One Town, Which Team?

Lord Pityme

Making my one and only new topic in the exclude & abuse section of the forum.

I remember clearly in the BtB campaign when asked what would smisa members actually be consulted on, and the example given by our chairman was "things like giving the old firm the family stand, we wouldnt just do what happened for the last Rangers game".....

i guess given Smisa & the Chairman's M.O. Did we really expect, (like leaving ringfenced funds, ringfenced) they would actually do what they said..?

what will be some of our biggest games next season are now effectively off limits to families, children, the community. How many youngsters hopes of seeing Lewis Morgan at St Mirren park again have just been quashed?

who is looking forward to being completely encircled by bigot brothers before, during and after the game at St Mirren park? They will all be walking in and out the same way home fans do, smoke bombs, flares etc...

the short-sightedness of the chairman knows no bounds, can he actually think ahead other than where can I exploit our support in order to take, or make more money? Consider this very real possibility.... first home game of the season, the team get a guard of honour onto the pitch, the championship winners flag is unfurled...

cut to...

a stadium filled with old firm supporters, no families, kids there to be inspired to follow the team, big gaps in the West & Main stands as many just wont do OF games. What a complete and utter disgrace that will be, and all created by our Chairman, at the expense of current and future potential support.

So no Smisa consultation, even though there still is (Laugh Out Loud) a Smisa rep on the club board, despite being promised the members would be consulted. Other than having our ringfenced funds rifled, buying match balls and being told not to support the community... what is the point of Smisa now..? A thirty percent shareholder, that isnt even consulted on fundamental issues.

what we should really be doing IF we disagree, want to keep families & kids as part of the club, actually insist we have a say is to delay renewing season tickets until a full and proper consultation is had involving Smisa members, and all the support.

Stick to our guns, let the early bird offer pass, make them come back to us offering to stop it, compromise, consult... But how likely is that going to happen..?

Given we major in apathy, so what, shoulder shrugging, it is what it is, what can we do.. etc.. etc... I guess we will just rollover and let the club self harm itself to the point people just walk, give up, drift away.... thats the one thing we are good at, 'Not giving a f**k'....

I tell you what it will be a very brief stroll across and back, rather than a lap of honour for the board if we play an OF team on Championship flag unfurling day. And just when it was all going so well, on the up, genuine enthusiasm, connection, involvement across the support, and the town.

how the hell did they manage to kill it so quickly, before a ball is kicked???

so i will do my one man, non renewal of ST protest. No way I am being totally encircled before, during and after on matchdays (its for segregation reasons.. ha, ha, ha,). I wonder though, just wonder.. how many others will also just drift away..?

somebody should do something, thing is if your reading this..? Thats You..!

Or, the west and main stands are packed with our fans - we beat them and make a sh*t load of cash in the process

The following season - we're into the top 6 with our extra 2 good quality players bought from the funds brought in. We've also upgraded training facilities and well on the way to being fan owned within the 10 years set out when the journey first began. 5,500+ average home attendance, and we can justify giving them the away stand only...

Can't really argue with the OP with respect of the OF allocation. This is irresponsible as well as unjust. It might even affect the family stand ticket sales as those what should be target future supporters may be more than a little upset at being decanted for what may be 2 games with perhaps 500 people taking their stand. Do the maths even make sense? We may lose as many  supporters if folk follow the same logic as LPM.

I hope this is revisited and the club show the kind of loyalty they request/expect from us.

Totally agree with LPM on this one, its short term gain that could easily cost long term damage to our fan base,  personally I was looking to purchase 3 to 5 west stand season tickets first time since 2001, even though I cant make every home game.  simply a show of support for my club, that is now off table with this decision. it will be pay as you go now,, what annoys me most about this is that no attempt has been made to try and sell our seats to our own fans. I understand there is the financial side, but your own fans should always come first.  to capitulate to the old firm before a ball is kicked is no way to build on what we have achieved so far, surrounding your own fans with old firm fans will only mean one thing, less home fans turning up

Edited by portmahomack saint
a

3 hours ago, Doakes said:

Or, the west and main stands are packed with our fans - we beat them and make a sh*t load of cash in the process

The following season - we're into the top 6 with our extra 2 good quality players bought from the funds brought in. We've also upgraded training facilities and well on the way to being fan owned within the 10 years set out when the journey first began. 5,500+ average home attendance, and we can justify giving them the away stand only...

Have you seen hw many OF supporters take seats in the saints-only sections?

3 hours ago, Doakes said:

There is a middle ground here. 

Simply make e. g.  W1 a family section and sell out the West Stand and Main Stand with St Mirren season ticket holders. 

The South Stand is then used for tickets sold on a game by game basis to Saints Fans... Other than  the OFgames. 

Doesnt overcome all of the objections but is easy to administer.

Dies anyone have a view on the promise made during BtB that Smisa members would be consulted on exactly this issue, but as soon as it comes up, the club simply issue a dictact. No consultation just 'accept it, or piss off children/supporters of tomorrow"..

Will laugh my socks off if the club enter the "family club of the year" this season.

