Pre Match Rituals Of Fans and Players

Most of us have a pre match routine.  Mine starts with scanning the papers on line for any mention of Saints or their opponents using News Now.  Then on to the scarf,  hat and glovescheck.  Then listening to Off the Ball on the journey.  Arrive. Either go to1877 for a coke or sit and listen to Sportsound. 2.40 Enter the ground.  Buy Buddies Steak Pie and Diet Coke.  Take my seat and catch the end of the warm up session.  Always stand-up when the players reappear for the game.  Simple.. Boring perhaps... But... If I hadn't done these for every game this season then of course Saints wouldn't have won the league as things would have gone wrong.  What's your routine. 

On players I heard that DVZ ensured that he wouldn't be crap in a game by going for 1 immediately before the game started. (Good player) 

Edited by St.Ricky

I'll reply to your new and incisive threads at any time Ronnie. Feel free to start some.
Plenty existing threads already running to cover anything I might want to post maybe you should try that sometime.

This retirement lark isn't really working out for you maybe you should find a hobby to occupy your mind.

Just had a quick check of content of Ricky's obsessed critics. 

Absolutely next to nothing to write home about 

Leave Rick alone. 

His stalkers really are putting the Forum to sleep. 

I am a bit obsessive myself. 

Got to pass the old Love Street before every home match at Greenhill Road. 

Even if it means taking diversions to do it as sometimes coming into Paisley from different directions. 

Usually, off M8 at Airport. 

Head for Love Street. 

Respectful nod of head as I pass. 

Then to West End to pick up my wee daughter. 

Off to Greenhill Road. 

Will continue routine, even after houses are built. 

1 hour ago, Ronnie said:

Plenty existing threads already running to cover anything I might want to post maybe you should try that sometime.

This retirement lark isn't really working out for you maybe you should find a hobby to occupy your mind.

I have hobbies Ronnie. 

Saint Mirren.

Eating out.

Theatre.

Cinema.

Reading.

Running 2 Businesses

Helping a start up

This leaves me with some time.

Advice is always welcome

Certainly remembered my rituals in the David Hay/John C/ Tommy Craig/Ian Murray reigns

11am Kick the Cat

11.05 Kick the Cat

11.30 Swear at neighbours 

12.00 Be told by missus to get a grip

12.15 Consulate a lawyer

12.30 Realise things could only get worse ( if that's possible)

12.45 Down 5 / 6 points and consider Class A Drugs (But then go for Peanuts)

3pm - 4.50 pm.............. Practise Yoga in the West Stand/ North Bank.................

5.15-Get home, Kick cat, realise it wasn't a nightmare and grovel to save my marriage.....................

6.30- Look at League table - and boot fk out of the cat

Happy Days !!

Edited by DougJamie

8 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Mines were quite boring. I had three scarfs and would swap over to a different one every time we lost the last game.

That and making sure I always got a Scotch Pie at whatever ground we would be playing at that day.

Always had the same scarf for decades. 

Received for my birthday on April 19th 1977 for a certain match that night. 

Last seen tied to the Love Street Gates in January 2009.

Also, every home match at Love Street, I would stand at the back of the North Bank Choir, having coffee and a smoke, while soaking up the atmosphere before taking my seat at 2.55.

Not quite a pre match ritual , more of a superstition .

Lost my scarf at the  4-1 Ton game and bought a new one before the Dundee Utd game which we played superb and  won comfortably . During the game i spilled Bovril on it resulting in a yucky stain (on the white bit of course ! -_- )   My wife kept saying she would shove it in the wash and the stain would come out ..... NOT A CHANCE !!   The scarf stayed well clear of the washing machine and the stain stayed till the end of the season .

Lets see what next season brings , hopefully my scarf stain continues to bring us luck. Coz it was defo all down to my scarf :rolleyes:

36 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Not quite a pre match ritual , more of a superstition .

Lost my scarf at the  4-1 Ton game and bought a new one before the Dundee Utd game which we played superb and  won comfortably . During the game i spilled Bovril on it resulting in a yucky stain (on the white bit of course ! -_- )   My wife kept saying she would shove it in the wash and the stain would come out ..... NOT A CHANCE !!   The scarf stayed well clear of the washing machine and the stain stayed till the end of the season .

Lets see what next season brings , hopefully my scarf stain continues to bring us luck. Coz it was defo all down to my scarf :rolleyes:

Yes I think Jack mentioned that scarf in his acceptance speech :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Certainly remembered my rituals in the David Hay/John C/ Tommy Craig/Ian Murray reigns

11am Kick the Cat

11.05 Kick the Cat

11.30 Swear at neighbours 

12.00 Be told by missus to get a grip

12.15 Consulate a lawyer

12.30 Realise things could only get worse ( if that's possible)

12.45 Down 5 / 6 points and consider Class A Drugs (But then go for Peanuts)

3pm - 4.50 pm.............. Practise Yoga in the West Stand/ North Bank.................

5.15-Get home, Kick cat, realise it wasn't a nightmare and grovel to save my marriage.....................

6.30- Look at League table - and boot fk out of the cat

Happy Days !!

Name of the cat wouldn't be Topcat by any chance ?   :rolleyes:

8 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

On players I heard that DVZ ensured that he wouldn't be crap in a game by going for 1 immediately before the game started. (Good player) 

I must query this. Was this a quick push it out and wipe up, or did he leave the warm up early to get maximum effectiveness from his crap?