One Town, Which Team?

Lord Pityme

15 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

In all probability... No. 

I am affected.

My season ticket is in the family stand.

I will still buy two and take my medicine.

I have stated my dissatisfaction, but ultimately the choice is mine.

The offer is clearly stated before the sale is made.

I wonder how much the previous rangers situation influenced the quick decision.

In that case, they broke the transactional agreement with south stand season ticket holders at short notice. I still feel we were betrayed at that time.

But not so this time.

The club is being up front with its intentions.

I just wish with all my heart that even a modicum of effort had been made to increase the home support first.

I can assure you that if Fergie was a young gaffer just now, this situation would not have been allowed. He would personally have dragged people off the street and dressed them in black and white.

This season is the first time since the days of Sir Alex that I have genuinely felt the unity and passion shared by fans and team.

WHY OH WHY ARE WE NOT EVEN TRYING TO HARNESS IT AND BUILD ON IT?

That is my beef!

My main beef is yet again here is an example of how we were lied to during BtB!

the chairman couldnt have been clearer, this is the very situation where Smisa members would have been consulted with before any decisions. Now we see that was all just waffle to get his feet under the bosrdroom table. Poor form again and likely more to come.

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Whit, and ruin all the imbeciles fun that say I don't go? :lol:

I'd rather have a week in Tenerife thanks. :byebye

I doubt the good people of Tenerife will agree with you :rolleyes:

9 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Making my one and only new topic in the exclude & abuse section of the forum.

I remember clearly in the BtB campaign when asked what would smisa members actually be consulted on, and the example given by our chairman was "things like giving the old firm the family stand, we wouldnt just do what happened for the last Rangers game".....

i guess given Smisa & the Chairman's M.O. Did we really expect, (like leaving ringfenced funds, ringfenced) they would actually do what they said..?

what will be some of our biggest games next season are now effectively off limits to families, children, the community. How many youngsters hopes of seeing Lewis Morgan at St Mirren park again have just been quashed?

who is looking forward to being completely encircled by bigot brothers before, during and after the game at St Mirren park? They will all be walking in and out the same way home fans do, smoke bombs, flares etc...

the short-sightedness of the chairman knows no bounds, can he actually think ahead other than where can I exploit our support in order to take, or make more money? Consider this very real possibility.... first home game of the season, the team get a guard of honour onto the pitch, the championship winners flag is unfurled...

cut to...

a stadium filled with old firm supporters, no families, kids there to be inspired to follow the team, big gaps in the West & Main stands as many just wont do OF games. What a complete and utter disgrace that will be, and all created by our Chairman, at the expense of current and future potential support.

So no Smisa consultation, even though there still is (Laugh Out Loud) a Smisa rep on the club board, despite being promised the members would be consulted. Other than having our ringfenced funds rifled, buying match balls and being told not to support the community... what is the point of Smisa now..? A thirty percent shareholder, that isnt even consulted on fundamental issues.

what we should really be doing IF we disagree, want to keep families & kids as part of the club, actually insist we have a say is to delay renewing season tickets until a full and proper consultation is had involving Smisa members, and all the support.

Stick to our guns, let the early bird offer pass, make them come back to us offering to stop it, compromise, consult... But how likely is that going to happen..?

Given we major in apathy, so what, shoulder shrugging, it is what it is, what can we do.. etc.. etc... I guess we will just rollover and let the club self harm itself to the point people just walk, give up, drift away.... thats the one thing we are good at, 'Not giving a f**k'....

I tell you what it will be a very brief stroll across and back, rather than a lap of honour for the board if we play an OF team on Championship flag unfurling day. And just when it was all going so well, on the up, genuine enthusiasm, connection, involvement across the support, and the town.

how the hell did they manage to kill it so quickly, before a ball is kicked???

so i will do my one man, non renewal of ST protest. No way I am being totally encircled before, during and after on matchdays (its for segregation reasons.. ha, ha, ha,). I wonder though, just wonder.. how many others will also just drift away..?

somebody should do something, thing is if your reading this..? Thats You..!

Can you do us all a favour along with not renewing your season ticket? Can you not renew your broadband contract and give us all peace from your self righteous nonsense on here. 

Yet again a post where you assume your view masks the majority of St Mirren fans when evidence suggests it clearly doesn’t. Most fans realise this is a necessary evil to give us the best chance to survive in the top flight. 

I’d also wager that would be the outcome of any ‘SMISA consultation’ as well. By consultation, you’ve heard membership vote. Who’s to say the SMISA committee have not been consulted? 

14 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Most fans realise this is a necessary evil to give us the best chance to survive in the top flight. 

Is that right. In the same post where you accuse LPM of assuming his view masks that of most other fans. In actual fact, in the same paragraph, back-to-back sentences no less. 

