Ipswich Town - Permission to Speak with Jack Ross

Mid Calder.  Difficult to argue against your position and it looks Like Jack wS wheeled out to do the "Business as Usual" interview.  I don't blame him.  We pay his wages.  I don't doubt he was sincere.  The question you pose for me,  and it's a good one IMO,  is was that enough to convince potential signings? 

As a young manager on a development courses many years ago we were given an exercise.  in the scenario you  (Jack?)  had been appointrled as manager in a other branch and as you were in the area you popped in to say hello and we're confronted by a range of problems that were urgent and needed solving. We were asked to decide what we would do and report back later which we did.  Others related stories of how they solved the issues.  When asked.  I answered that I went and had a coffee and read the local paper.  I was asked why I did that.  I said.... I already had a job,  I was still in it until the Monday I started and would have gone no where near the branch.  I was a professional and for my money that's  what professionals do.. They set their egos aside and focus on what they are doing until that stops.  Then they move on with similar focus in the new role. So.. I believe he is right but it's not me he has to convince as you point out.  

hope it's resolved quickly. 

1 minute ago, Slartibartfast said:

You failed that course, didn't you? :)

Kind of you to ask. No... I was marked down as potential for top management.  It wasn't what the others did.. They ignored the job they already had and we're responsible for in order to be popular for a day with the staff in the new place. They weren't thoroughly professional.  Jack is capable of that... It's in his make up. 

Jack is a Buddie first and foremost and has explained the importance of loyalty and team work to the team on many occaisions.  

Jack's plan for the sale and loan back  of Lewis Morgan was centered around his values and played on Jacks's and Lewis's love for the club and worked brilliantly.

Jack has a superb future ahead, he is as good as, if not better than, Fergie at this stage and he should  know that he has time on his side.  Skip the Aberdeen phase, stay at Saints then come to West Brom (who I watch in exile!) before Old Trafford.

Jack, I am not joking, please don't rush away!  Yes for St Mirren but equally for you.  Take your time, trust yourself and storm the SPL with your club!

SMTID     (just like Jack!)

22 minutes ago, Hagleybuddies said:

Jack is a Buddie first and foremost and has explained the importance of loyalty and team work to the team on many occaisions.  

Jack's plan for the sale and loan back  of Lewis Morgan was centered around his values and played on Jacks's and Lewis's love for the club and worked brilliantly.

Jack has a superb future ahead, he is as good as, if not better than, Fergie at this stage and he should  know that he has time on his side.  Skip the Aberdeen phase, stay at Saints then come to West Brom (who I watch in exile!) before Old Trafford.

Jack, I am not joking, please don't rush away!  Yes for St Mirren but equally for you.  Take your time, trust yourself and storm the SPL with your club!

SMTID     (just like Jack!)

Did you watch Saints before Fergies arrival ? Did you watch the transformation? No way you did there is no comparison no matter what stats you are looking at. Fergie was one in a million and went on to prove it at Aberdeen and Man U. Tony Fitz is a great guy love him but Jesus Christ the spin he has us wining the SPL.

Having watched the Jack Ross interview on buddie vision I feel it's not a forgone conclusion he will leave for Ipswich , not saying he won't leave just have a feeling he might stay where before I though he would leave. Get the feeling he wants a crack at the premiership he speaks with enthusiasm and how Scottish football is better than it's viewed in some quarters. That he is building for next season. Said of Ipswich it's now down to the club's. 

9 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Having watched the Jack Ross interview on buddie vision I feel it's not a forgone conclusion he will leave for Ipswich , not saying he won't leave just have a feeling he might stay where before I though he would leave. Get the feeling he wants a crack at the premiership he speaks with enthusiasm and how Scottish football is better than it's viewed in some quarters. That he is building for next season. Said of Ipswich it's now down to the club's. 

I agree................ however we should not be even competing with a mid table championship team. But we are

That’s the impression I got on viewing it

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

When he keeps saying 'its down to the clubs', I still can't work out what he means. Is it down to the clubs to agree compensation to get him here, or is it down to the clubs to agree for him to have talks with us (although we're lead to believe he had talks last week, and is set for them again this week)? 

13 minutes ago, ITFCBlue said:

When he keeps saying 'its down to the clubs', I still can't work out what he means. Is it down to the clubs to agree compensation to get him here, or is it down to the clubs to agree for him to have talks with us (although we're lead to believe he had talks last week, and is set for them again this week)? 

You know as much as me mate however I'm guessing make us an offer we can't refuse then leave it up to Ross. From the interview its easy to pick he is in a very happy place with us and wants the challenge to take St Mirren to new heights.  Was not confident of keeping  Ross that has now changed  for me. 

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

1 minute ago, linwood buddie said:

I think this may rumble on till after Shrewsbury play in the Play-Off final , it looks like their boss is the preferred choice and he's waiting to see how  they get on.

