn heading down south for silly money would be preferable.

I watched the Thistle game tonight and thought they looked poor. 

I didn’t think they looked great but I think they’ve got far too much for a united team who are one of the worst in my memory .
I think United best hope ( if they reach the play off final) is that Dundee are the opposition .

2 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

I didn’t think they looked great but I think they’ve got far too much for a united team who are one of the worst in my memory .
I think United best hope ( if they reach the play off final) is that Dundee are the opposition .

Let's not forget Livingston

Tough to beat and can step up their  game. 

2 hours ago, Abu Dhabi Saints said:

A game of 2 half's last night seemingly.

McDonald proving again he's been a good buy for them this season. 

I hope United go up for nothing more than fond memories of them in the 80's when they punched above their weight at home and in Europe. 

You've outed yourself as a troll account now.

4 hours ago, Abu Dhabi Saints said:

A game of 2 half's last night seemingly.

McDonald proving again he's been a good buy for them this season. 

I hope United go up for nothing more than fond memories of them in the 80's when they punched above their weight at home and in Europe. 

Totally agree, I always had a soft spot for them back then, I've never been quite sure why they get such a hard time on here, 

Anyway I hope they make it to the Premier league..

10 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Goodwin trial by TV.  Darren Jackson challenge on Les Fridge.

There is two quick reasons off the top of my head,

Is this the forearm smash on S Armstrong, or the elbow in the guts on some skinny arsed wee runt? I'm sure we would have 

been happy to let challenges like be brushed under the carpet if it happened to us, lets face it as much as I liked Goody both

were out of order.

40 minutes ago, scrappy coco said:

Totally agree, I always had a soft spot for them back then, I've never been quite sure why they get such a hard time on here, 

I also have a soft spot for United. I lived in Dundee 1966-1969. Dundee were the big team, A manager by the name of Gerry Kerr followed by Jim McLean  challenged that and built an attacking team with Scottish players and a few Scandinavians. As we know they achieved League and Cup success as well as some amazing European results. I started watching Saints in  1974 and we'll you know the rest.  Now that Dunfermline are out then my preference would be for United to join us in  the top league if possible but preferably at the expense of Hamilton than Thistle. 

49 minutes ago, scrappy coco said:

My beef with them this season is their sacking of Ray McKinnon when they were only 5pts behind top spot with a game in hand. Ray would have had them challenging us to the end. I'm delighted because it did us a massive favour, but their sacking of Ray alone means they don't deserve promotion in my eyes.

My other beef is that 3rd place does not deserve promotion to the Premier League. However, that's a beef with the Scottish playoff system in general instead of Dundee United. Ten team leagues should not be allowing 4th placed sides a chance of promotion. I believe it should be top 2 only.

1 hour ago, scrappy coco said:

I agree. They always get ridiculed on here for having such a bad season.

Most teams that come down have at least one nightmare season. If this is as bad as it gets for them then its a million times better than our nightmare season was. 

Update on Scottish Playoffs

Premier League

Dundee United 2-1 Dunfermline Athletic (Utd win 2-1 on agg)

Dundee United v Livingston, winner over 2 legs plays 11th in Premier.

Championship

Dumbarton 1-1 Arbroath (Dumbarton win 3-2 on agg)

Raith Rovers 1-2 Alloa Athletic (Alloa win 4-1 on agg)

Final - Dumbarton v Alloa Athletic

Dumbarton keep on fighting for their Championship status. Raith Rovers will be seething having had the chance to clinch promotion on the final day. Goody's Wasps keep on going thanks to Kirky and Stewart (ST)

League One

Peterhead 3-0 Stirling Albion (Peterhead win 4-0 on agg)

Queen's Park 1-2 Stenhousemuir (Stenny win 3-2 on agg)

Queen's Park have been relegated. Peterhead came close to the title but promotion is still possible, half the job is done.

League Two

Cove Rangers 0-0 Cowdenbeath (First Leg)

All to play for.

Lowland League

Threave Rovers 0-4 Kelty Hearts (First Leg)

Dreadful 2nd half from Threave as it was 0-0 at Half Time. Looks like the East of Scotland side will gain promotion and replace the totally shite Hawick Royal Albert (I'm guessing so anyway, f**k knows)

On 30/04/2018 at 12:38 PM, Cornwall_Saint said:

It would be a shame to see Dumbarton go down, they've fought hard for years and have been an example to other part time clubs of how to succeed at a higher level.

I reckon Alloa Athletic will take the Championship spot beating Dumbarton in the final. Peterhead to beat Stenny in the final to gain promotion. I reckon Cowdenbeath will keep their L2 spot and beat Cove.

Not bad so far...