Ipswich Town - Permission to Speak with Jack Ross

3 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Ipswich are a rarity of being a well run, non-basketcase side in the English championship. 

It MUST be massively tempting for Jack as they are a good size of club. 

If he does go, I'd hope its sooner rather then dragging out. We can then focus on bring Robbie Neilson in (hopefully) 

The One for me as well.

The short time JR & JF have been with the club have been for the most part ,some of the most enjoyable and memorable times ive had as a Buddie.

He likes the club, gets on well with the chairman , likes the fans and in return is liked by the massive majority of us and has a group of players who seem to respect him massively.  He will go at some time , hopefully not yet but he will be lured away by another club. I dont know much about ITFC but they do seem to be one of the more stable and patient Championship clubs. Barnsley would have been a big mistake , apart from anything else its a f**kin shithole and talk of Sunderland at one point ?.. bet he`s glad that one didnt have legs . Imagine having to take the reins of a club who list Dicko and whitsisname  as supporters / sympathisers !

I would love him to stay and finish the job and i do believe he probably will, if he goes , he goes and he will have the best wishes of a great many buddies .

Hopefully Ross doesn't go. If he's offered the Ipswich job I can only see one outcome though. A very big club with good stadium, big fan base and always competitive in the Championship. This is not a Barnsley. He'd be mad to turn it down unless he knew an even better offer was due to come in. I'd say our best hope is that Ipswich go for someone else.

Edited by Big Yards

1 hour ago, ShefkiKuqisSkidmarks said:

Yeah baby.

I come in peace.

Just had a read through this thread and you seem a decent bunch. Must admit I quite like the cut of your chaps gib, it looks like you are going to lose him at some point and if we get him then we will look after him. He won't be given much of a transfer kitty but he is likely to be very well paid and he will have first class facilities and most importantly our owner will not interfere and he will be given time. 

I must admit I have a great deal of time for The Scots, you are a fine people. Generous at the bar and always well learned.

At Ipswich we have a Scottish love in with notable members such as Billy Baxter, Frank Brogan,  Alan Brazil, George Burley, John Wark, Alex Mathie, Christophe Berra and of course Terry McButcher

Anyway, feel free to pop over for a cup of tea https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/

TBH the facilities and the type of owner could well be the highest priorities for JR.

15 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

The short time JR & JF have been with the club have been for the most part ,some of the most enjoyable and memorable times ive had as a Buddie.

He likes the club, gets on well with the chairman , likes the fans and in return is liked by the massive majority of us and has a group of players who seem to respect him massively.  He will go at some time , hopefully not yet but he will be lured away by another club. I dont know much about ITFC but they do seem to be one of the more stable and patient Championship clubs. Barnsley would have been a big mistake , apart from anything else its a f**kin shithole and talk of Sunderland at one point ?.. bet he`s glad that one didnt have legs . Imagine having to take the reins of a club who list Dicko and whitsisname  as supporters / sympathisers !

I would love him to stay and finish the job and i do believe he probably will, if he goes , he goes and he will have the best wishes of a great many buddies .

Never thought much of Ipswich either when I was there ,  mind you that was nearly 40 year ago ,  its near neighbour Norwich as I remember was a beautiful city

Lets get one thing clear,Jack will eventually get into big time management and get the big bucks at some point in his career

Why would he be in a rush to do it now?

Management is a long term career and Jack is still learning and where better to challenge himself than with the saints in the premiership against Celtic,Aberdeen and the two edinburgh teams...an up and coming Killie...

Whats a season to a young manager who will learn and improve before he goes down south

i vote... Jack will stay 

Pretty sure Jack will take the Ipswich job. Its a fantastic set up with great facilities  The only doubt is whether Ipswich insist on Jack keeping the existing Ipswich backroom staff as this rules out James Fowler. It's time now for St Mirren to look for a manager that is committed to the club and intends to stay a full season.  That man is not Jack Ross. 

2 minutes ago, magnus said:

Pretty sure Jack will take the Ipswich job. Its a fantastic set up with great facilities  The only doubt is whether Ipswich insist on Jack keeping the existing Ipswich backroom staff as this rules out James Fowler. It's time now for St Mirren to look for a manager that is committed to the club and intends to stay a full season.  That man is not Jack Ross. 

Mick McCarthy and Terry O'Connor left so space for Fowler. 

Wouldn't be as sure about Jack Ross taking it, 50/50 on that one 

4 hours ago, Drew said:

I'm assuming this is a wind up, however....

Anyone who takes a pop at JR for considering other posts, and ultimately accepting one, needs to take a look at themselves.

The guy has pretty much given us our club back. He owes us absolutely nothing.

As for loyalty, who among us would demonstrate 'loyalty' to our current employer if offered a challenging opportunity to develop their career with a 4X salary increase elsewhere?

Equally, who can run a business when there is no prospect of the leader staying and why let Jack decide which players stay? Who will want to sign? Sorry, the practicalities are the sooner Jack goes the better and of course with thanks.

1 minute ago, magnus said:

Equally, who can run a business when there is no prospect of the leader staying and why let Jack decide which players stay? Who will want to sign? Sorry, the practicalities are the sooner Jack goes the better and of course with thanks.

Geez give Jack a break- He hasn't left ............... whats he meant to do- tell everyone to Fk off that approaches him

9 minutes ago, magnus said:

There would be space for James Fowler. Mick left with Terry Connor (assistant), and Dave Bowman, Micks Chief Scout will be leaving soon as well. Leaves room for a couple of additions (plus we need a new GK coach as ours is retiring).

Other than that, I think what our owner Evans was alluding to was the academy staff who are all virtually ex Ipswich players at the moment doing a very good job. 

Was focussing on Jack building our squad for an exciting adventure back in the top flight. Suppose it was a bit ignorant not being prepared for this kind of speculation.
I think Ipswich would be a great move for Jack financially and it seems they are well run with a patient chairman.
Jack’s stock is pretty high just now, especially with the manager of the year award and it will be a tough gig for us next season. I still think Jack is relishing the challenge with us and feels a genuine affinity with St Mirren.
Obviously we all hope that somehow we can hang on to Jack, but if/when he goes I’m sure it will be with our best wishes, even if we are gutted.

Just now, DougJamie said:

Geez give Jack a break- He hasn't left ............... whats he meant to do- tell everyone to Fk off that approaches him

I really don't give a shit what he does. I am simply saying someone else needs to be planning for St Mirren next season. Last season is over and odds are we need a new manager.