Ipswich Town - Permission to Speak with Jack Ross

He was second choice for St Mirren job.
Why would anyone turn down a club like Ipswich to stay in the Scottish Premiership.
The more I have thought about it, i'm not sure he will get a better chance if offered the job.
As it is I think if he goes we should swallow any pride and go back in for Billy Davies to replace him !!!

Erm, I was being a tad flippant, tongue firmly in cheek in response to the previous post with “Sloppy seconds”
It disappoints me you didn’t catch that. [emoji17]

13 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

He was second choice for St Mirren job.

Why would anyone turn down a club like Ipswich to stay in the Scottish Premiership.

The more I have thought about it, i'm not sure he will get a better chance if offered the job.

As it is I think if he goes we should swallow any pride and go back in for Billy Davies to replace him !!!

No..at the end of the day why would man like him consider a club like ours?

Billy Davies openly stated that he believes himself to be too good for our club.  I am sure he believes that and I am sure those that know him best (amongst the UK swinging community) would agree.  Of course that is why he is never out of the news with all these jobs he is being linked with as surely such a man will be coveted night and day by superior clubs to ours.  No he is way above our station and such a superior man can go and take a right good fcuk to himself.

Other than that I agree with your points with regard to Ipswich etc

But Billy Davies, gies peace, gies peace indeed.

1 hour ago, StuD said:

This is getting silly now! Honestly, on Facebook and on here the psychotic and schizophrenic nature of the St Mirren support has never been more in evidence. 

You get minute by minute posts. "I love Jack Ross", "I think he's going", "Why hasn't he left yet!", "He must be staying", "that bastard clearly wants to go", "Sack Jack Ross and move on". 

The reality is that if Ipswich Town had made up their mind that they wanted Jack Ross they wouldn't be giving him a second interview and leaving him waiting in limbo. He'd have been presented to the media and fans as the new Ipswich manager and St Mirren would be starting the hunt for a new boss. Ross is clearly on their shortlist, but he's absolutely not a shoe in and the longer this goes on the more it looks like Ipswich are stalling waiting on someone else. 

Agreed. Surely if they are waiting until after the play off final to get their first choice, Ross would tell them to piss off / politely decline ?

1 hour ago, StuD said:

This is getting silly now! Honestly, on Facebook and on here the psychotic and schizophrenic nature of the St Mirren support has never been more in evidence. 

You get minute by minute posts. "I love Jack Ross", "I think he's going", "Why hasn't he left yet!", "He must be staying", "that bastard clearly wants to go", "Sack Jack Ross and move on". 

The reality is that if Ipswich Town had made up their mind that they wanted Jack Ross they wouldn't be giving him a second interview and leaving him waiting in limbo. He'd have been presented to the media and fans as the new Ipswich manager and St Mirren would be starting the hunt for a new boss. Ross is clearly on their shortlist, but he's absolutely not a shoe in and the longer this goes on the more it looks like Ipswich are stalling waiting on someone else. 

How would you know as you're not a Saints supporter ?

1 hour ago, StuD said:

Thanks Doctor.

15 minutes ago, TediousTom said:

No..at the end of the day why would man like him consider a club like ours?

Billy Davies openly stated that he believes himself to be too good for our club.  I am sure he believes that and I am sure those that know him best (amongst the UK swinging community) would agree.  Of course that is why he is never out of the news with all these jobs he is being linked with as surely such a man will be coveted night and day by superior clubs to ours.  No he is way above our station and such a superior man can go and take a right good fcuk to himself.

Other than that I agree with your points with regard to Ipswich etc

But Billy Davies, gies peace, gies peace indeed.

Well when sitting at the bottom of the Championship in a complete mess, with his record in management I kinda see his point !

2 hours ago, DougJamie said:

How would you know as you're not a Saints supporter ?

The very idea of him referring to anyone as psychotic and schizophrenic is also highly amusing.

Still, they do say that it takes one to know one.

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

Looking on Line, Ipswich are a big club.  Value of squad on Transfermarket is over 1bn. Stadium holds 30000. 

1bn !!!!! You don't even have the excuse of having added an extra few zeros. How many in their 1st team squad....500 ? Methinks someone is pulling your leg.

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

Looking on Line, Ipswich are a big club.  Value of squad on Transfermarket is over 1bn. Stadium holds 30000. 

Dunno what you are looking at Ricky but that website quotes the squad value at 22,55 Mill. €. Which is just under £20m. 

Capture.PNG

Edited by StuD

1 minute ago, Sweeper07 said:

Stastistics. lies and damn lies -  then there are facts... who cares?

