NEW SIGNINGS !

Sweeper07

Did not realise we had signed Naismith, Kelly, Halkett, Smith, Mullin, Reilly, Davis or McKenzie (to quote the facts from above). Oh wait. These are not  facts. It is speculation.
Can we now talk about McKenzie? Oh there is a Mckenzie thread for that. So what we actually talking about in this thread? Speculating about facts?

1 minute ago, Hambud said:
6 hours ago, Sonny said:
Did not realise we had signed Naismith, Kelly, Halkett, Smith, Mullin, Reilly, Davis or McKenzie (to quote the facts from above). Oh wait. These are not  facts. It is speculation.

Can we now talk about McKenzie? Oh there is a Mckenzie thread for that. So what we actually talking about in this thread? Speculating about facts?

f**k knows. And there is a thread on MacKenzie like there is for every player that is signed.

f**k knows. And there is a thread on MacKenzie like there is for every player that is signed.
It's too much for me this wild thread starting.

It's a bit like the end of the night when everyone has had a bit much swally and not listening to each other while they just shout their sentence at their pal.

Having looked around the forum Sonny I can see why you are slightly annoyed.
Why don't you start a thread on.....................Players Who We Wont Sign? 

We already have one (although that wont stop anyone starting another) - it’s called the Speculation thread. :)

1 hour ago, Hambud said:
7 hours ago, uhura said:
Rooney from Aberdeen. According to a post on the Aberdeen fans’ forum. 

Fact or speculation?

There's a post in relation to Rooney - Fact.

We are signing Rooney - Speculation.

:whistle

4 hours ago, Hambud said:
14 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:
As the Saint says - I am hoping to hear about confirmed signings,.
We might get some almost confirmed signings (Like the Hippo recently) from those truly ITK but we don't need speculation in this thread.  There is another one for that..

Erm so what is anyone meant to talk about just now?

Were we to sign Rooney.. just saying... I would post to say that I think that is a good signing. 

22 hours ago, Hambud said:
On ‎09‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 8:52 AM, Sweeper07 said:
As the Saint says - I am hoping to hear about confirmed signings,.
We might get some almost confirmed signings (Like the Hippo recently) from those truly ITK but we don't need speculation in this thread.  There is another one for that..

Erm so what is anyone meant to talk about just now?

In THIS THREAD - Surely the stuff that is actually about to break or has just broken?  All in one place in stead of searching through a dozen or more different threads, which the same folk all write into...

Is that not a decent idea???  

so what is anyone meant to talk about just now...

Talk about everything else you want to elsewhere... (Speculation etc.)

I see this as a kind of "the squad being built (factually) for next Season Thread" - we need a squad

Hey Ho - but there are plenty of posters who are quick to attack this ... perhaps for them it is more fun reading 20 threads for the same information, then trying to remember which one they read what in?

Edited by Sweeper07

3 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

In THIS THREAD - Surely the stuff that is actually about to break or has just broken?  All in one place in stead of searching through a dozen or more different threads, which the same folk all write into...

Is that not a decent idea???  

so what is anyone meant to talk about just now...

Talk about everything else you want to elsewhere... (Speculation etc.)

I see this as a kind of "the squad being built (factually) for next Season Thread" - we need a squad

Hey Ho - but there are plenty of posters who are quick to attack this ... perhaps for them it is more fun reading 20 threads for the same information, then trying to remember which one they read what in?

In the Rumour Mill we have a pinned Speculation Thread - top of the page and easy to find. In it folk post their fantasies or suggestions ie there is no substance to the imminent signing of any name mentioned.  Pure speculation. Thread has worked well for years.

If anyone does find a credible reference to the possible signing of a player or is 'in the know'  then they start a thread on that player in the Rumour Mill  eg Ikpeazu who we were interested in but he signed for Hearts.  If the signing is confirmed a thread starts in General St Mirren Discussion and is then referenced while the player remains with us.

But if you find that having a thread called 'New Signings' in the Rumour Mill that has no references to new signings but only has speculation as its content  - the one signing we have had so far was not even mentioned! -  then go ahead if you find it easier. I'll stick with what works.

25 minutes ago, Sonny said:

In the Rumour Mill we have a pinned Speculation Thread - top of the page and easy to find. In it folk post their fantasies or suggestions ie there is no substance to the imminent signing of any name mentioned.  Pure speculation. Thread has worked well for years.

If anyone does find a credible reference to the possible signing of a player or is 'in the know'  then they start a thread on that player in the Rumour Mill  eg Ikpeazu who we were interested in but he signed for Hearts.  If the signing is confirmed a thread starts in General St Mirren Discussion and is then referenced while the player remains with us.

