St Mirren Fans from the past.

When my kids were young (1970's) there was a guy with a voice so loud you could hear him above everybody else. My son's called him BigShouter. In recent years there was Tosh.  I didn't know Tam McGarry but by all accounts a great fan.  Who do you remember (fondly)? 

Edited by St.Ricky

45 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

When my kids were young (1970's) there was a guy with a voice so loud you could hear him above everybody else. My son's called him BigShouter. In recent years there was Tosh.  I didn't know Tam McGarry but by all accounts a great fan.  Who do you remember (fondly)? 

Big  Jim

4 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:
5 hours ago, St.Ricky said:
Hope my grandson might feel like that one day. 

Only of your name's Frank and you're from Foxbar.

Ah... another witty contribution. 

Anything to offer on topic? 

There was a guy that used to sit up the near the back of the North Bank, who could always be heard above everyone else. I thought he had an Irish accent but someone on here corrected me saying it was in fact a Highland accent. Anyone able to identify who that was? He was passionate that's for sure. 

27 minutes ago, madmitch said:

There was a guy that used to sit up the near the back of the North Bank, who could always be heard above everyone else. I thought he had an Irish accent but someone on here corrected me saying it was in fact a Highland accent. Anyone able to identify who that was? He was passionate that's for sure. 

I remember him. Definitely passionate  and definitely Highland or Islands accent. I may be wrong but I think he is still around and sits in the main stand towards the north end.

Sat next to an 82 year old gentleman at the recent St Mirren v Falkirk game in Paisley. 

He has been coming to games for the past 75 years. 

Quiet and unassuming... He is a real credit to Paisley and St Mirren

Made my 44 years following the club seem small. 

Edited by St.Ricky

My  Grandpa.... Willie Laing................... B 1899 D 1977

Reason I became Saints fan, missed 1926 Cup Final as he had stayed in Belgium after WW1, but managed to find out result by going to local cinema..... he said he shouted out "Ya Beauty "and the whole Cinema looked at him with disgust.....................  he didn't care..... he did make the 1959 final...............

Died March, fittingly in our centenary year,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and a great year for us..................

Remember he told me, that if I did support Saints- it would never be easy, but that made it all the more fun when it happened---- So true.......................

Edited by DougJamie