Ipswich Town - Permission to Speak with Jack Ross

1 minute ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Colin stick your money on Robbie Neilson from what I have heard it's a stick on from someone who has never been wrong yet. It all adds up also Jack worked under Robbie and has said training methods are quite similar , his old man is a St Mirren supporter he should never have left Hearts never mind our gain if we can get him.

Hopkin has done a fantastic job with the tools he has getting the best out of them also  played at a high level but Robbie is the name at the top of the list. 

That would be a good call IOBS maybe him and Alan McManus would be a good partnership , hear Alan is well quoted down New St Mirren Park.

I'm hoping that the BoD have been planning for the departure of JR for a while and have looked further than the names currently being mentioned.
I'm not impressed by any of them.

Utterly amazed if they haven’t planning been for this eventuality for many months. Biggest decision a board makes usually. Would think they’d seek JR’s opinion too.

23 minutes ago, FTOF said:

I'm hoping that the BoD have been planning for the departure of JR for a while and have looked further than the names currently being mentioned.

I'm not impressed by any of them.

They have been planning since the Barnsley fiasco,  there new man is already lined up and waiting.

11 minutes ago, JJ McG said:

They have been planning since the Barnsley fiasco,  there new man is already lined up and waiting.

Mr.Neilson I presume.

Consider me somewhat underwhelmed.

However, he'll have my backing, and I hope that he can banish my misgivings.

Edited by FTOF

4 minutes ago, athens-saint said:

Is anyone else disappointed by the lack of information (silence) from within the club?

We`ve had to rely on teasers from Twitter to have any idea of what`s been going on.

I thought this was all supposed to change under new management.

Or is it just me?

In fairness, what would you have them say?

27 minutes ago, JJ McG said:

Great to hear and I'm sure you are 100% correct if true I'm over the moon and sure the players will be also. Should attract good quality players I'm sure him and Jack have been communicating.  

7 minutes ago, athens-saint said:

Is anyone else disappointed by the lack of information (silence) from within the club?

We`ve had to rely on teasers from Twitter to have any idea of what`s been going on.

I thought this was all supposed to change under new management.

Or is it just me?

Just you I think.

As asked previously - what do you want the club to say by way of updates?!

Latest tweet: Jack says he's away for a pish, we've sent someone into the toilet with him to make sure he doesn't clamber out the window and hop on the nearest train to Suffolk.

29 minutes ago, JJ McG said:

Surely the board would have the sense to wait and see the quality of manager's who would be interested in the position, just 

can't get excited about Robbie Neilson, would much prefer Goody, 

16 minutes ago, Drew said:

In fairness, what would you have them say?

Usually a club will make a statement regarding speculation about an employee of the club. Nobody at SMFC did that.  All we know is based on hearsay and rumors and tidbits...If it wasn`t for div and the like we wouldn't`t know anything. And we still have no official word....silence from May 10th to 16th.

Fair enough - just thought there was supposed to be more transparency with fan ownership.

I`m not a fan of refreshing Twitter every 2 minutes and relying on teasers for information!!!

Edited by athens-saint
oops

18 minutes ago, Hambud said:

Who was in charge of Reilly at Hearts? Could Neilson be a factor in him not signing his contract?

This could be a possibility. Hopefully we will find out what's going on with Reilly's contractual situation soon.

On second thoughts this is nonsense. Jack won't leave, Div has got it wrong, it's all gonna be alright... :unsure: