Sin Bin Betting Thread

faraway saint

Many bet, most lose. Never seen the kick in it, if its a small bet then winnings are small and might often, be enough just to pay for drinks or a meal. Jings.. I have the money for those so why would I risk diminishing it. Don't get the attraction. Many do. But lose. 

Many bet, most lose. Never seen the kick in it, if its a small bet then winnings are small and might often, be enough just to pay for drinks or a meal. Jings.. I have the money for those so why would I risk diminishing it. Don't get the attraction. Many do. But lose. 
I put a couple of quid on here or there. Currently have £37 in my kitty... Last put £20 top up in October.

Attraction?

The thrill of the occasional win.
Getting one up on the "experts"?

Of course, small wagers generally mean small returns but that's fine by me.

1 minute ago, BuddieinEK said:

I put a couple of quid on here or there. Currently have £37 in my kitty... Last put £20 top up in October.

Attraction?

I'm not Criticising others. Just don't get the kick myself. Don' drink as I don't enjoy it. Don't criticise those who do. In both cases.. When they do it Responsibly. 

7 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

Attraction?

Seems that's too difficult to understand.

The vast majority who have a bet don't end up in financial trouble or toddling along to gamblers anonymous.

Oh, last night BTTS and Liverpool win, BOOM, I'm on fire. :thumbs2

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Seems that's too difficult to understand.

The vast majority who have a bet don't end up in financial trouble or toddling along to gamblers anonymous.

Oh, last night BTTS and Liverpool win, BOOM, I'm on fire. :thumbs2

Nothing difficult to understand. Feel free to make your bets. What I object to is the normalisation of and hugely increased access to gambling via the Internet and the use of sponsorship by betting companies in sport. A perfectly reasonable point to make, I would think. 

34 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Nothing difficult to understand. Feel free to make your bets. What I object to is the normalisation of and hugely increased access to gambling via the Internet and the use of sponsorship by betting companies in sport. A perfectly reasonable point to make, I would think. 

Would you rather Scottish football had no sponsors ?

45 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Are you suggesting gambling is not normal, bets have been placed in one form or another for thousands of years?

To reply to the last two posts. I haven't said that no-one should gamble. Nor have I said that Scottish Football should have no sponsors. 

In the past smoking tobacco was normalised and sponsorship allowed. This changed as medical knowledge and society changed and doesn't happen now.. In this country. 

In the past alcohol was normalised but greater public awareness has seen the public become more aware of health issues and societal changes in habits. Sponsorship was allowed. It no longer is. 

I see betting going the same way. It doesn't mean a ban on betting but a ban on sponsorship.