Return of the Reserve league.

Apparently this will be returning to replace the U20 Development League next season. Don’t think it’s been confirmed yet though.

Hopefully 1930/1945 kickoff times and games played at St. Mirren Park. Thoroughly enjoyed Reserve football at Love Street- only time I ever sat in the Main stand.

Saints also won the Reserve league West in season 1995-96.

C9F0057D-88EF-4843-8067-90FA3B3160C3.png

I was introduced to St Mirren back in the days when the Reserves played the mirror fixture to the 1st team......at 3pm on a Sat!!!!They got no bad crowds at them,travelling to away games wouldn't have been easy so just pop down to LS.

I must have been 7 when I realised we actually played away games too.:rolleyes:

PS....Reserve games were given a match report in the Sat night Times and Citizen.

PPS....Sorry if I sound like Ricky.:unsure:

Enjoyed Reserve games at Love Street.  Players could hear every word from the Enclosure!!!!!!  

Have gone to several under 20 games,  including away from home. 

Enjoyable. Usually fast paced but sometimes lacked a bit of intensity. 

PS. HSS

Your new style suits you sir. 

You saw some great games at the reserves on a Saturday in the 60's.  I even saw Denis Connaghan, a great goalie, playing outside right a couple of times.  Before breaking into the first team Gordon McQueen was a joy to watch when he went on a "wander" with the ball towards the opponent's box but Alex Wright soon knocked that out of him.