I don't think these are either statistics, lies or facts. A player is worth f**k all until they are sold and even then they've only got value if someone else is willing to pay for them. These valuations are at best dubious. After all the same website reckons St Mirren are sitting on 4.3m Euros of playing talent right now - John Sutton accounting for 225,000 Euros of that. 

What is true is that the Championship is a higher level than the Scottish Premier League. Any manager going down there from Scotland would earn more money - and I'd include Stevie Gerrard and Brendan Rogers in that and Ipswich have players of better ability than St Mirren. I'm sure Jack Ross would bite their hand off  if he was offered the job - but as I said before he doesn't look like their first choice to me. 

Thing is. If Ipswich dither and are waiting on someone else, Jack will almost certainly tell them he's staying put for the time being.

If there's anything that will affect his pre-season signing plans, such as targets holding off to see what he does or accepting contracts elsewhere as a result of the uncertainty, that will be that unless Ipswich come across with a firm offer, in which case, he'll likely accept. 

As we all know, JR is a very shrewd operator. I can't see him being the type of guy who will jeopardise his targets maybe going elsewhere and him going into the new season with a potentially weakened squad for the sake of a job that, lets be honest, the longer it draws out then the less likely he is to be offered.

If Ipswich are holding out for Hurst to become available and signings are holding off on Jack's decision, then it's likely he'll thank Ipswich for their interest and withdraw in order to strengthen his squad as much as possible and put himself in the frame for even more opportunities. We know he's certainly not afraid to make those decisions, nor is he short of confidence or self-belief.

36 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Thing is. If Ipswich dither and are waiting on someone else, Jack will almost certainly tell them he's staying put for the time being.

Doubt it. He clearly wants the job. If there's any chance of him getting it he'll be patient. 

There's nothing stopping him from continuing his work in the meantime. I really do doubt that any signing targets he has at St Mirren would be the same names he's been looking for at Ipswich. 

3 minutes ago, StuD said:

Doubt it. He clearly wants the job. If there's any chance of him getting it he'll be patient. 

There's nothing stopping him from continuing his work in the meantime. I really do doubt that any signing targets he has at St Mirren would be the same names he's been looking for at Ipswich. 

I never suggested, nor do I think that. What I said was that the uncertainty over his future is potentially affecting players he's targeted signing for St. Mirren given that by the time they join, it might be under a new manager. So these potential signings could feasibly be holding off until a resolution is found.

Also, I highly doubt he's even remotely 'looked at' anyone for Ipswich, given that he's preoccupied with his current role and erm, crucially isn't Ipswich manager.

1 minute ago, StuD said:

What makes you clearly think he wants the job ? Yes agree it could be life changing for Jack money wise. But was not Barnsley? MK Dons ? Dundee ? Though I think he would have went to Aberdeen if it had come up. There is a big difference in Jack in that he needs to believe he can take a club forward watch the interviews. I'm not a dreamer St Mirren is be all of course not for Jack. Ipswich is a good club but if their ambition is 2 million transfer kitty where money seems no object to other clubs Jack must how can I take Ipswich forward ? I'm quite hopfull he will stay now. He is a hugely patriotic  his dream is to manage Scotland the way he talked up Scottish football I'm very, very hopfull he will stay Stu. You pretend not to be a Saints fan yet you post here daily we know you luv  Saints :)

12 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

What makes you clearly think he wants the job ? Yes agree it could be life changing for Jack money wise. But was not Barnsley? MK Dons ? Dundee ? Though I think he would have went to Aberdeen if it had come up. There is a big difference in Jack in that he needs to believe he can take a club forward watch the interviews. I'm not a dreamer St Mirren is be all of course not for Jack. Ipswich is a good club but if their ambition is 2 million transfer kitty where money seems no object to other clubs Jack must how can I take Ipswich forward ? I'm quite hopfull he will stay now. He is a hugely patriotic  his dream is to manage Scotland the way he talked up Scottish football I'm very, very hopfull he will stay Stu. You pretend not to be a Saints fan yet you post here daily we know you luv  Saints :)

MK Dons? 

2 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:
3 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:
1bn !!!!! You don't even have the excuse of having added an extra few zeros. How many in their 1st team squad....500 ? Methinks someone is pulling your leg.

Ah, but he never said 1bn what. He could have been talking in Zimbabwean Dollars.

Slarti... Probably...... In any event.... I got it wrong. Not the first time.. Not the last time. 

Stu... thanks for pointing it out. 

Edited by St.Ricky