Ipswich Town - Permission to Speak with Jack Ross

This is my last post on the topic because I have no wish to derail the thread.
Iron's post was not filled with hatred of another race. There was no ill intent expressed, either explicitly or implicitly.
There was no discrimination, no call to arms. Nothing other than a crap joke.
On all sides this post of his fails the racism test. It is intellectually bankrupt to call his post racist.
Left wing hand politically correct hand wringers are an absolute scourge on society because it isolates and infuriates moderate people, wrongly labelling them bigots. That then risks turning those moderates to more extreme positions. It frankly beggars belief that this needs spelled out to a functioning adult.  
IMO any and all attempts to offend them on behalf of others through humour is to be encouraged in an effort to get them to stop enforcing their ridiculous self righteousness on others. You guys do almost as much harm to minority groups with your well meaning tripe than blatant discrimination does.
Here endeth the lesson in basic human psychology.

You have said it perfectly and a well written critique.

Doesn't change my view that it was 70s style casual racism. I've no wish to derail the thread either, that's why I (originally) ended my post by talking about our manager.

It was not 70s style. It was not racist. I’m not a racist. Despite you still trying to besmirch me

I disagree, the comparison it made was classic casual racism imo and I got called a c**t for saying so. Let's agree to disagree and get this thread back on topic.

Of course your perfect and in your whole life have never said anything remotely prejudiced either deliberately or in jest?? It’s your opinion I was racist/ am a racist. I repeat it was not racist and clearly others agree.

I know it might be a stupid question but I would have thought that the Chairman and Tony Fitz would have given their thoughts on the manager situation. We are in the crazy position of trying to keep or sign New players while our present manager looks to be possibly jumping the ship. The club would like me to renew my season ticket and they obviously want to encourage more supporters to come on board but we have no idea whether Mr Ross is staying or going. I just wish this situation be resolved asap and let us get on with they New season. Personally I would love it if the manager stays but he wishes to go, go now.

3 minutes ago, old buddy said:

I know it might be a stupid question but I would have thought that the Chairman and Tony Fitz would have given their thoughts on the manager situation. We are in the crazy position of trying to keep or sign New players while our present manager looks to be possibly jumping the ship. The club would like me to renew my season ticket and they obviously want to encourage more supporters to come on board but we have no idea whether Mr Ross is staying or going. I just wish this situation be resolved asap and let us get on with they New season. Personally I would love it if the manager stays but he wishes to go, go now.

You sum things up perfectly Old Buddy

Of course your perfect and in your whole life have never said anything remotely prejudiced either deliberately or in jest?? It’s your opinion I was racist/ am a racist. I repeat it was not racist and clearly others agree.

Oh ffs, grow up. Where did I call you a racist? The comment you made, trying to be funny, was racist in a casual 70s way. That's what I've said and I stand by it. You may or may not be a racist, I have no idea, I don't know you, but, imo, the comment was racist.

There is no such thing as CASUAL racism FFS. It is either racism or it isn't. There is no grey area.
Bollocks, go and Google it, it's real. Which probably explains why you don't recognise the term given you don't live in the real world.

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Have not read what was written but have heard the sound bite 70s style racism form TV, to radio and football forums. It seems to be the fashion sound bite of the moment the 50"s and 60's were a lot worse. A slip of the tongue can get you in a whole lot of trouble like me calling someone coloured instead of black. It's got to the stage where you are walking on  egg shell's.  Rather than pointing the finger and shouting racist when it's a slip up I would say it's better to educate by pointing the fault out. Being deliberately offensive is when the finger should be pointed. 

You almost got a like for your post but then you talked about educating people. The only person needing educating here is salmonbuddie.

Oh ffs, grow up. Where did I call you a racist? The comment you made, trying to be funny, was racist in a casual 70s way. That's what I've said and I stand by it. You may or may not be a racist, I have no idea, I don't know you, but, imo, the comment was racist.

Grow up? Really. It’s you needs grow up and get a life. Ffs! You implied I’m a racist. You must get really upset over lots of things people say if you think what I said was racist! People like you as oaksoft said need be challenged your a PC crusader bully. Who the hell are you say what I say is racist. Get a grip pal. Your keeping this going and the original posts had nothing to do with you!!

And as I said you have never ever said anything in your life that’s prejudicial?? Answer that ?!

8 minutes ago, salmonbuddie said:
11 minutes ago, oaksoft said:
There is no such thing as CASUAL racism FFS. It is either racism or it isn't. There is no grey area.

Bollocks, go and Google it, it's real. Which probably explains why you don't recognise the term given you don't live in the real world.

Oh FFS the term was created by PC people like you SB because they couldn't get accusations of actual racism to hold up.

Honestly bud it's like wading through treacle talking to you.

If you want to discuss this further start another thread in GN.

And this is what we want to do and build through youth and pick up some bargains.
We bought Cresswell for not a lot and sold him for £4m, we bought Mings for £10k and sold him for £8m.
We got Garner and Waghorn from Rangers for a combined fee of about £500k and they have been fantastic, our GK is arguably the best in the league and cost peanuts from Notts County.
We really have some great young players coming through and whilst money helps we are the sort of club that likes to be self sufficient and it can work.
I might be an old fart but I believe a club can compete with good foundations and the right people.
Edit; And before Marcus tightened the purse strings we spent millions and millions on a pile of shite.

Ok. When Jack takes over which great young talent can you send us on loan?

Oh FFS the term was created by PC people like you SB because they couldn't get accusations of actual racism to hold up.
Honestly bud it's like wading through treacle talking to you.
If you want to discuss this further start another thread in GN.

I've tried three times now to get it back on topic but you won't let it go.

You surprise me, oaky, that with your (self) vaunted superior intellectual capacity you can't see that this is a problem in society.

You really are well up your own arse, aren't you.

Grow up? Really. It’s you needs grow up and get a life. Ffs! You implied I’m a racist. You must get really upset over lots of things people say if you think what I said was racist! People like you as oaksoft said need be challenged your a PC crusader bully. Who the hell are you say what I say is racist. Get a grip pal. Your keeping this going and the original posts had nothing to do with you!!

You keep saying that I "called" or "implied" that you're a racist. Once again, where?

I have constantly stated that in my opinion it was a racist comment and I have never said there was intent behind it. Which makes the comment just about the very definition of casual racism despite oaky not having such a thing on his planet. Nothing you or your wee gang have said has changed that opinion and I will call racism each and every time I hear or read it. You and your wee gang may disagree with my opinion, that's your choice.

I have tried several times to get the thread back on topic but you continue to protest your innocence while at the same time you gang up on me. Do any of you think it will change my opinion?

I'll stop at this, have a wee think about how your post could be perceived by others who can't read your mind and don't know you from Adam.