Sin Bin Betting Thread

faraway saint

1 hour ago, Charlotte Saint said:

Getting a bit too close for comfort

It was... but she was playing well too so I felt confident, but it's never over till it's over in golf,  Once bet a guy who was 5 ahead playing the 13th,,  he finished about 10th,  6 or 7 shots behind the leader,,  Think he looked up and saw the leader board and his arse collapsed, happens a lot,  

Crystal Ball Wizard GIF by Verohallinto

OK head on the chopping block 

The master is for me the easiest major to pick the winner,  horses for courses tournament, the top golfers normally fight it out and only 60 players make the cut. if your looking for the winner now I wouldn't look beyond the first 10/12 in the betting but i'd wait till the cut,  one man in form right now is Jordan Spieth hard to see him not being involved, but at 11/1 not for me, 

I've put a wee wager on Gary Woodland at 150/1 ew of 10 on Paddy Power, he's had a lot of injury problems, but has won a Major and played well last week,  30/1  a top 10 place for a Major winner only 2 year ago,  

And a wee speculative bet Cameron Champ first round leader 100/1 ew on bet365,  very erratic player he'll either shoot 6 under or 6 over. 

That's my bets at the moment but I'm still looking at my crystal ball.

Would love it if wee Boab McIntyre was to win, and my heart says back him 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 but the last rookie to win it was over 40 years ago and 40 years before that. Horses for courses 

On 4/7/2021 at 11:44 AM, portmahomack saint said:

Crystal Ball Wizard GIF by Verohallinto

OK head on the chopping block 

The master is for me the easiest major to pick the winner,  horses for courses tournament, the top golfers normally fight it out and only 60 players make the cut. if your looking for the winner now I wouldn't look beyond the first 10/12 in the betting but i'd wait till the cut,  one man in form right now is Jordan Spieth hard to see him not being involved, but at 11/1 not for me, 

I've put a wee wager on Gary Woodland at 150/1 ew of 10 on Paddy Power, he's had a lot of injury problems, but has won a Major and played well last week,  30/1  a top 10 place for a Major winner only 2 year ago,  

And a wee speculative bet Cameron Champ first round leader 100/1 ew on bet365,  very erratic player he'll either shoot 6 under or 6 over. 

That's my bets at the moment but I'm still looking at my crystal ball.

Would love it if wee Boab McIntyre was to win, and my heart says back him 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 but the last rookie to win it was over 40 years ago and 40 years before that. Horses for courses 

Woodland, made the cut at a decent +1 (T32)

Champ, right in with a shout at -4 (T6)

As you'll be aware Augusta, I personally dislike the course, can bite any player on the arse at any time, but the tournament starts today.

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Woodland, made the cut at a decent +1 (T32)

Champ, right in with a shout at -4 (T6)

As you'll be aware Augusta, I personally dislike the course, can bite any player on the arse at any time, but the tournament starts today.

Exactly the course can swallow you up in a blink of a eye, pretty much going the way I thought it would. Spieth and Thomas looking dangerous, Big guns moving up the leaderboard Schauffele. Morikawa. Dechambeau. Hovland.  with a few biting the dust, Dustin. Koepka. Cantlay. and Rory who for me doesn't have the short game to win this, IMO

They say the Masters starts on the back 9 on Sunday,  anyone within 5 or 6 shots will have a chance going into Sunday,  if Champ had the short game to match his long game he'd be leading now, he's left quite a few shots out there..  had a 4 putt on the 3rd hole on Thursday from 18ft, 

And you forget to mention the pride of Scotland Wee Boab 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 his first Masters tied 21st, 

Anyway the 4 players I mentioned all made the cut. so reputation still intact,  :)  Good luck if your having a bet 

22 minutes ago, windae cleaner said:

The Jockey of the Year won the Grand National

Well done young lady

But that was a brutal watch

I fear for a few horses that fell

I hope i am wrong

If any are dead, do you think they'll have 3 days of national mourning for them ?

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

Away and don't talk utter shite. :lol

What's shite about it ? 

You hold an old Greek guy that was fortunate enough to be picked up by the Royal Navy in higher regard than a horse that had no option to race. 

I suggest that it's you that's talking shite.

Just now, munoz said:

What's shite about it ? 

You hold an old Greek guy that was fortunate enough to be picked up by the Royal Navy in higher regard than a horse that had no option to race. 

I suggest that it's you that's talking shite.

I suggest you have a wee prayer the next time you tuck into a bacon sandwich. :lol

There's been some drivel over this but your right up there., well done, quite an achievement. :happyclapper

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

I suggest you have a wee prayer the next time you tuck into a bacon sandwich. :lol

There's been some drivel over this but your right up there., well done, quite an achievement. :happyclapper

I'm vegan, so there's little chance of that.