The only thing with that is, and as other Town fans have pointed out on this thread, if Ross is having his second interview this week, I really can't imagine he, nor your chairman would be happy for us to say 'cheers Jack, cracking second interview, but can you wait 2/3 weeks for an answer so I can see how Shrewsbury get on?'. Shrewsbury may well get promoted and Hurst stays there as well.

I'd be surprised if we get to the end of the week and not be anymore clearer on the situation, personally. 

10 minutes ago, ITFCBlue said:

The only thing with that is, and as other Town fans have pointed out on this thread, if Ross is having his second interview this week, I really can't imagine he, nor your chairman would be happy for us to say 'cheers Jack, cracking second interview, but can you wait 2/3 weeks for an answer so I can see how Shrewsbury get on?'. Shrewsbury may well get promoted and Hurst stays there as well.

I'd be surprised if we get to the end of the week and not be anymore clearer on the situation, personally. 

Agree with you to a certain extent but I don’t think JR is the kind of person to turn down an opportunity for that reason. He’ll know the club will be looking to make the most informed decision and even if he is second choice, the opportunity doesn’t change. 

Heres hoping for a quick resolution but in reality there possibly isn’t any real rush from an Ipswich or JR perspective given the stage of the season we’re at 

If 'it's down to the clubs' and he's already had talks it looks, to me, like he's leaving. I hope I'm wrong.

10 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Agree with you to a certain extent but I don’t think JR is the kind of person to turn down an opportunity for that reason. He’ll know the club will be looking to make the most informed decision and even if he is second choice, the opportunity doesn’t change. 

Heres hoping for a quick resolution but in reality there possibly isn’t any real rush from an Ipswich or JR perspective given the stage of the season we’re at 

I'm with you on this one Bazil. A look at Jack's Wikepedia Page shows you that he is a very single minded and professional individual who is able to park his ego and be pragmatic whilst also having a clear idea of what he considers to be right and wrong and is willing to back his judgement.

This is getting silly now! Honestly, on Facebook and on here the psychotic and schizophrenic nature of the St Mirren support has never been more in evidence. 

You get minute by minute posts. "I love Jack Ross", "I think he's going", "Why hasn't he left yet!", "He must be staying", "that bastard clearly wants to go", "Sack Jack Ross and move on". 

The reality is that if Ipswich Town had made up their mind that they wanted Jack Ross they wouldn't be giving him a second interview and leaving him waiting in limbo. He'd have been presented to the media and fans as the new Ipswich manager and St Mirren would be starting the hunt for a new boss. Ross is clearly on their shortlist, but he's absolutely not a shoe in and the longer this goes on the more it looks like Ipswich are stalling waiting on someone else. 

This is getting silly now! Honestly, on Facebook and on here the psychotic and schizophrenic nature of the St Mirren support has never been more in evidence. 
You get minute by minute posts. "I love Jack Ross", "I think he's going", "Why hasn't he left yet!", "He must be staying", "that bastard clearly wants to go", "Sack Jack Ross and move on". 
The reality is that if Ipswich Town had made up their mind that they wanted Jack Ross they wouldn't be giving him a second interview and leaving him waiting in limbo. He'd have been presented to the media and fans as the new Ipswich manager and St Mirren would be starting the hunt for a new boss. Ross is clearly on their shortlist, but he's absolutely not a shoe in and the longer this goes on the more it looks like Ipswich are stalling waiting on someone else. 

Agree !!
Why would JR want to become Ipswich sloppy second choice ?
The East Anglians clearly having a cake and eat it moment.
C’mon Jack, pit your wits against Lenny,Stevie G, Brendan and Del Boy next season.
Go on go on [emoji847]

I can see why Jack Ross is the bookies favourite , he,,s had an interview in London , and obviously impressed , his second interview will be in Ipswich where he can see they training grounds , have a look at a couple of nice superbs close by , check out local schools , with a strong likelihood that he will be unveiled as manager the following day . The guy managing Shrewsbury may have other teams pursuing him , and Ipswich would have to compete with them in a week or so,s time if they want him , so if they have invited Jack for a second interview I think Ipswich are very close to an agreement with him . 

19 minutes ago, Seaside Nipper said:

Agree !!
Why would JR want to become Ipswich sloppy second choice ?
The East Anglians clearly having a cake and eat it moment.
C’mon Jack, pit your wits against Lenny,Stevie G, Brendan and Del Boy next season.
Go on go on emoji847.png

He was second choice for St Mirren job.

Why would anyone turn down a club like Ipswich to stay in the Scottish Premiership.

The more I have thought about it, i'm not sure he will get a better chance if offered the job.

As it is I think if he goes we should swallow any pride and go back in for Billy Davies to replace him !!!

1 hour ago, StuD said:

Agree, I mean what kind of idiot would want Jack Ross sacked......

I do actually agree with you to be fair. If he was first choice it would already be done, and some of the fans really do need to calm down a bit, this is what happens when you have a good manager.

Edited by norman