Projected Home Attendances 2018/2019

On 5/1/2018 at 10:31 AM, Ayrshire Saints said:

Crowds will be what they will be Ricky - why your obsession over something completely outwith your control ?

Never mind, Ricky, you write about anything you like!:D

AS, isn't everything concerning the decision making in the club 'outwith' the control of the fans?

18 minutes ago, helpmaboab said:

Hing oan a meenit, firstly, how mony dis oor 'stadium' hawd?........8000

an you think it's gonny average 2/3 full over the season.

so this must be doon tae the bigots contribution, right?

even so, yer wrang! ......way oot.

HMB. Here is my argument.. Feel free to disagree.  Over the past few seasons we have gone from 3,000 to 3700 to 4450. Almost a 50.per cent increase.  We did this with fairly small away support visiting the ground.  Looking at stats for away supports then Motherwell and Killies will bring 750 to 1,000 fans with Hearts,  Hibs and Aberdeen bringing around 1,500 and the Two Glasgow teams around 3,500 each.  Only Hamilton, St Johnston  and Livvy will bring under 400 fans.  Our own season ticket sales hit a record at over3,500. Turn up on the day sales will vary,  that I agree, but overall a 25 per cent increase will see us reach 5,500 with larger away supports providing at least half of the increase if not more.  Will we make 6,000?  This is possible but to do so we would need to be in the top 6 to get the larger  away fan groups after the split. Of course if we are in the top 6 then more Saints Fans will turn up and pay their money too. 

Edited by St.Ricky

32 minutes ago, helpmaboab said:

Yer havin a laugh IOBS, an 'average' of 5500. Do you understand 'average'?

We averaged 5609 in 2006/07 last time we were promoted, admittedly Love St. had a larger capacity but I believe weve sold a record number of Season Tickets this time so I'll be disappointed if it's not above 5000 maybe nudging 5500.

The attendance against Livi was 4347 so the average is almost bound to be above 5000 going into the split - after that it'll be dependant on who we play & the importance of the matches. 

Edited by Bud the Baker

2 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

We averaged 5609 in 2006/07 last time we were promoted, admittedly Love St. had a larger capacity but I believe weve sold a record number of Season Tickets this time so I'd be disappointed if it's not above 5000 maybe nudging 5500.

The attendance against Livi was 4347 so the average is almost bound to be above 5000. 

Fair enough BtB, you make a guid point. As ithers huv sed, depends on oor performances.

22 minutes ago, Frank McGarvey' wonky legs said:

With Hearts taking almost 3000 to Motherwell would the club dare have a u turn and move the family stand again for the Hearts game if they were still top nearer the time we are due to play them?

Aye, take the money. If we can stomach Celtic and Rangers getting the stand (although I am not sure personally I can) then certainly Hearts can get it too.

On 9/13/2018 at 1:49 PM, St.Ricky said:

HMB. Here is my argument.. Feel free to disagree.  Over the past few seasons we have gone from 3,000 to 3700 to 4450. Almost a 50.per cent increase.  We did this with fairly small away support visiting the ground.  Looking at stats for away supports then Motherwell and Killies will bring 750 to 1,000 fans with Hearts,  Hibs and Aberdeen bringing around 1,500 and the Two Glasgow teams around 3,500 each.  Only Hamilton, St Johnston  and Livvy will bring under 400 fans.  Our own season ticket sales hit a record at over3,500. Turn up on the day sales will vary,  that I agree, but overall a 25 per cent increase will see us reach 5,500 with larger away supports providing at least half of the increase if not more.  Will we make 6,000?  This is possible but to do so we would need to be in the top 6 to get the larger  away fan groups after the split. Of course if we are in the top 6 then more Saints Fans will turn up and pay their money too. 

Wendy.  See above.  We presently average 5,700 plus for our Three Home Games.  A number of people had suggested that attendances had peaked last season after 3 years of successive rises.  I take a different view . Attendances in Scottish Football are  rising again.  Clubs such as Hearts,  Hibs and Aberdeen are building bigger stadiums.  Our season ticket sales are at record levels despite the uncertainty over the summer and we will receive greatly increased numbers of away supporters. Acknowledgement of the latter has caused controversy by the Board deciding to Allocate both North and South Stands to away fans of the two big Glasgow clubs.  As another poster has commented we averaged over5,600 when in a similar situation when at Love Street.  At present my guess will be an average of 5,500 over the season but higher than that if we make it into the top 6 when we might see our average go to 6,000. That would utilise 75 per cent of our capacity.  This generates higher gate revenues and helps us retain and sign premiership standard players. 

Guest TPAFKATS
Aye, take the money. If we can stomach Celtic and Rangers getting the stand (although I am not sure personally I can) then certainly Hearts can get it too.
If the club are content to give away our home advantage against the old firm, then why wouldn't they do it with other teams.
It'll be another set of stickers for another set of ultras to put up in the family stand.

On Sunday, September 16, 2018 at 4:06 PM, TPAFKATS said:

If the club are content to give away our home advantage against the old firm, then why wouldn't they do it with other teams.
It'll be another set of stickers for another set of ultras to put up in the family stand.

My seat is in W4 so not directly affected. Difficult call. Best solution is for Saint Mirren Orientated fans to fill the Main, West and Family Stands. That way it becomes Heart's problem. If we don't then it is our problem and I would take the money and let Hearts have both ends.  It's up to us.

• 1 month later...
On Sunday, September 16, 2018 at 7:42 AM, Frank McGarvey' wonky legs said:

With Hearts taking almost 3000 to Motherwell would the club dare have a u turn and move the family stand again for the Hearts game if they were still top nearer the time we are due to play them?

With the family stand back in use by season ticket holders,where will we accommodate 3000 Hearts Fans should that number turn up?

Is that post for real ? 

Around 1600 Hearts fans will attend as they will have all the tickets. 

The other 1400 will remain in the Edinburgh area or anywhere else in the world apart from Greenhill Road. 

24 minutes ago, shull said:

Is that post for real ? 

Around 1600 Hearts fans will attend as they will have all the tickets. 

The other 1400 will remain in the Edinburgh area or anywhere else in the world apart from Greenhill Road. 

And if there are more than 1600 there?  Will they buy tickets on the day and for what part of the ground..W1 or W7 perhaps? 

(That post was for real) 

3 hours ago, shull said:

1400 of them ? 

I didn't make the call on 3000 Hearts Fans. That was another poster. Apparently, that number were at Fir Park. 

My question is a simple one. If more than 1600 come then where will they be accommodated within the ground? 

Personally,  I would love to have 1400 more turn up.  W1 and W7 are not full... So space for them there. 

Edited by St.Ricky

Just now, St.Ricky said:

I didn't make the call on 3000 Hearts Fans. That was another poster. Apparently, that number were at First Park

My question is a simple one. If more than 1600 come then where will they be accommodated within the ground? 

Personally,  I would love to have 1400 more turn up.  W1 and W7 are not full... So space for them there. 

:rolleyes:

19 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Are you going to watch Saints v The Heats as you apparently call them in your posts.?

Give it an Fn rest!

This sort of idiot is why I don't frequent this site so often. Continuous abuse and a sense of self importance just because he goes to games. FYI. I go to most games but have the sense to realise that not every Saints' fan is able to do so. I have only popped in here occasionally in recent times and EVERY time I have I have been confronted by at least one attack BY YOU on FS about games he doesn't go to. 

It's a pity you can't think of anything constructive or sensible to write about in your sad, lonely existence so have to bait to attract attention.

Edited by stlucifer