South stand for OF

Cairters_Corner

Disappointed that we have not been consulted on this matter. Especially after taking £50K from ring-fenced monies for the 3G pitch at Ralston.

No communication at all from SMISA that hundreds of season ticket holders and/or SMISA members would be moved in favour of Old Firm supporters.

Guest TPAFKATS

Smisa is a minority shareholder. The guys on the board may have consulted, sorry told about it, but Gordon is the Chairman and majority shareholder so it's pretty much his club.

Whilst I understand a business (financial) decision has been made.
I think GLS has missed a trick here.

Last season, he challenged the support to keep the West Stand if x amount of Season ticket were sold for it.

He could have done the same now

If we sell x for the west stand and x for the south stand, the north stand only will be given to away supports (all of them)
And challenged us to keep rankers & septic fans out of the family stand.

I am guilty of regularly pointing out that there would be games in the upcoming season where casual fans if Saints might not be able to obtain a ticket unless they had our purchased a season ticket. A number of folks took this to mean that we needed to sell out the Main, West and South Stand to home supporters.  For those of us who lived through the Fergus period this was not as far fetched as it might seem.  In any event our attendances have been climbing nicely thank you over the past few seasons without on the whole,  large increases in numbers of away fans.  It seemed that negative PR was OK but to talk up our potential season ticket sales was merely folly. We shouldn't be too surprised then that the board have taken a cautious line.  Nor should we be too surprised at the decision made to allocate the South Stand to away fans in the OF games. The club is a business and to operate in the very competitive environment it now finds itself in, it needs all of the financial muscle it can muster. 

Question 

A simple question arises. What happens If the West Stand and Main Stand season tickets are fully sold?  

Suggestion to the board. 

Sell Main and West Stand season tickets only until fully sold. 

Then sell South Stand season tickets omitting  the OF games

Or

Make the South Stand a Buy Per Game area... Again excluding sales to home  fans for OF games. 

No approach other than ensuring we maximise both the opportunity for home  fans to attend and income generated for the club is available. 

Unless we buy enough season tickets. 

Buy your season tickets early is my advice or risk (not a certainty I grant you) missing out on watching Saints play the top teams.

PS.  Could W1 not be allocated as our familysection? 

20 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I am guilty of regularly pointing out that there would be games in the upcoming season where casual fans if Saints might not be able to obtain a ticket unless they had our purchased a season ticket. A number of folks took this to mean that we needed to sell out the Main, West and South Stand to home supporters.  For those of us who lived through the Fergus period this was not as far fetched as it might seem.  In any event our attendances have been climbing nicely thank you over the past few seasons without on the whole,  large increases in numbers of away fans.  It seemed that negative PR was OK but to talk up our potential season ticket sales was merely folly. We shouldn't be too surprised then that the board have taken a cautious line.  Nor should we be too surprised at the decision made to allocate the South Stand to away fans in the OF games. The club is a business and to operate in the very competitive environment it now finds itself in, it needs all of the financial muscle it can muster. 

Question 

A simple question arises. What happens If the West Stand and Main Stand season tickets are fully sold?  

Suggestion to the board. 

Sell Main and West Stand season tickets only until fully sold. 

Then sell South Stand season tickets omitting  the OF games

Or

Make the South Stand a Buy Per Game area... Again excluding sales to home  fans for OF games. 

No approach other than ensuring we maximise both the opportunity for home  fans to attend and income generated for the club is available. 

Unless we buy enough season tickets. 

Buy your season tickets early is my advice or risk (not a certainty I grant you) missing out on watching Saints play the top teams.

PS.  Could W1 not be allocated as our familysection? 

Fair points, however there are 1,800 seats behind the goal (roughly) - and around 300 available in W1. 

Noticed loads of kids in and around the singing section recently, I predict quite a few will fancy getting into W6, they seem to love the noise/flags etc. 

Remember this?

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/14537132.Interview__Gordon_Scott__the_man_who_would_be_St_Mirren__39_s_Ann_Budge/

“You look at the Rangers game [at the end of the season when St Mirren gave an additional stand to the Ibrox support]. The right thing would have been to go to the fans and say “we can make X amount of money but we’ll need to move a group of fans, what do you think?” and let them have their say. It would never be in my interest to go against the fans’ wishes. Things like league reconstruction or going back to the Rangers situation in 2012 – these are the things that supporters will get to vote on. And unless I felt it was an option that would put the club in peril I would go with what the fans want. That is the whole ethos of this.”

“The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.”

Edited by StuD

22 minutes ago, StuD said:

Remember this?

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/14537132.Interview__Gordon_Scott__the_man_who_would_be_St_Mirren__39_s_Ann_Budge/

“The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.”

Mind you said the StuD name was only for that one specific BTB subject? :rolleyes:

22 minutes ago, linwood buddie said:

There is also the chance that any of the games v the bigots be shown on Sky or BT , this would no doubt hit the demand for tickets from their knuckle dragging followers.

