Ipswich Town - Permission to Speak with Jack Ross

1 hour ago, ShefkiKuqisSkidmarks said:

By the way everyone.

I must apologise, I have been popping on here for two days and I haven't asked you the most important question.

On TWTD (Our forum) it is our tradition to ask new friends their favourite cheese.

So; What is your favourite cheese?

I'm a Suffolk Blue man - although I am continually tempted by the namby pamby French Roquefort 

Thought you being a Tractor Boy from East Anglia you be more into Chedd-ARRRR

7 hours ago, ITFCReuser said:

While we freely admit to being mid-Championship status these days, we are still a big draw for many, hence the 100+ applications received so far. 

You've answered your own question though there really as you go on to talk about JR's relative lack of experience. So why would he be deserving of a bigger club? Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he's not a very good prospect, more that I think we have more value than you perhaps suspect.

Leeds may have more money than us but they're a complete basket-case club. He'd be handed a two-year contract there and depart within six months. Now that's how you'd ruin this guy's career. We've only had 15 managers in 80 something years; you'll always get the chance to prove yourself at Portman Road, for better or for worse sometimes!

Same applies to Sunderland. They are in League One, need a huge clear out and their performances/morale could not be lower. How you would find that a better fit than Ipswich honestly baffles me. 

Islamic State were advertising last week for a milkman paying 15k a week,  there were 100,000 applicants in first 24hours, it doesn`t make it a good job Reuser it just pays very well  :ph34r:

5 hours ago, ShefkiKuqisSkidmarks said:

By the way everyone.

I must apologise, I have been popping on here for two days and I haven't asked you the most important question.

On TWTD (Our forum) it is our tradition to ask new friends their favourite cheese.

I'm a Suffolk Blue man - although I am continually tempted by the namby pamby French Roquefort 

C1661824-5613-4579-9122-3F653897F30F.jpeg

As much as most of us think Jack Ross is something of the new Alex Ferguson a few words of warning.

Derek McInnes Best Manager in Scotland went to Bristol City result - They got relegated.

Craig Levein Best Manager in Scotland went to Leicester City result - The Caretaker Manager just saved them from relegation.

Robbie Nielson Best Manager in Scotland went to MK Dons result - They got relegated.

Bet most of the fans of the teams they managed in Scotland before going to England thought they were some sort of managerial messiah (like we do with Jack Ross) only it didn't work out very well for them.

7 hours ago, ShefkiKuqisSkidmarks said:

By the way everyone.

Manchego (Spain), Ossau-Iraty (South of France) are my current foreign favourites.

However you can't go wrong with an extra mature Scottish cheddar.

9 hours ago, saintargyll said:

Jacks orders are to stick with the Saints for the next 3 seasons till Brendan Rodgers wins 10 in a row then Jack will take over

i can live with that 

So you're expecting Jack to get us to lie down and let them win the league? In the timescale you suggest we should be 30%  onto making that record ourselves...…………………………… hic :guinness

12 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Manchego (Spain), Ossau-Iraty (South of France) are my current foreign favourites.

However you can't go wrong with an extra mature Scottish cheddar.

Spanish bar. Bit of Manchego. A nice cold beer. Fecking beautiful! 

After a few days now since this news broke I'm hoping Jack gets offered the job and moves on before any new players are signed. We need stability going into the premiership and a manager needs the opportunity to sign his own players. Jack has been brilliant did what he said forever grateful. But is he going is he staying every couple of month is not what our players need. Hope Gordon Scott has a few names in his head. 

4 minutes ago, Abu Dhabi Saints said:

On the other hand I hope he stays and gives us an exciting season in the top league.

How good would that be but and I say again but. Harry Davis had a offer on the table which he rejected Reilly has had an offer also but obviously his agent is looking around to see if there is anything better given the time the offer has been on the table. For a manager that can be frustrating when a budget holds you back from getting what you want. Of course Ross first has to be offered the job. 

12 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Said it before and I'll say it again. Football is all about opportunity. Today's flavour of the month can easily become yesterday's man with one bad run - look at Alan Archibald. Alan is a very good manager who had 3 excellent seasons at Partick Thistle and will now likely be out of a job in the summer (incidentally, I'd have him in a second).

Jack Ross is not losing credibility for listening to what suitors have to say. 3 clubs have courted him very openly in the last 12 months. 3 clubs that could offer a higher wage and budget than we could at the point when they made contact. Dundee, the club Jack supported as a lad came sniffing and he told them it wasn't for him, Barnsley were a complete omnishambles from the word go in their setup.  Ipswich on the other hand, offer a very real and very attractive prospect in terms of both the size and scope of job and potential to get a further step up from there. Jack has conducted himself with nothing but integrity and transparency since he came here. Ambition is not a bad thing, neither is confidence in your ability.

As an example, I have often said I'm happy in my job....very happy in fact. But if another company came calling for me to move south on a salary that is 3, 4, 5 times what I make just now, would I dismiss them off the bat? Don't be so silly. I love my job and I like the company I work for but why would I not at least hear what someone else has to say and offer that could improve my own career?

End of the day, Jack Ross will leave us a f**king damn sight better than where he found us. There's not many managers that we've had in the last few years who can say that.

My one and only concern is I don't want Ipswich dithering over the decision and waiting to see the outcome of Shrewsbury's season. Certainly not until early June. Do the honourable thing and make their intention clear from as early in the process as possible... either offer it to Jack or don't and let St. Mirren FC move on and rebuild for what is going to be a massive season.

I would like to hope Evans would make a decision quickly too, out of respect for yourselves. I suspect  he does that in mind considering he’s left the interviews until after the season has finished.

12 minutes ago, Drew said:

Rumour has it that JR has a second interview next week.

The arse is now being torn out of this this....<_<

Makes sense if you just had an interview in London and impressed. Second interview means Ipswich like what they heard and lets Jack get a feel of the facilities my money is now on Jack leaving. Robbie Neilson I hope is the replacement.  

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

Word is Jack has been invited back for a second interview next week so he is definitely high up the list of candidates. 

This was from someone I do business with in the Ipswich area who’s a huge Ipswich fan. 

Edit- didn’t read before I posted. I see Drew has also posted this so must be a bit of truth in it. 

Edited by davidg

31 minutes ago, Drew said:

Cheeky<_<

My friend said...

“Looks like your manager has a second interview this week at Ipswich. 

He's made a good impression on Marcus Evans by all accounts and has been told he will have a couple of mill to spend”

Sound reasonably promising for Jack, not so good for us. This is if there’s any truth in it. 

Edited by davidg

3 minutes ago, davidg said:

The guys said

“Looks like your manager has a second interview this week at Ipswich. 

He's made a good impression on Marcus Evans by all accounts and has been told he will have a couple of mill to spend”

Sound reasonably promising for Jack, not so good for us. 

Aye, he's offski.

Shite state of affairs, but let's hope it is sorted out soon. We need this like a hole in the head.

Just now, Drew said:

Aye, he's offski.

Shite state of affairs, but let's hope it is sorted out soon. We need this like a hole in the head.

Could be a number of second interviews though? 

I’m staying positive (just) for now.