The only thing missing recently is REA posting and ripping you to shreds (garzo performed the role recently), but hey, you’re doing a good enough job of ripping yourself a new arsehole with every post.

Edited by pozbaird

4 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Can you do us all a favour along with not renewing your season ticket? Can you not renew your broadband contract and give us all peace from your self righteous nonsense on here. 

Yet again a post where you assume your view masks the majority of St Mirren fans when evidence suggests it clearly doesn’t. Most fans realise this is a necessary evil to give us the best chance to survive in the top flight. 

I’d also wager that would be the outcome of any ‘SMISA consultation’ as well. By consultation, you’ve heard membership vote. Who’s to say the SMISA committee have not been consulted? 

Why do you assume it's "all" of us? :lol:

3 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

For crying out loud havent you committee bods got stuff to do? 

You contradict your self at every turn by saying "you dont know what the majority wants" then saying "most fans realise".... you know none of your posts make sense, and as far as i can see no one chimes in to say " that Basil... he knows his onions"

13 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Is that right. In the same post where you accuse LPM of assuming his view masks that of most other fans. In actual fact, in the same paragraph, back-to-back sentences no less. 

The only thing missing recently is REA posting and ripping you to shreds (garzo performed the role recently), but hey, you’re doing a good enough job of ripping yourself a new arsehole with every post.

Haha you’re very funny. Was Garzo the one still posting about the defunct FSA and saying that the ‘£50k was to be spent at the boards discretion’ 

if you look at the response on social media and general messages from most St Mirren fans, I think you’ll find my view is a lot more evidence backed than yours... not unlike 88% of voting members agreeing with the recent £50k spend... cough. 

14 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

For crying out loud havent you committee bods got stuff to do? 

You contradict your self at every turn by saying "you dont know what the majority wants" then saying "most fans realise".... you know none of your posts make sense, and as far as i can see no one chimes in to say " that Basil... he knows his onions"

Still going with the committee punch line eh? Even though it shows you haven’t done as much research as you claim if you really believe all I’ve said has to be insider knowledge. Interesting. 

As I said before, although we obviously can’t know for sure, the evidence massively backs up that you’re in a minority here. As usual. 

am trying to keep up hear,but shouldn't club wait and see how many season books they get for family stand before making this decision?so even if we full the family stand before season starts,we are going to move all parents and children??totally stinks,even if don't come to old scum game,they have paid for seat,so there choice,less support the bigots get,less chance o beaten us,big bigot support bigger chance beaten us,so a think,tell them to feck off

19 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

You do know this Basil has most likely got eff all to do with St Mirren and just gets a boner out of people responding to him?

Says the guy that clearly hates St Mirren and has nothing but negativity for the club? 

Well it was fun, just thought I’d come in to see if my thoughts on the negative BTB crowd would transpire over to the ticket debate. Looks like it clearly has in some cases. 

I would say for the negative crowd to have a wee look in the mirror in regards to your downbeat consistency with everything St Mirren related but let’s be honest, it would be like p*ssing in the wind :D 

8 minutes ago, Abu Dhabi Saints said:

Hi Bazil, having read some of the posts I don't understand why people who question, although there looks like a relentless approach from some, are seen as negative?

What world do you live in where any person who challenges a decision is seen as negative?

I have come across people like you in my career and they, eventually, lose the respect of their fellow workers.

You are equally as relentless in your undying support which I find worrying as you don't seem to be able to appreciate the whole debate and even begin to see some of the points made by other well meaning supporters.

If it was the odd thing, but the people I’m referring to are never happy with anything St Mirren related. They thrive on the board making a tough decision or paying SMISA members voting against them because it gives them the fuel they crave to respond in the most negative way possible. 

3 minutes ago, Abu Dhabi Saints said:

No, your wrong, there are a few who fit your description but not all.

There are quite a few, admittedly forum members, who present a very decent view and in a constructive manner, as you do at times.

Your tendency to deride anybody who questions, as I said in my previous post. detracts from your attempts to defend, no matter what, anything the club suggest. 

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, sometimes there is no right or wrong, just different views.

I agree some seem to have an equally single minded view as yourself but there needs to be people who challenge and question or people can become dictators. 

Anyway, I didn't intend to get into any long winded debate as this type of thing seems to go in never decreasing circles.

Just wanted to try to open things up, although I doubt you or others will deviate from your view. 

Agree it’s not ‘all’ only a few but they are a vocal few. 

I do have my opinions as you say and as everyone else does. I try to keep them as positive as possible in regards to SMFC and that’s all I’m simply pointing out. You get the few members that’s opinions are consistently negative, regardless of what subject comes up with our great club. 

Agree with you of course, these things do unfortunately end up going in repetitive circles. I’m one of the worst for it but i’ll Say this. I will defend my football club to the hilt against ‘fans’ claiming they engage in illegal activity. That includes claims against SMISA