NEW SIGNINGS !

Sweeper07

Sorry if I got your hopes up - but now that the season is over - boy do we need to sign some players - what else is there for St. Mirren  fans to get excited about (To do with the Saints)

What's happening with Davis, Mac, Smith and Reilly ????

When's the first few super new signings coming to our new look team?   ... (Bigger, stronger, more grown up, for the big league)

8 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Sorry if I got your hopes up - but now that the season is over - boy do we need to sign some players - what else is there for St. Mirren  fans to get excited about (To do with the Saints)

When's the first few super new signings coming to our new look team?   ... (Bigger, stronger, more grown up, for the big league)

Good choice of topic for a thread Sweeper..... Waiting with bated breath. 

7 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

Davis, Mac and Reilly must be in talks for a new contract as we've already announced which players would be on their way out. Perhaps other clubs have offered PCA's which has left them thinking over what to do next.

Which Smith do you mean? I'm under the belief Cammy has another year left with us. I'd be delighted if we got Liam back.

8 hours ago, TediousTom said:

It would appear not, appear not indeed

As the Saint says - I am hoping to hear about confirmed signings,.

We might get some almost confirmed signings (Like the Hippo recently) from those truly ITK but we don't need speculation in this thread.  There is another one for that..

2 hours ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Davis, Mac and Reilly must be in talks for a new contract as we've already announced which players would be on their way out. Perhaps other clubs have offered PCA's which has left them thinking over what to do next.

Which Smith do you mean? I'm under the belief Cammy has another year left with us. I'd be delighted if we got Liam back.

Yes I mean Liam - Jack clearly rates him and I am not sure how many games he will get if he stays at Hearts...

The longer it takes for the others listed, the higher the chance that we need to find replacements in order to finalise the squad early enough to get a near full squad together with enough time to work with them and be ready for the kick-off in early August... (We need 10 players in plus the above 3 or 4 - some stand out stars, some competing for the jerseys)

2 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

My crystal ball has some Saints players away on holiday with an offer to think about. Factual is Ross said it would be after the play off's before he knows if he can sign who he wants. Premiership season not yet finished.

Suggests we could be interested in Utd/Livi/Ross County/Thistle players. I wonder who. Naismith and Kelly from Dingwall would be welcome back, not many from Utd, Halkett and Mullin from Livi would be decent, not many from Thistle at first glance.

25 minutes ago, Soctty said:

Suggests we could be interested in Utd/Livi/Ross County/Thistle players. I wonder who. Naismith and Kelly from Dingwall would be welcome back, not many from Utd, Halkett and Mullin from Livi would be decent, not many from Thistle at first glance.

Always defended this pair who received a lot of unmerited flak during the Craig/Teale/Murray/Rae nightmare but this looks like being be the second relegation they've been involved in - to misquote Oscar Wilde................

“To be relegated once  may be regarded as a misfortune; twice may be a reflection on ability.”

Edited by Bud the Baker

Just now, St.Ricky said:

New Signings are facts not speculation Sonny.

What new signings have been posted Ricky? Every post so far is speculation and every new signing gets their own thread so no need for a group thread on speculation in the wrong forum.

Edited by Sonny

2 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

Yes I mean Liam - Jack clearly rates him and I am not sure how many games he will get if he stays at Hearts...

The longer it takes for the others listed, the higher the chance that we need to find replacements in order to finalise the squad early enough to get a near full squad together with enough time to work with them and be ready for the kick-off in early August... (We need 10 players in plus the above 3 or 4 - some stand out stars, some competing for the jerseys)

Ideally it would be brilliant if we had the squad set in place in July (minus 2 or 3 as it's an early time) when the League Cup starts. 4 games with meaning that could help the new guys get to grips with Jack's tactics, and it would be great to get at least one decent cup run in this season. Get through the groups and you are only four wins from the trophy.

17 minutes ago, Sonny said:

What new signings have been posted Ricky? Every post so far is speculation and every new signing gets their own thread so no need for a group thread on speculation in the wrong forum.

Sonny.... I don't disagree but the thread was started to be a place to discuss signings made. 

24 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Always defended this pair who received a lot of unmerited flak during the Craig/Teale/Murray/Rae nightmare but this looks like being be the second relegation they've been involved in - to misquote Oscar Wilde................

I get what you are saying here but I think it's a bit harsh. Tommy Craig was always destined to be an absolute disaster and Sean and Jason were stuck in a complete embarrassment of a team. Relegation with County could well happen but again these are two guys in a team of 11. Is it the managers tactics letting them down? Are their teammates lacking in quality? Or is it them themselves? Or is one of them not playing well enough and the other is? There are many factors that come into place here. 

35 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

I'd have them in my squad and probably my team without hesitation. Both good academy graduates - relegation is a team matter, including managers - they've served under 5 managers in their two relegation seasons. Never helpful for any team to chop and change managers.

Naismith in particular has impressed for County this season individually.

Edited by Soctty

58 minutes ago, Soctty said:

I'd heard there was interest from the English Championship in Naisy. I thought Kelly was decent going forward,  though a bit suspect at chasing back. With all due respect, we have had better left-backs since his departure, including Eckersley.

I would imagine at least some sort of signing news this week whether it's one of our own out of contract players re-signing or someone inbound.

33 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Sonny.... I don't disagree but the thread was started to be a place to discuss signings made. 

Did not realise we had signed Naismith, Kelly, Halkett, Smith, Mullin, Reilly, Davis or McKenzie (to quote the facts from above). Oh wait. These are not  facts. It is speculation.

4 hours ago, uhura said:

Rooney from Aberdeen. According to a post on the Aberdeen fans’ forum. 

He came on as a very late sub for Aberdeen last night and I wondered if he could do a job for us, as he seems to have been out of favour for much of the season.

His wages might be a stumbling block though.

As the Saint says - I am hoping to hear about confirmed signings,.
We might get some almost confirmed signings (Like the Hippo recently) from those truly ITK but we don't need speculation in this thread.  There is another one for that..
Erm so what is anyone meant to talk about just now?