Ipswich Town - Permission to Speak with Jack Ross

2 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Well they have played in 4 leagues in 6 years so they will get round to it eventually  

On a more serious point... Gerard has been appointed by a chairman wanting to sell season tickets at a club that missed out on 2nd place, that had just been pumped twice by their former rivals and is his latest appointment in a couple of seasons following on from Stuart McCall, Mark Warburton, Murty as caretaker part 1, Pedro, and Murty as caretaker part 2.  King's gamble is Gerard's name and reputation help to lift morale, sell season tickets, and bring in some decent English players (on loan).

2 hours ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

On a more serious point... Gerard has been appointed by a chairman wanting to sell season tickets at a club that missed out on 2nd place, that had just been pumped twice by their former rivals and is his latest appointment in a couple of seasons following on from Stuart McCall, Mark Warburton, Murty as caretaker part 1, Pedro, and Murty as caretaker part 2.  King's gamble is Gerard's name and reputation help to lift morale, sell season tickets, and bring in some decent English players (on loan).

I really hope we can be part of their spiral to permanent  oblivion  ( again!!)................... a wee 3-1 at Ipox would do lovely

12 hours ago, portmahomack saint said:

East Anglian Daily Times now saying its a two horse race,, and running a poll, so get voting ?  I just voted Paul Hurst

Have also just voted Paul Hurst and as every other forum follower:D...........so our manager issue sorted lets start the new year with confidence :P

There's nothing borderline about it. [emoji4] I think it might be an addiction.  It's like an alcoholic who wants to kick the drink, asks his local not to serve him but then sneaks back in with a fake moustache on.

You’re addicted to StuD

You crave his attention and he ignores you :lol:

And there ain’t anything borderline about your creepiness either

6 minutes ago, Buffs said:

Frank Lampard out of the running for Ipswich job.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Black & White Army mobile app

It's been said for over a week now (our end), that its between Ross and Hurst. I get the impression the job is Ross', unless Hurst has a cracking interview next week. We expect a decision by the end of next week (so probably a good thing that Ross has gone away). 

Hopefully, for both clubs sake (and its supporters) this will all be over soon! 

3 minutes ago, ITFCBlue said:

It's been said for over a week now (our end), that its between Ross and Hurst. I get the impression the job is Ross', unless Hurst has a cracking interview next week. We expect a decision by the end of next week (so probably a good thing that Ross has gone away). 

The Job is Hurst's providing negotiations suit both parties...

8 minutes ago, ITFCBlue said:

If the job is Ross', why bother waiting a fortnight for Hurst? The impression I get is that Hurst is the man they want, and they're just waiting until his season is over, showing respect for his club, before giving him the job.

You are obviously closer to the situation, but why wait for a guy who is second choice?

9 minutes ago, Soctty said:

If the job is Ross', why bother waiting a fortnight for Hurst? The impression I get is that Hurst is the man they want, and they're just waiting until his season is over, showing respect for his club, before giving him the job.

You are obviously closer to the situation, but why wait for a guy who is second choice?

To be fair, we're all mostly saying the same thing, but think Hurst is one that our owner has wanted to talk to from the very moment that Mick left. The spanner in the works has been Shrewsbury getting through to the final, as otherwise a decision would have been made this week (I expect). 

We must have sounded out that Hurst would be prepared to come here, but win on Sunday, and he may feel like staying, whilst we have someone in Ross, who (seemingly), will take the job otherwise.

I'm with you that it seems strange, but from our end (and the chap that runs our forum who has close ties with the club), Ross is the leading candidate with a decision expected latter part of next week. 

1 minute ago, ITFCBlue said:

To be fair, we're all mostly saying the same thing, but think Hurst is one that our owner has wanted to talk to from the very moment that Mick left. The spanner in the works has been Shrewsbury getting through to the final, as otherwise a decision would have been made this week (I expect). 

We must have sounded out that Hurst would be prepared to come here, but win on Sunday, and he may feel like staying, whilst we have someone in Ross, who (seemingly), will take the job otherwise.

I'm with you that it seems strange, but from our end (and the chap that runs our forum who has close ties with the club), Ross is the leading candidate with a decision expected latter part of next week. 

I think you  might find Jack ruling himself out sooner than that, with a new deal on the table from us. He's a bright guy, who will no doubt assess the situation while on holiday, and I think will decide to take the decision away from Ipswich. It's what happened with the Barnsley situation, and while this is a more appealing proposition, I have a sneaking suspicion that he will stay put.

The new deal from us won't be anywhere near what you'd be offering, but it would be another sizable increase on his salary which is going up all the time, while allowing him and his family to stay where they are.

That is my hope anyway.

59 minutes ago, Soctty said:

I think you  might find Jack ruling himself out sooner than that, with a new deal on the table from us. He's a bright guy, who will no doubt assess the situation while on holiday, and I think will decide to take the decision away from Ipswich. It's what happened with the Barnsley situation, and while this is a more appealing proposition, I have a sneaking suspicion that he will stay put.

The new deal from us won't be anywhere near what you'd be offering, but it would be another sizable increase on his salary which is going up all the time, while allowing him and his family to stay where they are.

That is my hope anyway.

I hope you're right, but will Derby be the next to come calling ?

44 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

If Ross is the favourite why did Lampard get 2 interviews and discuss terms with Ipswich when they had no intention of appointing him?

Might indeed be bookies favourite.  If he's considered, I believe second or third choice.  

1 hour ago, Soctty said:

very disappointed Ipswich have not shown us any respect in this process, and hope they get their comeuppance in due course 

1 hour ago, MenstrieSaint said:

very disappointed Ipswich have not shown us any respect in this process, and hope they get their comeuppance in due course 

Shown us as much respect as I'd have expected. Our season is over, it's still May - when would we have expected them to approach Jack?

Off to Sunderland in any case...

1 hour ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Eh ? They sought permission to approach him and they did - all official and above board. It's looking like that may not be the case with Jack's new employers however !

On ‎21‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 8:52 PM, StuD said:

I wouldn't be - and that's got nothing to do with wanting to keep Ross at Paisley. 

The man has no knowledge of the players he would need to bring in at Sunderland to turn the club around, and he's got no contacts either. He'd be a massive risk as an appointment and Sunderland need a manager who will get wins straight away and build momentum - not sometime by January if a LinkedIn appeal for players works. None of the current St Mirren squad are of the standard needed in League One and he's way too hit or miss with his signings. If Sunderland are giving their new manager a transfer kitty of £10m I'd want someone in who can land the right quality.

Hurst or Cook would be my preferred choices. Managers who have done well on a budget from the league we're in now and managers who know how to develop a long term plan. Donald likes Wilder - I get that. He's worked his way up through the divisions in England too. Jack Ross - he'd be like an apprentice getting a job thats way too big for him. 

Proof delivered once again from the King of Troll, that he talks total utter pish. Obviously the people who  have ploughed millions into Sunderland see something you cant.....

For once I am sad he is wrong

But Stu D keep the bile coming