Projected Home Attendances 2018/2019

Fact

Our average Attendances have risen from 3000 to 3699 to 4448 over the past few seasons, the latter without the travelling supports of Rangers and Hibs respectively.

What do you see as our likely average attendance in the coming season where larger travelling number of away fans can be expected?

Figures for the top league show increases in Attendances at most clubs.

Will we bring in more spectators than any from the following (at least 1 will be demoted) Ross County, Partick, Hamilton, St Johnstone, Motherwell or Dundee?

Edited by St.Ricky

I expect our average will be around 5000-5500. It'll probably start reasonably high, drop away in October & November, slight increase in December, drop away again Jan & Feb and rise a bit on the run in March to May.

Its going to be brutal but if Jacks plan works it could be beautiful.

When are season tickets on sale?

As everyone has pointed out on the numerous other threads it will depend solely on our performance.  Fans are fickle and ours are up there with the best of them in that respect.  If we are struggling it will be back to the hard core 2500 or so but if we are holding our own or even outperforming previous prem campaigns then it will be up around 3.5-4.5k home fans.  Away supports will not be as  large as you think. The ugly ones will sell their allocation but then you need to factor in the number of home fans who avoid those games like the plague (ST holders included).  Your Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen, Partick (?) Motherwell will bring 1000 on a good day but way less if it's a Sunday or midweek. Killie as usual will probably see the biggest home crowds of the season.  Dundee, Fakes, RC and any other promoted team will likely bring very few as usual. 

Crowds will be what they will be Ricky - why your obsession over something completely outwith your control ?

I'd be moreconcerned with the team on the park rather than the numbers in the stands. We are where we are in that respect - struggling like most other clubs in Scotland !

5 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

As everyone has pointed out on the numerous other threads it will depend solely on our performance.  Fans are fickle and ours are up there with the best of them in that respect.  If we are struggling it will be back to the hard core 2500 or so but if we are holding our own or even outperforming previous prem campaigns then it will be up around 3.5-4.5k home fans.  Away supports will not be as  large as you think. The ugly ones will sell their allocation but then you need to factor in the number of home fans who avoid those games like the plague (ST holders included).  Your Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen, Partick (?) Motherwell will bring 1000 on a good day but way less if it's a Sunday or midweek. Killie as usual will probably see the biggest home crowds of the season.  Dundee, Fakes, RC and any other promoted team will likely bring very few as usual. 

Crowds will be what they will be Ricky - why your obsession over something completely outwith your control ?

I'd be moreconcerned with the team on the park rather than the numbers in the stands. We are where we are in that respect - struggling like most other clubs in Scotland !

Says it all, really.

11 hours ago, Desnold said:

I expect our average will be around 5000-5500. It'll probably start reasonably high, drop away in October & November, slight increase in December, drop away again Jan & Feb and rise a bit on the run in March to May.

Its going to be brutal but if Jacks plan works it could be beautiful.

When are season tickets on sale?

I tend to agree. Don't know when the season tickets are going on sale but I hope it is soon. Happy to pay early, get a discount and put money in the club's coffers  as they recruit for the new season. Ayrshire makes good points about football being a results business. I guess my approach is to fully accept that but also to do something to assist the club in planning to succeed by purchasing a season ticket giving the club up front income. The greater the number who do that the  better. The approach of Celtic, Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen and erm New Rangers is built on this approach.

• 4 months later...
5 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

This is my estimate too IOBS.  Would give us an additional 1000 people per game. 

Should we somehow be in the top 6 then this could reach 6000 .

A utilisation factor of around 75 per cent. 

Hing oan a meenit, firstly, how mony dis oor 'stadium' hawd?........8000

an you think it's gonny average 3/4 full over the season.

so this must be doon tae the bigots contribution, right?

even so, yer wrang! ......way oot.

Edited by helpmaboab