Ipswich Town - Permission to Speak with Jack Ross

Just now, turrabuddie said:

Interesting article from East Anglia Daily Times:

http://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town-contact-simon-grayson-regarding-managerial-vacancy-1-5518950

I found the comments an even more interesting read. Maybe not a done deal...

Thing with Grayson, he doesn't quite fit our owners comments of 'we're going to be going down a different route', when he spoke a month or so ago. Grayson, or anyone of that ilk, can be dismissed in my honest opinion. I imagine the club is just trying to cover all bases.

1 minute ago, ITFCBlue said:

Thing with Grayson, he doesn't quite fit our owners comments of 'we're going to be going down a different route', when he spoke a month or so ago. Grayson, or anyone of that ilk, can be dismissed in my honest opinion. I imagine the club is just trying to cover all bases.

Just saying I found it interesting. Also noted the chairman saying he hoped to make an announcement at the end of May, early June - must be waiting to talk to others, including the Shrewsbury guy, which suggests it's unlikely JR is the only one in the frame.

7 minutes ago, turrabuddie said:

Just saying I found it interesting. Also noted the chairman saying he hoped to make an announcement at the end of May, early June - must be waiting to talk to others, including the Shrewsbury guy, which suggests it's unlikely JR is the only one in the frame.

Its certainty looking like that there is hope yet Jack remains. The wait for it to be confirmed  one way or another is murder. 

1 hour ago, turrabuddie said:

As a few of us Town fans have mentioned, if Ross is on his alleged second interview this week, I imagine your Chairman and Ross would want a fairly swift decision. Again, as I said yesterday, I can't imagine Ross coming for a second interview, only to be told 'cheers for that, but can you wait 3 weeks for a decision because I want to talk to Shrewsbury and Paul Hurst as well'. Just seems strange that Ross would be on a second interview 2/3 weeks before we 'might' even get the chance to talk to Hurst first time around.

Still, never mind, i'm sure it might be a bit clearer come the end of this week. 

2 minutes ago, whydowebother said:

I think Jack Ross will still be St Mirren manager next season.

Thanks for that... A number of others think the same

I also think someone will start other threads linking him with vacancies elsewhere ( probably not necessarily in football ffs )

Not unreasonable... Given Barnsley and now  Ipswich approaches and Jack being Manager of the Year at League and SPFL levels 

if someone can't find something to post about a guy in his position then they  never will. 

My verdict

Non story

Big story in St Mirren terms.... Whatever the outcome

2 hours ago, ITFCBlue said:

1 hour ago, ITFCBlue said:

As a few of us Town fans have mentioned, if Ross is on his alleged second interview this week, I imagine your Chairman and Ross would want a fairly swift decision. Again, as I said yesterday, I can't imagine Ross coming for a second interview, only to be told 'cheers for that, but can you wait 3 weeks for a decision because I want to talk to Shrewsbury and Paul Hurst as well'. Just seems strange that Ross would be on a second interview 2/3 weeks before we 'might' even get the chance to talk to Hurst first time around.

Still, never mind, i'm sure it might be a bit clearer come the end of this week. 

The world loves a trier.

Who are ye....

Edited by pod

Thought he would be off if offered the job it would be really hard to knock back that kind of financial security, well at least it looks like we can now move on with our own team starting with a new boss man. Thanks Jack for turning this club around and getting us back to  a place many of us didn't think we would be for a good while with the way things were going.

Just now, gilberto said:
5 minutes ago, Kemp said:
He was pish against Premier League teams anyway.  It's for the best.

Haha. Good work; let's put a positive spin on this. He also isn't very good looking and he talks rubbish. Boo Jack Ross

At least we won't have to see any more of those snazzy jackets......

See the source image

3 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Yeah he was the best of the up&comers at the time and as I showed by doing a search you were happy with the appointment when it was announced.

Colin stick your money on Robbie Neilson from what I have heard it's a stick on from someone who has never been wrong yet. It all adds up also Jack worked under Robbie and has said training methods are quite similar , his old man is a St Mirren supporter he should never have left Hearts never mind our gain if we can get him.

Hopkin has done a fantastic job with the tools he has getting the best out of them also  played at a high level but Robbie is the name at the top of the list.