The End Of Season Play Offs 2018

shull

2 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Strange old game tonight , wonder how much influence Bank Holiday weekend had on one or two :guinness Comfortable win in the end for the Bibs despite the nons getting within a goal at one point .
Invites are out for next week , you know the drill :) Don’t forget to vote for MOTM

Was it on BT sport?

Livingston fans signing we're on our way wonder where they got that from
Sound strange in their weird accents.

"When will we get there? I don't ken"

There seemed to be a version of "oh when the saints" as well..

Still howling at Chris Sutton describing Flood as Willo the wally [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Good result from a Saints POV last night.

Obviously in the minority regarding Flood, dirty bastuurd* but every team needs one (well obviously not, I suppose :unsure: ) - never felt there was any malice. Having said that he does look like the inbred dude from Deliverance.

Overall - pleasing:thumbs2

* We never really had an out&out dirty bastuurd in midfield this season - should be at the top of JRs shopping list!

1 hour ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

I f**kin detest Willo Flood . He got what he deserved last night,showed himself up for what he is - a washed up silly wee angry man whose best days are 4-5 years behind him .

If United do go up they need to get rid of deadwood like him. He wont cut it in the Premier.

A highly competitive player. 

One you hate to see playing against you. 

But.... Possibly loved by fans of his own team. 

On the night.... Stupid thing to do but if I am right Miller was involved. 

A stirrer if there ever was one. 

8 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

No Ricky, I can assure you Flood is not liked by Utd fans............... he really let the team down yesterday and typified all that's wrong with United, a club totally fractured. Cast adrift by their Chairman, after he sold the jerseys ( mainly to Celtic)

Complete parallel universe to Livi, honest hard working pros who are having a great season. Good manager to   

2 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

I f**kin detest Willo Flood . He got what he deserved last night,showed himself up for what he is - a washed up silly wee angry man whose best days are 4-5 years behind him .

If United do go up they need to get rid of deadwood like him. He wont cut it in the Premier.

Maybe he was told he wasn't being offered a new deal and just lost the plot.

See the source image

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

Check out the Arabs fan site and you`ll see how much he is loved .  Think the only one they seem to dislike more is Laszlo 

18 minutes ago, Abu Dhabi Saints said:

If you think that 2nd deserve the play off place then, in your opinion, there's no point in play offs.

The English system is much fairer, same amount of games for the teams in the play off places and a straight reward to the league above.

Again, it's all heavily in favour of a team that's lost a whole lot more than they have won, straight relegation is what I think should be the reward for a poor season, not a chance against a team that could well be knackered and carrying injuries. 

Correct, in my opinion the playoffs are pointless. A team who finishes 4th in a 10 team league does not deserve the chance of being promoted. It's ridiculous. You can possibly scrape top half and go up. In L1, Raith Rovers finished 16pts above 4th placed Arbroath but they had an equal shot of playoff success. Raith missed the title by 1pt. Peterhead missed the L2 title by a point and finished 22pts clear of 4th placed Stenhousemuir, but they now meet in a 2 legged playoff for the L1 spot. Promotion should be decided on what you achieve in 36 games, not over a playoff period where the stronger sides could potentially be missing vital players who got injured in the last couple of games.

I will make a similar point on fairness in the English system. In L1 Shrewsbury finished 16pts clear of Charlton in a long season with 46 games, but Charlton have an equal chance of promotion. Again I believe this is highly unfair. To be pedantic, the National League, National North and National South have similar to us - 4v7, 5v6, winners play 2 and 3.

With your final point, you are forgetting the 11th placed SPL side is still playing games right now. It's not like they have a 2 week break before the matchup. They could also suffer injuries. In the Scottish leagues I would have League Winners promoted, bottom sides relegated, and either automatic 2nd place promoted and automatic 2nd place down, or a two legged playoff between 2nd top and 2nd bottom. 3rd and 4th placed in Scotland should be nowhere near a promotion charge.