But if you find that having a thread called 'New Signings' in the Rumour Mill that has no references to new signings but only has speculation as its content  (surely the contributors are to blame for this?) - the one signing we have had so far was not even mentioned! (Samson signing was notified before I started the thread)-  then go ahead if you find it easier. I'll stick with what works.

I understand what you are saying - and my new thread probably does not fully belong in the Rumour section (though there is a bit of logic putting it there) :-

1. Because that is where most people go to see who we might, or other go to see who we have signed before it goes in the General News section.  

2. Folk put their rumours and other things in other threads under General News and in other places too. (Again one place would be better)

3. So if all the rumour stuff is in the Rumour Section (That would be great) and there was one thread for the squad being built for next season I would be delighted. (I think some others might be too) I also think the main problem is that a lot of people add in stuff in the wrong threads - but that is what goes on in forums like ours)

I guess many people don't like change or are happy to work with things without trying new possibilities... some say "don't try to fix what ain't broken", while others say "doing things the way we have aye done it is not a option for success". 

Nevertheless - we are both on the same side and shouting for the same team... COYS

16 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

But if you find that having a thread called 'New Signings' in the Rumour Mill that has no references to new signings but only has speculation as its content  (surely the contributors are to blame for this?) - the one signing we have had so far was not even mentioned! (Samson signing was notified before I started the thread)-  then go ahead if you find it easier. I'll stick with what works.

I was referring to Gary MacKenzie who signed after this thread started.

'surely the contributors are to blame for this'  is because we already have a Speculation Thread and a Rumour Mill for individual players but then you start a New Signings thread and have a Summer Transfer Window thread. No wonder information is now all over the place and posters are confused.. 

9 hours ago, Sonny said:

I was referring to Gary MacKenzie who signed after this thread started.

'surely the contributors are to blame for this'  is because we already have a Speculation Thread and a Rumour Mill for individual players but then you start a New Signings thread and have a Summer Transfer Window thread. No wonder information is now all over the place and posters are confused.. 

OK so posters are confused in this thread - so what about all the other threads they post in with stuff that should according to you fit in the areas you want them to post in???

We don't all work the same way... everybody does things the way they want... in this and every other thread.. but hey ho - you do it your way cause you will - if this thread is no good for you - then don't join in to it and go to the right places according to the way you work - meantime others will do what they do... and we all can be critical or supportive - our choice

1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

OK so posters are confused in this thread - so what about all the other threads they post in with stuff that should according to you fit in the areas you want them to post in???

We don't all work the same way... everybody does things the way they want... in this and every other thread.. but hey ho - you do it your way cause you will - if this thread is no good for you - then don't join in to it and go to the right places according to the way you work - meantime others will do what they do... and we all can be critical or supportive - our choice

Agree.... each one of us has a different approach... Great... Join in OR don't. Each of us are capable of making that choice. 

Would love to see more confirmed signings showcased in here. 

So the Squad for next season so far, as listed on the official website  is this  :-

Samson and Stewart    for GK

MacKenzie, Eckersley and Baird     for Defence

McGinn, Magennis, Flynn,          McShane and Kirkpatrick (possibly out on loan again)          in Midfield

Mullen,   Hypolyte,    C Smith,  Reilly (if he signs contract offer)       Stewart (possibly away on loan again)           as  Forwards

(15 players above)   If even 2 go out on loan, I think we need at least 11 more

Whether Ross stays or goes - we don't look so strong with what is currently in place - time for decisive and bold action - 

11 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

So the Squad for next season so far, as listed on the official website  is this  :-

McGinn, Magennis, Flynn,          McShane and Kirkpatrick (possibly out on loan again)          in Midfield

Mullen,   Hypolyte,    C Smith,  Reilly (if he signs contract offer)       Stewart (possibly away on loan again)           as  Forwards

(15 players above)   If even 2 go out on loan, I think we need at least 11 more

Whether Ross stays or goes - we don't look so strong with what is currently in place - time for decisive and bold action - 

Add MacPherson

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Looks like Paul McGinn    (Looks Likely)       is on his way. Good first signing. Premiership experience and only 27 ... Sources.. Div and Daily Record 

Wer'e on our way. 

McGinn, Magennis, Flynn,  Kellerman         McShane and Kirkpatrick (possibly out on loan again)          in Midfield

(16 players above)   If even 2 go out on loan, I think we need at least 11 more

Finally the ball is starting to roll - ok lots of background work is beginning to come to fruition