Favourite Away Grounds

St.Ricky

I like going to some grounds more than others. Our recent visits to Inverness and Tannadice reminded me of how good an atmosphere can be created at matches.

The welcome from stewards and staff at Brechin is worth a mention as is the soup there.

The steak bridie at East End Park makes any visit worthwhile.

By contrast our Cup match at Lothian Vale in their flat oval was entertaining through interaction with their management team and their proximity.

Tyne castle is a ground with atmosphere. Looking forward to visiting next season.

Sadly not looking forward to visiting our nearest neighbours ground.

Edited by St.Ricky

Tynecastle has always been a favourite of mine. We take a good support there, Hearts fans fill their own seats, atmosphere is good, and it's one of the best views you get at an away ground in Scotland.

I like Rugby Park as well, again the view is decent and the pies are to die for. 

Ive only experienced two terraced grounds, Ayr and East Stirling (who were playing at Ochilview so technically Stenhousemuir). The different experience from a usual SPL game was brilliant, when we played Ayr in the Scottish Cup a few years ago we had that stand plus the side bit completely full. The atmosphere created was incredible, loved every minute of it.

Worst? Easily Celtic. Horrendous view, constant abuse from the junkies in close range to you, and instead of feeling like a football game it feels more like you've opted to spend a day in the stocks. Never been back since.

19 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

I like going to some grounds more than others. Our recent visits to Inverness and Tannadice reminded me of how good an atmosphere can be created at matches.

The welcome from stewards and staff at Brechin is worth a mention as is the soup there.

The steak bridie at East End Park makes any visit worthwhile.

By contrast our Cup match at Lothian Vale in their flat oval was entertaining through interaction with their management team and their proximity.

Tyne castle is a ground with atmosphere. Looking forward to visiting next season.

Sadly not looking forward to visiting our nearest neighbours ground.

1 hour ago, whydowebother said:

hope tae f**k people stop quoting your pish so I don’t see it. :)

It's been a long time since I regularly attended away matches and most of the grounds then had terracings.

Loved all the covered terracings with a fence near enough down the middle.

Favourite was the Cappielow Cowshed - What a fantastic atmosphere.

Loving mentions for ....  Broomfield, Fir Park, Douglas Park, Muirton Park ( No Fence ) and most of the old Second Division Stadiums from the early 1970's.

1 hour ago, whydowebother said:

FFS!

I wish tae f**k you’d stop posting shite every time you get a thought.

Favourite person ‘away’ from the forum might be appropriate & hope tae f**k people stop quoting your pish so I don’t see it.

Stay calm and on Topic and give us your favourite Away Stadium. :)

On 01/05/2018 at 5:42 PM, whydowebother said:

FFS!

I wish tae f**k you’d stop posting shite every time you get a thought.

Favourite person ‘away’ from the forum might be appropriate & hope tae f**k people stop quoting your pish so I don’t see it.

I have never visited that ground why do we bother.