26 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Dies anyone have a view on the promise made during BtB that Smisa members would be consulted on exactly this issue, but as soon as it comes up, the club simply issue a dictact. No consultation just 'accept it, or piss off children/supporters of tomorrow"..

Will laugh my socks off if the club enter the "family club of the year" this season.

I'm in SMISA  L.P. if we can't fill the said stand then for me there is no problem giving it to the old firm. I want our club to move forward that can only be done with a financial footing there for its a no brainer. 

1 hour ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

I think the chairman made the right decision. A lot of season ticket holders with kids refuse to take them to old firm games because of the sectarianism. Therefore It makes more sense to give the them the south south stand than anywhere else.

So it makes sense to encourage more of the people that spew the sectarianism?

1 minute ago, BuddieinEK said:

Indeed...
Easier than facing up to the situation or, dare I suggest it, even addressing the situation!

I mentioned earlier about billing the bigots for removal of Ultras / Green Brigade stickers from seats. Can I also add that putting them into the South Stand could see the HoF panels there damaged. If there is any damage, maybe GLS could bill them for the damage, and add in a few hundred quid extra to actually update the fcuking things. Either that, or take the bank card he has for SMiSA and get his arse down to the cashline. Incidentally, GLS’ SMiSA bank card has three different pin numbers for added security.... 1877, 1888, and 1690.

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

I'm in SMISA  L.P. if we can't fill the said stand then for me there is no problem giving it to the old firm. I want our club to move forward that can only be done with a financial footing there for its a no brainer. 

That's the problem were not even trying to fill the seats, so were not taking the club forward were doing the opposite. and sending out the wrong message to our fans, if they are so desperate for the old firm coin put in temporary stands in the north corners or give them a section of the Main Stand it shouldn't be too difficult, the South Stand should stay as it is

59 minutes ago, DumboBud said:

So it makes sense to encourage more of the people that spew the sectarianism?

Of course because that's exactly what i said?:huh: No...the club are going to do it, Fact. So, if they feel the need to do it then the south stand is the one that makes the most sense.

3 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

That's the problem were not even trying to fill the seats, so were not taking the club forward were doing the opposite. and sending out the wrong message to our fans, if they are so desperate for the old firm coin put in temporary stands in the north corners or give them a section of the Main Stand it shouldn't be too difficult, the South Stand should stay as it is

Agreed.

Lack any ambition to me. 

14 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

I wonder how many fans would make these bold decisions about the OF games if they owned the club and were losing the club money?

It isn’t losing money, I would rather say it would be not taking an opportunity to grab some extra money. Clearly, no-one is saying that selling out 2 stands to the uglies won’t rake in extra cash, but for what it bings in, is it really worth it?

I have no idea how much my ST will be, will there be a discount, early bird deal, or whatever. Before the BoD have even ATTEMPTED to bolster home numbers by tapping into the undeniable feelgood factor, they’ve told us the gruesomes will be getting two stands. They have also told South Standers their getting shunted for the bigot dollar. Where are their priorities? Where is this ‘proactive’ BoD replacing the old ‘tired and out of ideas’ BoD?

So far, the OF boaby has been stroked, on top of dipping into supporters own funds ring fenced for share purchase to part-fund a non-urgent project that can (and should IMHO) be funded elsewhere.

As the Who said, meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

Edited by pozbaird

7 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

I wonder how many fans would make these bold decisions about the OF games if they owned the club and were losing the club money?

Will the club lose more money, and inflict greater self-harm by people not seeing the worth in renewing season tickets that arent valid for the whole season, and either going on a match by basis, or just drifting away because the club arent their for families and children?

Poz, i'm all for having no OF fans at all. I won't be visiting their cesspits because 3 years away hasn't made me lose my memory. I too would rather the BOD made a stand but i'm a realist...they won't and therefore i'd rather make money out of them which is what the club has decided to do.

9 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Will the club lose more money, and inflict greater self-harm by people not seeing the worth in renewing season tickets that arent valid for the whole season, and either going on a match by basis, or just drifting away because the club arent their for families and children?

I think a lot of those who go to the south stand would choose to miss the OF games because of their vile sectarian chants and i would hope the reduced price of the ST would reflect this. We must keep the West Stand home fans because it where the most atmosphere is generated. Will it put families off renewing? I seriously doubt it but i can't look into the future.

Edited by proudtobeabuddy

In all probability... No. 

I am affected.

My season ticket is in the family stand.

I will still buy two and take my medicine.

I have stated my dissatisfaction, but ultimately the choice is mine.

The offer is clearly stated before the sale is made.

I wonder how much the previous rangers situation influenced the quick decision.

In that case, they broke the transactional agreement with south stand season ticket holders at short notice. I still feel we were betrayed at that time.

But not so this time.

The club is being up front with its intentions.

I just wish with all my heart that even a modicum of effort had been made to increase the home support first.

I can assure you that if Fergie was a young gaffer just now, this situation would not have been allowed. He would personally have dragged people off the street and dressed them in black and white.

This season is the first time since the days of Sir Alex that I have genuinely felt the unity and passion shared by fans and team.

WHY OH WHY ARE WE NOT EVEN TRYING TO HARNESS IT AND BUILD ON IT?

That is my beef!