Ipswich Town - Permission to Speak with Jack Ross

So forum chums.....I have been enjoying the sunshine of late and of course missing the football greatly.  As such I have a coupon like a well skelped arse and an emptiness in my soul, particularly on a Saturday.  In essence I have not been wasting my time obsessing about this saga.

However, after a brief scan of the old forum I am somewhat alarmed that something may be happening today......are we expecting an announcement today?.......Is this £300k compensation rumour probable guff or indeed information leaked from our loose lipped directors?.......Will Mr Ross be Jacking off?  Is Ipswich a nice place? 

Today I shall lurk the forum in anticipation, lurk the forum indeed.

7 minutes ago, TediousTom said:

So forum chums.....I have been enjoying the sunshine of late and of course missing the football greatly.  As such I have a coupon like a well skelped arse and an emptiness in my soul, particularly on a Saturday.  In essence I have not been wasting my time obsessing about this saga.

However, after a brief scan of the old forum I am somewhat alarmed that something may be happening today......are we expecting an announcement today?.......Is this £300k compensation rumour probable guff or indeed information leaked from our loose lipped directors?.......Will Mr Ross be Jacking off?  Is Ipswich a nice place

Today I shall lurk the forum in anticipation, lurk the forum indeed.

Only if your a well payed manager.

7 minutes ago, ITFCBlue said:

Where have you heard that? 

It's doing the rounds up here , along with rumours that other clubs are trying to beat Ipswich to get him !

Edited by billyg

18 minutes ago, ITFCBlue said:

Would not surprise me one bit if we was dithering around only to then lose out on Ross! 

If Jack feels right with your chairman he will sign that is one of his key factors. Also he will go through the contract with a fine tooth comb. Word up here was that the anouncment would be Weekend/ Monday. 

3 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

If Jack feels right with your chairman he will sign that is one of his key factors. Also he will go through the contract with a fine tooth comb. Word up here was that the anouncment would be Weekend/ Monday. 

Cheers. I think the one thing our chairman has is that, whilst we may not have a shed load of cash, you'll certainly get time to build something here, which Ross seems to fit the criteria. With regards to dithering, I just mean that in the past, we've had plenty of players at the club, with the pen literally in their hand to sign the contract, only for us to miss out on them - Charlie Austin is a prime example. 

Suppose we'll have to see how the weekend goes!

14 minutes ago, Stu said:

Are the rumours about other clubs wanting Ross based on anything more than some random Twitter account that was created yesterday linking him with Derby?

Derby weren't mentioned in the story I heard !

29 minutes ago, ITFCBlue said:

Cheers. I think the one thing our chairman has is that, whilst we may not have a shed load of cash, you'll certainly get time to build something here, which Ross seems to fit the criteria. With regards to dithering, I just mean that in the past, we've had plenty of players at the club, with the pen literally in their hand to sign the contract, only for us to miss out on them - Charlie Austin is a prime example. 

But what if Ipswich have a bad season and are sitting in the relegation zone in January ? Do you still think he will be given time to build?

Just now, linwood buddie said:

But what if Ipswich have a bad season and are sitting in the relegation zone in January ? Do you still think he will be given time to build?

Yes, I do. Paul Jewell had us sitting rock bottom of the division on 7 points before Mick came in, and he had to resign because Evans didn't want to sack him. 

55 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

50 minutes ago, ITFCBlue said:

Wouldn't listen to a word that IOBS posts. He listens to the voices in his head.