Ipswich Town - Permission to Speak with Jack Ross

7 minutes ago, Dave The Buddie said:

Having your own business you will know that if you have an employee who is excelling then other bigger businesses would offer that employee more money to join them. Stability is key therefore the BoD should be constant in their ambitions and make the best appointment they can in moving the club forward with or without Jack.

I’m sure Jack has St Mirren in his heart but if opportunities come along to better your career and your family’s life you have to take them if they feel right.

I get and understand that Dave. However this is a very important time in the club's history thanks to Jack Ross. Is one person bigger than the club because this uncertainty is not going away with Sunderland now popping up Derby next ? Surly we need someone in place to talk and encourage potential players to the club.  Have had a beer tonight so will bail out only to say I'm interested in St Mirren with Jack I hope but there must be a cut off point. 

Time now for the Board to end this circus.Jack has done a great job and we are all eternally grateful.Time now to decide where his future lies.How long does it take to accept a job offer?The club is bigger than anybody and we have a crucial season ahead.Fact is players like their futures sorted prior to going on holiday this is the norm and above all they like to know who their manager will be.Gordon and Tony get it sorted and remember season tickets go on sale next week.Time to get this fiasco sorted pronto.

25 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

I get and understand that Dave. However this is a very important time in the club's history thanks to Jack Ross. Is one person bigger than the club because this uncertainty is not going away with Sunderland now popping up Derby next ? Surly we need someone in place to talk and encourage potential players to the club.  Have had a beer tonight so will bail out only to say I'm interested in St Mirren with Jack I hope but there must be a cut off point. 

There's a difference between surly and surely.

10 minutes ago, Mid Calder Saint said:

Time now for the Board to end this circus.Jack has done a great job and we are all eternally grateful.Time now to decide where his future lies. How long does it take to accept a job offer?  The club is bigger than anybody and we have a crucial season ahead.Fact is players like their futures sorted prior to going on holiday this is the norm and above all they like to know who their manager will be.Gordon and Tony get it sorted and remember season tickets go on sale next week.Time to get this fiasco sorted pronto.

Has he been offered the job?  Must have missed that!

Would be as disappointed as anyone if Jack leaves us for another job as he is still serving his time at football management

BUT... he has to be offered one in the first place. He may well be an impressive candidate but ITFC are seemingly hedging their bets and all other links are pure speculation at the moment.

Seems some want him sacked so we can move on, then we lose out in any compensation.. too many Willie Todds out there.

Just need to be patient  and realise this is what success brings, Football is like no other business and normal rules don't apply.

1 hour ago, rabuddies said:

Has he been offered the job?  Must have missed that!

Rabuddies.  The answer.. as you well know... is that none of us know for sure.  Div calls it that way.  Our season finished on 29 April.  Today is 18 May.  So far we have released 17 players.  We have extended a few contracts but that's about it.  The video published to say it's Business as Usual didn't really convince a lot of people. Div reporting today though that there had been no further contact from Ipswich and thar recruitment plans etc are moving forward. 

Like it or not Jack clearly wants to move and move now.  A difficult position all round.  

I hope it is resolved before season ticket sales start on 22 May (three weeks plus since the end of the season). 

Edited by St.Ricky

28 minutes ago, alanb said:

Would be as disappointed as anyone if Jack leaves us for another job as he is still serving his time at football management

BUT... he has to be offered one in the first place. He may well be an impressive candidate but ITFC are seemingly hedging their bets and all other links are pure speculation at the moment.

Seems some want him sacked so we can move on, then we lose out in any compensation.. too many Willie Todds out there.

Just need to be patient  and realise this is what success brings, Football is like no other business and normal rules don't apply.

Indeed.

Some it would seem, in the midst of their little fits of pique, that we sack the manager instead of waiting for compensation.:blink:

Ross now 3/1 for the Sunderland job. Having my own business and employing a few staff if I had this staff member who is very good would I want this constant I'm going here there everywhere . No you need a stable business to move forward not the constant try this one the next one , have decided to stay oh got another offer. Jack needs to be honest with himself and his employees.  If course he wants to better himself yes we want keep him. There should be a bottom line we need to plan for the season ahead nobody should be bigger than the club. Understand compassion can help us but surly we need to look after our own house. 

Said employee of yours would be going for these jobs without you knowing about it though, so it’s an invalid comparison.

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Ross now 3/1 for the Sunderland job. Having my own business and employing a few staff if I had this staff member who is very good would I want this constant I'm going here there everywhere . No you need a stable business to move forward not the constant try this one the next one , have decided to stay oh got another offer. Jack needs to be honest with himself and his employees.  If course he wants to better himself yes we want keep him. There should be a bottom line we need to plan for the season ahead nobody should be bigger than the club. Understand compassion can help us but surly we need to look after our own house. 

I wouldn't pay any attention to the odds on the Sunderland job. His odds were probably cut when bookies reading this forum saw me say he's on a list. :rolleyes:

8 minutes ago, Stevie88 said:

Sunderland are infact interested in Jack. He goes on holiday tomorrow so can’t see anything happening one way or another in the coming days. He has also said he’s in absolutely no rush to leave St. Mirren but time will tell.

Hope so all of us do. 

2 hours ago, alanb said:

Name them.  :wacko:

1 hour ago, Stevie88 said:

Sunderland are in fact interested in Jack. He goes on holiday tomorrow so can’t see anything happening one way or another in the coming days. He has also said he’s in absolutely no rush to leave St. Mirren but time will tell.

"Sunderland are interested? Who at Sunderland is interested Stevie? The fans? The players? Ellis Short? Martin Bain? Stewart Donald? The cleaner down at the Academy of Light? 

It's a nonsense statement when the club is in the midst of a takeover. 

Edited by StuD

15 minutes ago, pod said:

Except for the ones that want him sacked. :unsure:

Aye ,that would be those who suggest that the Board put an end to this circus or that Jack should be put on Gardening leave and even seen suggestions he should just go.

The board have done all they can do and allowed ITFC to approach Jack for talks, the way things should be done. Gardening leave effectively has him out the door and the club liable to all sorts under employment law, certainly a cost to the club in terms of wages for no return.

As I suggested earlier, patience is a virtue we need to employ..