Most of their away games are televised in the season anyway, imagine this has been factored in. Also with us being so close by, they will still likely have a demand for a few thousand tickets. 

10 minutes ago, Abu Dhabi Saints said:

Are they? 

Yeah Celtic and Rangers have the most televised games of anyone in the league and league rules prevent a maximum number of home fixtures a season being exceeded to protect crowds for teams playing televised fixtures. 

8 hours ago, StuD said:

Remember this?

As per The Holy Grail, it obviously depends upon your definition of peril. Gordon's never going to be questioned now, I literally can't think of one thing he could do within reason that the fans wouldn't support. As said before, fine if you're Chairman at a regular club. The other thing is, you and I as non-SMISA members shouldn't have been part of the debate anyway. Public meeting, secure web link, full presentation of finances and a vote on the night possibly extended to season ticket holders. But, even then, the second anyone says "this gives Jack more money" it's backed anyway and debate becomes redundant. 

Personal view, not sure 100K is worth giving up a second stand for. You now have away fans entering from all four corners of the ground...just doesn't sit right on many levels, first one being safety.

Safety?

As HS stated earlier, we've given the south stand to the blue bigots before and maybe I missed something, but it seemed to pass with no major incidents.

Under our previous arrangement, bigot fans from the North stand mix relatively freely with the home fans before and after the game Why should it be any different in the South stand?

Also, other clubs give the OF far larger allocations to the bigots. I'm sure that at some grounds there will be mixing of home and away fans mixing without any significant safety breaches.

I dislike the idea that any bigot fan gets to come to our ground, but it would be financial suicide not screw them for every penny we can get. If the extra money we gain from their presence goes towards securing us a 20 goal striker or another equally important member of the squad, then go for it.

10 hours ago, cockles1987 said:

There was a condition before a club went bust that only a certain amount of home games were televised live. If I remember correct it was 4. So in reality the only games that were shown live at home for anyone were against one or other of the ugly sisters.

Not sure of the conditions now.

Ps just seen that bazil has written something similar so I must be right emoji14.png

Sounds about right aye :lol:

• 1 year later...
On 5/5/2018 at 11:02 PM, StuD said:

Remember this?

The fans to get a chance to vote on OF getting South stand? 

1 hour ago, waldorf34 said:

The fans to get a chance to vote on OF getting South stand? 

Just what we need because we haven’t got lots of active threads on this subject already... GLS shouldn’t have went on record saying that, he made a mistake but it says much more for the people that can’t let it go than it does about him. 

He’d never ran a football club before yet he’s absolutely not allowed to make a single error in judgement without fans dragging it up for years to come? 

On 5/5/2018 at 7:21 AM, Kombibuddie said:

Whilst I understand a business (financial) decision has been made.
I think GLS has missed a trick here.

Last season, he challenged the support to keep the West Stand if x amount of Season ticket were sold for it.

He could have done the same now

If we sell x for the west stand and x for the south stand, the north stand only will be given to away supports (all of them)
And challenged us to keep rankers & septic fans out of the family stand.

Very sensible suggestion then and for the half term season ticket sales. 

Just what we need because we haven’t got lots of active threads on this subject already... GLS shouldn’t have went on record saying that, he made a mistake but it says much more for the people that can’t let it go than it does about him. 
He’d never ran a football club before yet he’s absolutely not allowed to make a single error in judgement without fans dragging it up for years to come? 
So which is he?

A genius businessman we should trust, or a mistake making virgin chairman who needs you to defend him?

Can't have it both ways!

What a load of utter bullshit from Gordon this turned out to be. :lol

“You look at the Rangers game [at the end of the season when St Mirren gave an additional stand to the Ibrox support]. The right thing would have been to go to the fans and say “we can make X amount of money but we’ll need to move a group of fans, what do you think?” and let them have their say. It would never be in my interest to go against the fans’ wishes. Things like league reconstruction or going back to the Rangers situation in 2012 – these are the things that supporters will get to vote on. And unless I felt it was an option that would put the club in peril I would go with what the fans want. That is the whole ethos of this.”

25 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

What a load of utter bullshit from Gordon this turned out to be. :lol

Hostage to fortune comes to mind. Nice little caveat though in the penultimate sentence. 

On 8/15/2019 at 12:11 PM, BuddieinEK said:
On 8/15/2019 at 10:04 AM, bazil85 said:

So which is he?

A genius businessman we should trust, or a mistake making virgin chairman who needs you to defend him?

Can't have it both ways!

And why can't he be both? Are you superb at EVERYTHING as well as posting on here! 

And why can't he be both? Are you superb at EVERYTHING as well as posting on here! 

Personally I don't think he is both. He has a great track record in business and needs to prove himself to nobody.

My post was more a dig at the other poster for feeling the need to defend the chairman at every opportunity.

Personally, I think this particular decision wasn't a "mistake" by the chairman, but a poor and short sighted business one.

Re what the other poster calls a "mistake", he made a public statement as part of a sales pitch then went back on it...

That wasn't a "mistake", it was a deliberate decision which many disagree with and some feel betrayed by.