Ipswich Town - Permission to Speak with Jack Ross

Tony Fitzpatrick has stated that he hopes that St Mirren do not make the same mistake they made 40 years ago by failing to hold on to Alex Ferguson with regard to Jack Ross.
At least we enjoyed Alex Ferguson's services for the best part of 4 years!
We did... But looking back, the first two years under Fergie were a real struggle. We essentially had around 2 years of euphoria, success and free flowing football under Sir Alex... So essentially Jack is maybe around 6 months behind that commitment and a couple of years ahead in achievement!

30 minutes ago, zico said:

Hopkin is a FANNY. David Martindale is the guy who is really in charge at Livi.

Fixed it for you.

He's done well at Livi, but he's one of the last I would want taking over here. We've got football players at this club, imagine putting that ape in charge of them. I couldn't imagine having to watch that type of football every week. Mince.

10 minutes ago, Saint Garf said:

Fixed it for you.

He's done well at Livi, but he's one of the last I would want taking over here. We've got football players at this club, imagine putting that ape in charge of them. I couldn't imagine having to watch that type of football every week. Mince.

Hopkin isn't responsible for the style of football at Livi. He's just cover for the reality of the situation there.

1 minute ago, northstbuddie said:

Expand

A quick google will tell you all you need to know and why.

Observing the Livi bench at the title clincher confirmed what I'd been told. Hopking even disappeared up the tunnel for 5 mins during the 2nd half and when he returned he just sat back down on the bench and no-one noticed.

If not Ipswich, then it'll be somebody else next week, and the week after, and the week after.

Jack can't keep turning these down and also retain personal credibility amongst the sort of clubs he'll be hoping to move to eventually.

I think he'll be off and, while I'll be sad to see him go, I am very grateful that he told Dundee and Barnsley to shove it at far more crucial times for us.

19 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

If not Ipswich, then it'll be somebody else next week, and the week after, and the week after.

Jack can't keep turning these down and also retain personal credibility amongst the sort of clubs he'll be hoping to move to eventually.

I think he'll be off and, while I'll be sad to see him go, I am very grateful that he told Dundee and Barnsley to shove it at far more crucial times for us.

I don't see why he can't keep turning offers down , there will always be jobs for guys like Ross. .

At the end of the season he more or less said he is staying as he wants to take us to a higher level . .

24 minutes ago, mad saint 2 said:

sorry but lets not kid ourselves 

this has been the easiest league to wim no challenge 

there has been no competition

god Livingston WHO  were second come on 

has brought in some duds ,who we have then loaned out 

You're well named

If its the easiest League then why didn't the 6 teams that's finished above us in 2017 not win it ?

Troll !! 

Lived in Ipswich for 4 years and was season ticket holder also.

Ipswich are a fantastic club but if I was Jack Ross, on balance I wouldn't take this job.

5 years ago I would have said bite their hand off.

Since Marcus Evans arrived the level of investment in playing squad has consistently decreased to the point where they rely on a superb youth system and picking up loan signings (bit like us !).

Mick McCarthy done a fantastic job but was hounded out by sections of the support and I think Ipswich could bitterly regret it.

12 clubs in the Championship now have parachute payments of which Ipswich is not one, so the gap is enormous.

Having said that Marcus Evans is a brilliant chairman for managers to work under and maybe he is prepared to reinvest in the club.

Also Wagner had nowt at Huddersfield when he started and his talent delivered everything.

I think it would be a huge gamble for both Jack Ross and Ipswich.

If I was Jack Ross i would do a year in Premiership in Scotland.

I knew Ipswich would approach him, not suprised at all, but a very difficult job.

Think Jack should speak to Mick McCarthy first !

Edited by lenziebud

1 hour ago, Saint Garf said:

Fixed it for you.

Exactly where I am on this one, couldn’t watch that eye bleeding style every week 

Yeah baby.

I come in peace.

Just had a read through this thread and you seem a decent bunch. Must admit I quite like the cut of your chaps gib, it looks like you are going to lose him at some point and if we get him then we will look after him. He won't be given much of a transfer kitty but he is likely to be very well paid and he will have first class facilities and most importantly our owner will not interfere and he will be given time. 

I must admit I have a great deal of time for The Scots, you are a fine people. Generous at the bar and always well learned.

At Ipswich we have a Scottish love in with notable members such as Billy Baxter, Frank Brogan,  Alan Brazil, George Burley, John Wark, Alex Mathie, Christophe Berra and of course Terry McButcher

Anyway, feel free to pop over for a cup of tea https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/