Ipswich Town - Permission to Speak with Jack Ross

15 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Nice to read genuine excitement of the Ipswich fans on their forum they will love the man like we did. It's also nice to read they will give him time. Don't have an English team but I do now. I can't read and I can't write but I can drive a tractor :lol:

If we get him we will love him and cherish him. 

Our owner is very secretive but I have a friend who gives me snippets of definite info now and again. She told me about the Jack Ross enquiry and the interview before it was in the public domain but she has gone all quiet today. This may sound strange but I think it's because something may be happening and she is in lockdown. 

Purely speculation of course.

I can tell you now that whatever happens we will be looking over your results from now on, I think a lot of our following will adopt you as our Caledonian team. Maybe a few of us lot might pop up for a game and a few beers if we do eventually tie the knot.

I know I am biased but if it happens I don't think he will find a better move at his stage of his career.

A total of only 15 managers at ITFC since 1936

2 England managers

1 Scottish manager

Guaranteed time to get it right and an absolute blazing set of youngsters champing at the bit and absolutely no interference from the powers above.

5 minutes ago, ShefkiKuqisSkidmarks said:

Our owner is very secretive but I have a friend who gives me snippets of definite info now and again. She told me about the Jack Ross enquiry and the interview before it was in the public domain but she has gone all quiet today. This may sound strange but I think it's because something may be happening and she is in lockdown. 

I can tell you now that whatever happens we will be looking over your results from now on, I think a lot of our following will adopt you as our Caledonian team. Maybe a few of us lot might pop up for a game and a few beers if we do eventually tie the knot.

I know I am biased but if it happens I don't think he will find a better move at his stage of his career.

2 England managers

1 Scottish manager

Guaranteed time to get it right and an absolute blazing set of youngsters champing at the bit and absolutely no interference from the powers above.

So it's true; Alf Ramsey, was Scottish right enough.......? :-0

Edited by Howard Hughes in BlueSuedeShoes

10 minutes ago, ShefkiKuqisSkidmarks said:

2 England managers

1 Scottish manager

I have already been thinking of coming down to watch Ipswich been very impressed with the level headed thinking from your fans that is a rare quality. If any of you come up you will receive a very warm welcome and a beer of course which must be accompanied by a dram.  

27 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

This could be a possibility. Hopefully we will find out what's going on with Reilly's contractual situation soon.

On second thoughts this is nonsense. Jack won't leave, Div has got it wrong, it's all gonna be alright... :unsure:

Wish I could believe that. :(

25 minutes ago, Dan Is The Man said:

Shame to see Jack go, if indeed he does.

Robbie Neilson for me and we move on.

All the best Jack.

Does anyone know where this Robbie Nielson speculation has come from ?

He certainly wouldn't be my choice. 

IMO Neilson is a smug, arrogant imposter of a football manager who would be even less welcome than that hideous wee fud Paul Hartley as JR's replacement.

This could be a possibility. Hopefully we will find out what's going on with Reilly's contractual situation soon.
On second thoughts this is nonsense. Jack won't leave, Div has got it wrong, it's all gonna be alright... :unsure:

It's like the Argentinian takeover all over again. [emoji23]

Sorry guys , I'm at the stage that if he goes , he goes ! He has done a wonderful job getting us to where we are and has earned any success. Now Gordon Scott , over to you to get it right , because our future depends on your next move !

As an Ipswich Town fan having lived and worked there and been season ticket holder, couldn't be more delighted if Ipswich get Jack Ross. 

As a St Mirren supporter all my days its  the complete opposite !!

Haven't believed for a minute that Jack Ross would be our manager next season, so no suprise.

He has the potential to be a top top manager and deserves his chance.

Does anyone know where this Robbie Nielson speculation has come from ?
He certainly wouldn't be my choice. 
IMO Neilson is a smug, arrogant imposter of a football manager who would be even less welcome than that hideous wee fud Paul Hartley as JR's replacement.

Romped the Championship and took Hearts to third in their first season back in the Premiership. Would hardly call that an imposter.

There’s no speculation, just who I would like.

28 minutes ago, Dan Is The Man said:

Romped the Championship and took Hearts to third in their first season back in the Premiership. Would hardly call that an imposter.

There’s no speculation, just who I would like.

Yes but the minute Levien wasn't by his side he totally flopped. I think he's a bad choice, an obvious one but a bad one.

I think he's smug and arrogant also.

Edited by lenziebud

24 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

Yes but the minute Levien wasn't by his side he totally flopped. I think he's a bad choice, an obvious one but a bad one.

I think he's smug and arrogant also.

He did OK at MK Dons for the most part but his spell was ended by a horrible run of 1 win in 11.

Before that though, he was doing not bad with a good win percentage. Again, proves how fickle football can be.

Edited by djchapsticks

1 hour ago, Mid Calder Saint said:

Agree with your comments billyg. We quite simply can't run a business where the boss takes off for interviews every few months.Jack has done a great job and we thank him sincerely but recruitment and stability is vital at present and Gordon at this moment has to show strong leadership.

He has obviously been wanting to go for months or he wouldn't have went and spoke to some to other clubs simple as that  good luck to him think he will need it .

1 minute ago, elvis said:

He has obviously been wanting to go for months or he wouldn't have went and spoke to some to other clubs simple as that  good luck to him think he will need it .

You can't blame him let's look at reality. The days have gone where we break the transfer market in Scotland. We are a small premiership club a bigger championship club. How can you stop a manager progressing or a player for that matter. Have seen us as one of the bigger clubs in Scotland but these days have gone we are where we are success for St Mirren is in the top league if we survive the first season then we can move forward with league position money and a good manager. We have a history of punching above our weight cup wise that will continue. I'm lucky enough to followed us into Europe three times but reality is it will be near impossible to do that now. I'm enjoying the current ride they do come often and so should you. We are a club who has shrunk get used to it. 

6 hours ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Totally agree ......div yer a numpty :booty:P:D

I'm hoping this is all speculation ............ I am still hanging on grimly to the hope that Jack stays to have a crack at that wee youth coach Gerrard at newco and septic and it's us pushing for top three :D

JACK by now decisions been made whatever that may be ............Thanks for what you've done with OUR club and HOPEFULLY you will continue to do

Agree with your comments billyg. We quite simply can't run a business where the boss takes off for interviews every few months.Jack has done a great job and we thank him sincerely but recruitment and stability is vital at present and Gordon at this moment has to show strong leadership.

If you don’t want bigger clubs to court our manager the solution is to hire a manager who is shit.

What’s happening here is the price we pay for success.

I’m cool with it tbh.

Jack delivered what he set out to do, he’s taken the club back to the top flight, and if he can now go and earn 5 times his salary elsewhere at a club which, when all said and done, is much bigger than we could ever be, then fair enough.

Managers, staff, board members & players come and go. Fans are the only constant.

As one chapter closes another begins.