Ipswich Town - Permission to Speak with Jack Ross

1 minute ago, DougJamie said:

Now that would be a good job for him....................... I am expecting and prepared for him to leave this summer......... Look at Neil at Norwich and got them up....................

If offered its a no brainer

Unfortunately, I agree. A stable club with a good pedigree. If offered, it would be hard to turn down. Ipswich are no Barnsley or Charlton.

Said before that Ipswich would be a good fit for Ross or any up and coming manager. Seem to be a fairly stable club, he'll be given time that he probably wouldn't get at most other Championship clubs and they have a lot of potential.

Worrying times for us as you'd imagine they wouldn't ask to speak to him if they hadn't had an indication he'd at least be interested in hearing what they had to say.

While I'd obviously be disappointed if he left, I said a few months ago that if he got us promoted and then left in the summer he would go with my best wishes because of the incredible job he has done. Fingers crossed it doesn't come to that.

What Jack did has been recognized with him getting manager of the year in Scotland.

Also Tony telling the world, Saints are Scotland Leicester, now aiming at Top 4, crowds up. Money in Bank and great signings does make bigger clubs listen. Neil was on 250k at Norwich when he started , moving up to 1m . Jack needs to think of Jack............. his career , his family.....

Mr Goodwin- Get ready for a call

And if Jack does leave, he does with my best wishes and thanks for the last 18 months which have been utterly superb

4 minutes ago, Stu said:

Said before that Ipswich would be a good fit for Ross or any up and coming manager. Seem to be a fairly stable club, he'll be given time that he probably wouldn't get at most other Championship clubs and they have a lot of potential.

Worrying times for us as you'd imagine they wouldn't ask to speak to him if they hadn't had an indication he'd at least be interested in hearing what they had to say.

While I'd obviously be disappointed if he left, I said a few months ago that if he got us promoted and then left in the summer he would go with my best wishes because of the incredible job he has done. Fingers crossed it doesn't come to that.

Aye, pretty much this.

Who would grudge the man a gig like this.

If asked, I suspect most of us would reluctantly concede that there is every chance that Jack won't be here come the start of next season. If that's the case, then he goes with my gratitude and best wishes.

It is what it is, and we'll just have to hope that, if indeed he does move on, the BoD can find someone with even a fighting chance of filling the man's shoes.

4 minutes ago, Saint Garf said:

Ipswich have a director of football at the moment. From listening to Jack's previous interviews, I'd think this could be a major issue for him. 

Hi, Ipswich fan here. Just took note of this comment, whilst Dave Bowman is technically classed as 'DoF', he actually isn't, he's our Chief Scout (we had to give him DoF title as we already had a Chief Scout in place when he teamed up with Mick - our Chief Scout subsequently left after that).

Dave Bowman will be leaving us shortly anyway (will follow Mick wherever he goes), so I don't think Ross would be working under a DoF here.

Cheers.

4 minutes ago, ITFCBlue said:

Hi, Ipswich fan here. Just took note of this comment, whilst Dave Bowman is technically classed as 'DoF', he actually isn't, he's our Chief Scout (we had to give him DoF title as we already had a Chief Scout in place when he teamed up with Mick - our Chief Scout subsequently left after that).

Dave Bowman will be leaving us shortly anyway (will follow Mick wherever he goes), so I don't think Ross would be working under a DoF here.

Cheers.

Thanks ITFCBLUE

6 minutes ago, Drew said:

Aye, pretty much this.

Who would grudge the man a gig like this.

If asked, I suspect most of us would reluctantly concede that there is every chance that Jack won't be here come the start of next season. If that's the case, then he goes with my gratitude and best wishes.

It is what it is, and we'll just have to hope that, if indeed he does move on, the BoD can find someone with even a fighting chance of filling the man's shoes.

Spot on Drew

if jack wants to challenge

why not go to the   TON  and see if he is as good as everyone thinks he is ONLY JOKING 

there must be a clause in his contract every job in england i can speak to them

but there will come a time when we the fans will have enough off this ,every  2 min hes talking to some one 

we need him now to say i m staying and  building a new team ,

SHOW SOME LOYALTY

This is becoming a bit wearisome .

It seems that every 2 months or so, some bigger club than us (and there are plenty of them) makes an approach to speak to our manager. Perhaps the Guinness Book of Records is about to be broken for the number of approaches made for a manager within 12 months.

I was one of the first on this forum to support Jack's appointment and he has done a tremendous job over the past 18 months or so. He is indisputably our best manager since Sir Alex.

However, enough is enough - we can't go on like this indefinitely and we won't!

That is the nature of football management these days I am afraid.

The king is dead - long live the king.

Dave Hopkins perhaps?

2 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I would say he is supported by 100% of the Fans here in my opinion.

I'd say he'd get the vast majority of our support as well, given most Town fans would like to see an 'up and coming' manager, rather than your run of the mill type of guys (McCarthy and Jewell were our previous 2).

Ross kind of fits in line with what our owner said a couple of weeks back, 'we are going to try something different'. 

Ipswich are a rarity of being a well run, non-basketcase side in the English championship. 

It MUST be massively tempting for Jack as they are a good size of club. 

If he does go, I'd hope its sooner rather then dragging out. We can then focus on bring Robbie Neilson in (hopefully)