The Return Of The Sin Bin

I've spoken to and seen comments from a few ex-users of this forum who no longer visit for various reasons but the recurring theme I get is that people are just fed up with the utter shite that is posted on here, usually on a really repetitive basis, from a small number of users.

As such I have decided to resurrect the Sin Bin. If you suddenly find you are no longer able to post in this section of the forum, look for the Sin Bin section where you will be free to post as usual.

Going to run this way for a few weeks and see if there is any mileage left in the forum, or if it's run it's natural course and it's time to put the whole thing in the bin.

Enjoy :D

Sounds like an exit strategy.

I think there are quite a few of us would still like to post our post-match thoughts in more than 180 characters.  You probably need someone willing to act as moderator on here, and probably some minimum word count for a topic to be posted.

It would be a shame to see Saints debate confined to tweets.  And the facebook page is worse than the Sin Bin!

Social media has taken off with regards Twitter and Facebook both these media running Saints fans pages. Is there a need for BAWA when all things Saints can be discussed on Pie & Bovril also. The forum has improved vastly along with winning games but still don't see the need for it. 

Social media has taken off with regards Twitter and Facebook both these media running Saints fans pages. Is there a need for BAWA when all things Saints can be discussed on Pie & Bovril also. The forum has improved vastly along with winning games but still don't see the need for it. 

Speak for yourself, not all of us bother with faceless or twatter

Sin bin for you any more of that !!

8 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

I don't have any desire to sign up to the highly corrupt Facebook or Twitter.

I also would prefer not to have fans of other clubs interrupting the highly intellectual saints related discussion on here.:whistle

So IMO this forum is a welcome occasional break from real life.:)

Edited by FTOF

6 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Disagree with you there.  This forum still has a place and is still my first point of call for Saints matters.  As for P&B, yes we can discuss matters on there but you also have the half baked opinions of other teams fans to contend with, and if you think Dickson is bad then there are some on P&B who are way worse.

2 minutes ago, FTOF said:

I don't have any desire to sign up to the highly corrupt Facebook or Twitter.

I also would prefer not to have fans of other clubs interrupting the highly intellectual saints related discussion on here.:whistle

So IMO this forum is a welcome escape from real life.:)

I get that this site can be very good but it needs mods to do it many of whom got fed up and gave up. Can understand from Div's point of view it must be a unnecessary hassle at times. 

I would vote stay, still my favourite Saints outlet for news and debate.

I just skip over a lot  of stuff.

There are a couple, and only a couple, of guys who I have thought about letting rip at as I think they are just plain at it, but as I said,

just skip past. I know who I like to read on here.

2 hours ago, Kemp said:

Sounds like an exit strategy.

I think there are quite a few of us would still like to post our post-match thoughts in more than 180 characters.  You probably need someone willing to act as moderator on here, and probably some minimum word count for a topic to be posted.

It would be a shame to see Saints debate confined to tweets.  And the facebook page is worse than the Sin Bin!

Better moderation would be decent as in general there are good posts on here , there are those that have been banned and managed to come back , more than once and there seem to be some who are already running scared after the announcement , the ones that favour communication by the tedious over use of emoticons. .

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Yet you post on here on a regular basis?!

41 minutes ago, div said:

I will also be looking at moderation. The forum will stay, there's no danger of that changing, however things around it need to change.

Announce Moderator Steven Gerrard! 

We are the forumsers!