South stand for OF

Cairters_Corner

22 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:
3 hours ago, jaybee said:
And why can't he be both? Are you superb at EVERYTHING as well as posting on here! 

Personally I don't think he is both. He has a great track record in business and needs to prove himself to nobody.

My post was more a dig at the other poster for feeling the need to defend the chairman at every opportunity.

Personally, I think this particular decision wasn't a "mistake" by the chairman, but a poor and short sighted business one.

Re what the other poster calls a "mistake", he made a public statement as part of a sales pitch then went back on it...

That wasn't a "mistake", it was a deliberate decision which many disagree with and some feel betrayed by.

Point taken re Baz defending GLS, (although if I am honest I do the same sometimes, well! fairly often actually...........but NOT always)

Yes he did make a public statement (naive methinks) but in his statement he had a caveat  whereby he stated "And unless I felt it was an option that would put the club in peril I would go with what the fans want. That is the whole ethos of this.”. A bit of a slinky way out of it I appreciate; but he dropped himself in it through inexperience and naivety, surely.

Yes it was a deliberate decision............... but it was his to make ..................... IMO.

Point taken re Baz defending GLS, (although if I am honest I do the same sometimes, well! fairly often actually...........but NOT always)
Yes he did make a public statement (naive methinks) but in his statement he had a caveat  whereby he stated "And unless I felt it was an option that would put the club in peril I would go with what the fans want. That is the whole ethos of this.”. A bit of a slinky way out of it I appreciate; but he dropped himself in it through inexperience and naivety, surely.
Yes it was a deliberate decision............... but it was his to make ..................... IMO.
Absolutely.

No disagreement here.

I disagree with the decision but not his right to make it.

7 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

Personally I don't think he is both. He has a great track record in business and needs to prove himself to nobody.

My post was more a dig at the other poster for feeling the need to defend the chairman at every opportunity.

Personally, I think this particular decision wasn't a "mistake" by the chairman, but a poor and short sighted business one.

Re what the other poster calls a "mistake", he made a public statement as part of a sales pitch then went back on it...

That wasn't a "mistake", it was a deliberate decision which many disagree with and some feel betrayed by.

I thought Gordon would have been at the Q.A to answer fans concerns. 

1 minute ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

I thought Gordon would have been at the Q.A to answer fans concerns. 

It was a meet the new manager evening, so the attendance of GLS would be inappropriate.

There IS a Meet Gordon event, though.  Aka the AGM.

9 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Have been to a few in the past where S.G attend on stage. 

He’s more done the job of overseeing from memory as opposed to getting involved in meet the manager events. Last one Tony was there as well but there isn’t any real requirement for them at meet the manager events. 

Knowing some of our fans, it would likely have became the hang GLS show if he did. Good to get the focus on the new management team