One Town, Which Team?

Lord Pityme

This thread is hurting my head. We've just been promoted, everything is going well. Gordon made a decision, as chairman, which he's perfectly entitled to do until the buds are bought.

I don't think the sun shines our Gordon's arse, far from it, but he's not lied to anyone here. Chill the f**k out

40 minutes ago, DumboBud said:

So to summarise the positions 

Bazil85: If we chuck the kids out of the family stand we will reach top six have 4 games at home against the OF. They will have both stands, which will all sell out with full price tickets, they will all buy a pie and a coke and park their cars in the car park, TV will take all the games and despite not being required to will pay us extra, the VAT man decides he doesn’t want his cut and we can all celebrate European football next season. 

Mine: Won’t somebody think of the children!

ok I may have exaggerated Bazil85 position slightly but there is little point in using reason anymore. 

Hopefully we can move forward and the next bright idea coming out of the Boardroom is a good one that takes a long term view that we can all get behind. 

I’ve told you a million times, don’t exaggerate... 

yeah let’s see what happens and just agree we’ll have fans in that stand and in others that look at it from different perspectives. 

Easy to focus on the negatives (clearly) but sometimes we have to just move on. 

41 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

Many times, on player performance and on the matchday thread.

Jeez, you really have it bad, you could just stop.  I think it might be good for you.  You are just so... well, personal about the whole thing. 

Happy to move on but would love to know where you got the ‘personal’ from. Every one of my posts has been directed at his negativity on here, nothing personal, nothing hurtful. Unless he’s very easily offended. 

1 hour ago, cockles1987 said:

So your in short reply was the answer. Glad you've now clarified the misinformation you were originally peddling.

I don't think anyone myself included would be happy to be lied to.

Now it could be peddled that GLS had said he'd consult the fans about moving seats after they had bought their season tickets like that had happened before. Rather than giving said fans all the facts before they spent there hard earned cash. But that's up to every individuals own interpretation. emoji106.png

But Scott never stated he would consult before or after. He ckearly stated he would consult without equivocation. And now he has demonstrated that you cannot believe what he says. Jeez i know people want to kiss the ground he walks on, but ffs wake up and smell the BS. 

For the avoidance of doubt... and stark, staring mad denial..!

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/14537132.Interview__Gordon_Scott__the_man_who_would_be_St_Mirren__39_s_Ann_Budge/

i wonder if the author if the piece will be doing a follow up to nail Scott on the huge fundamental lie he promised he wouldnt do? Oh hang on, The author is on the Smisa committee now... how convenient. 

Edited by Lord Pityme

The main thing I take from the herald piece is "Scott is yet to reveal his masterplan but insists at the heart of any decision-making will be the supporters’ best interests."

Cannot see where he has broken that, plus unlike Rangers trotting out gimmick after gimmick to get fans to buy season tickets Saints have been open and honest about the plans for seating to give our team the best possible chance of competing at the level we all hope they can.

So far from nailing Scott how about instead we applaud him and everyone at Saints for taking us from the brink of the 1st division to Champions of the championship in just over a season.

If his and his cohorts decisions keep on as they are doing its a very good time to be a Bud, many of us have been here for the many many downs with several amazing but short lived ups.

SS

I ask myself this question. Where would we be at present if we didn't have GLS and SMISA? 

Whatever "improvements " we might individually like to see... Surely we can agree that we are in a better place than we might be without them. 

There`s no doubt the fans opinion should have been heard on a decision like this that`s what I thought I was buying into in smisa,  ultimately the board would have the final say, My biggest gripe is no attempt has been made to try and capitalise on the good feel factor of last season and sell these seats to our own fans and keep the old firm hoards to one end of the stadium,

I know history has shown some of our fans will give these games a body swerve, understandably some will just leave the kids at home. so to invite WERE UP TO OUR KNEES IN ******** BLOOD BRIGADE ETC ETC to the family stand will in my mind stop more of our fans from attending, 

Inevitably after feedback and ticket sales this is decision the board would have to make, but how much better would it have been if fans in all stands were giving targets to buy up season tickets. and were giving the chance to make the environment at Greenhill Road the one we all want it to be

1 hour ago, cockles1987 said:

So he said.

Things like league reconstruction or going back to the Rangers situation in 2012 – these are the things that supporters will get to vote on.

And

You look at the Rangers game [at the end of the season when St Mirren gave an additional stand to the Ibrox support]. The right thing would have been to go to the fans and say “we can make X amount of money but we’ll need to move a group of fans, what do you think?

So as I wrote. Not like the current situation where fans had paid up front.

The fans now know clearly what is proposed and the costs. With many having said they wouldn't be taking there kid's to a game involving two of the glasgow clubs and likewise that many have done in the past.

Good luck with your takeover revolution. emoji23.png

Yeah as the big lar said "the right thing would have been to go to the fans" and he totally ignored them. What cant talk (unlike Scott) can't lie..!

On 5/9/2018 at 12:46 PM, Doakes said:

This thread is hurting my head. We've just been promoted, everything is going well. Gordon made a decision, as chairman, which he's perfectly entitled to do until the buds are bought.

I don't think the sun shines our Gordon's arse, far from it, but he's not lied to anyone here. Chill the f**k out

Spot on!

• 2 years later...
On 5/5/2018 at 12:52 PM, St.Ricky said:

There is a middle ground here. 

Simply make e. g.  W1 a family section and sell out the West Stand and Main Stand with St Mirren season ticket holders. 

The South Stand is then used for tickets sold on a game by game basis to Saints Fans... Other than  the OFgames. 

Doesnt overcome all of the objections but is easy to administer.

Can only repeat this.