Sin Bin Betting Thread

faraway saint

7 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Must be great winning EVERY time? :lol:

Told you you'd be jealous :lol:

No one wins all the time not even the bookie.... would take the fun out it if you won all the time don't you think ? and that's what it's all about for me a bit of fun. luckily for me I'm quite good at it sometimes or maybe just lucky going by last night,  Mostly Golf and big race meetings for me like Royal Ascot and Cheltenham etc, don't bet that often on football it's a mugs game  :lol: 

If you hate losing don't bet... be it 50p or £100 

32 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

Told you you'd be jealous :lol:

No one wins all the time not even the bookie.... would take the fun out it if you won all the time don't you think ? and that's what it's all about for me a bit of fun. luckily for me I'm quite good at it sometimes or maybe just lucky going by last night,  Mostly Golf and big race meetings for me like Royal Ascot and Cheltenham etc, don't bet that often on football it's a mugs game  :lol: 

If you hate losing don't bet... be it 50p or £100 

Not jealous in the slightest mate.

Only pointing out you mainly post when you win.

As I recall @Eric Arthur Blair did post his history once, warts and all. 

It's the main reason I NEVER post what I've put on or won. 

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

On bet365 (and other sites too I'd wager (see what I did there?)) you can select a time period to see your profit or loss. IIRC it's up to one year.

Having nothing to hide, here is my history for the last year.

image.png.69881716134970e4587b8ba7bfb72b3f.png

51 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Don't think I posted those golf bets from last month as far as I can remember and I didn't post winning golf bets I had last 3 weeks out of 4 either don't need to boast mate 

Only posted the Madrid bet as it was a stroke of good fortune if you watched the game if it was a betting slip it would have been ripped up and in the bin 

Like all punters I've got loads of losing slips I'll look one up for you  :lol: 

6 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

On bet365 (and other sites too I'd wager (see what I did there?)) you can select a time period to see your profit or loss. IIRC it's up to one year.

Having nothing to hide, here is my history for the last year.

image.png.69881716134970e4587b8ba7bfb72b3f.png

Didn't know i'll have a look at mine... don't think I'll post mind might upset someone 

Probably me :lol: 

15 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

And yes, you're reading that right...I've had £440 of free bets from bet365 in the last year which Is why I rarely bet anywhere else.

A loss on Bet365 over 12 month  :thumbsdown

A profit on Paddy's probably because I only use it for golf now  :)  but that's on a new card over only 3 month 

Overall a small loss not surprised that's why Bet365 can pay their owner 500 million a year 

But loads of fun and exciting moments like last night is that not why we do it... 

1 hour ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

And yes, you're reading that right...I've had £440 of free bets from bet365 in the last year which Is why I rarely bet anywhere else.

Bet365 seem to have been quite generous (I know that they can afford to be) with their free bets recently.  My weekly bets only total on average £20-£25 per week depending on the amount of Sunday or midweek games but most weeks this is has been supplemented by one or two free £5 bets for the football and another one for the horses which I assume is an attempt to lure me in to betting on the gee-gees.

1 minute ago, 3 moffat buds said:

Bet365 seem to have been quite generous (I know that they can afford to be) with their free bets recently.  My weekly bets only total on average £20-£25 per week depending on the amount of Sunday or midweek games but most weeks this is has been supplemented by one or two free £5 bets for the football and another one for the horses which I assume is an attempt to lure me in to betting on the gee-gees.

You can bet it is 

Can anyone remember their first bet ? 

Funnily enough the first one I remember was a winning one {faraway is right :lol:}  

1969 Grand National Highland Wedding came in at a weird price 100/9...  I was still in primary school

I had forgot all about the race because me and about 6 pals had went to Love St to watch Saints play Celtic we were all singing Saints songs on the way to the game. without a penny between us.. took a while but we all got lifted over, 

Remember it like it was yesterday Celtic were winning 3-0 {that was the final score} my pals all jumped ship and started supporting Celtic I was raging... then someone with a tranny said Highland Wedding has won the National that's mine ya arseholes I'm rich I shouted  :lol:  Sweeties were rare where i came from back then but not that night 

To be fair to my friends one who I actually picked up at Glasgow Airport today for a long weekend stays in Windsor now.  none were really football fans and still aren't. even so none of them got any of my winnings for their cheek 

Edited by portmahomack saint

5 minutes ago, StanleySaint said:

Not a betting man myself, when my mate and I watch the FA Cup final we put the usual last scorer bets on to keep it interesting but I enjoy hearing all your good/bad luck stories, keep them coming!

Here's one for you 

Russell Knox got a last minute invite to the world golf championship in China after a player dropped out.. his golf clubs never arrived till just before he teed off... I stuck £20 ew on at 150/1 

he was one over par after about 7 holes in the first round with the leader about 6 under.. I thought what you doing ya clown so I cashed out for £22..  He then went on to win it  :1eye

And just to rub salt into my wounds I had stuck the £22 on Kevin Kisner on the nose... he came in 2nd..  I never got a penny..  your right not to gamble no wonder they say it's a mugs game  :lol:

2 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

Here's one for you 

Russell Knox got a last minute invite to the world golf championship in China after a player dropped out.. his golf clubs never arrived till just before he teed off... I stuck £20 ew on at 150/1 

he was one over par after about 7 holes in the first round with the leader about 6 under.. I thought what you doing ya clown so I cashed out for £22..  He then went on to win it  :1eye

And just to rub salt into my wounds I had stuck the £22 on Kevin Kisner on the nose... he came in 2nd..  I never got a penny..  your right not to gamble no wonder they say it's a mugs game  :lol:

Here's one, many years ago at the Cue Ball in Paisley Willie Thorn was playing a challenge match against a Scottish pro called Eddie Sinclair.

Thorn, know for his 147's won the first 2 or 3 frames, narrowly missing a 147 on the way.

THEN Eddie potted him off the table, winning 5-2(or3), hardly missed a ball. 

A few weeks after this Eddie was playing Kirk Stevens in the World Championship and was 10/1.

A snip as my Dad used to say.

Stevens won 10-1.

Fecking hopeless cnut, a tenner down the drain, a large amount of dough back then. 

55 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

Can anyone remember their first bet ? 

Funnily enough the first one I remember was a winning one {faraway is right :lol:}  

1969 Grand National Highland Wedding came in at a weird price 100/9...  I was still in primary school

I had forgot all about the race because me and about 6 pals had went to Love St to watch Saints play Celtic we were all singing Saints songs on the way to the game. without a penny between us.. took a while but we all got lifted over, 

Remember it like it was yesterday Celtic were winning 3-0 {that was the final score} my pals all jumped ship and started supporting Celtic I was raging... then someone with a tranny said Highland Wedding has won the National that's mine ya arseholes I'm rich I shouted  :lol:  Sweeties were rare where i came from back then but not that night 

To be fair to my friends one who I actually picked up at Glasgow Airport today for a long weekend stays in Windsor now.  none were really football fans and still aren't. even so none of them got any of my winnings for their cheek 

My first involvement with gambling came some time between 1969-71.  I didn’t have a bet but a classmate at Renfrew High gave me a couple of quid to bring my transistor into school so that he could listen to a midweek race.  He had a big bet on it - I vaguely remember something about £40 which I think would have been what he stood to win.  His brother was a bookie so it may have been a £40 bet with some jiggery pokerey going on ,