Ipswich Town - Permission to Speak with Jack Ross

8 minutes ago, MenstrieSaint said:

I,m disappointed with the timescale from when Ipswich first interviewed Jack Ross until when they wanted to let him know whether or not he was successful , which may have effected our own recruitment process . 

That's not their problem. They went through the proper channels - we're all just very frustrated as we're waiting around to see who is in charge next season. One signing in yesterday and another by the end of the week will ease our frustration that we're being left behind on the player front.

2 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Based on? 

The fact that he and another (Lampard)  has had 2 interviews but no job offer …  if he was who they wanted, he would be there or it would be announced... but it is still open.

However, they are obviously waiting on Hurst - who as yet is not finished for the season - they did say they expected to make a decision by the 27th. Which co-incidentally is when Shrewsbury's season is officially over - it would not be ethically right to do anything before that with Hurst..

If Ross was their No. 1, they could have had him signed for over a week already and get him on much cheaper terms.. and get him to started relocating his family and getting his plans for the squad moving etc. (There is no advantage to wanting Ross as their No. 1 but delaying for 2 weeks) And Ross having a holiday would not be a problem....

So you tell me why haven't they signed Ross already?

Whatever you say, #thichasfcuk.

Have you worked out what question marks are used for, yet? I'll give you a clue, I just used one there.

Now, stop stalking me ya weirdo.

Have you worked out yet how the national debt is funded!

Now get back to your StuD obsession, creep?

15 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

The fact that he and another (Lampard)  has had 2 interviews but no job offer …  if he was who they wanted, he would be there or it would be announced... but it is still open.

However, they are obviously waiting on Hurst - who as yet is not finished for the season - they did say they expected to make a decision by the 27th. Which co-incidentally is when Shrewsbury's season is officially over - it would not be ethically right to do anything before that with Hurst..

If Ross was their No. 1, they could have had him signed for over a week already and get him on much cheaper terms.. and get him to started relocating his family and getting his plans for the squad moving etc. (There is no advantage to wanting Ross as their No. 1 but delaying for 2 weeks) And Ross having a holiday would not be a problem....

So you tell me why haven't they signed Ross already?

Because they're in no rush and want to make the correct decison. they want to hear what Hurst has to say and make an informed decison on both candates. Saying they want Hurst more is only speculation and is based on nothing. He isn't available to talk right now it doesn't mean he's their number one. However in saying that, it looks like Ipswich have shot themselves in the foot by holding off. Very likely it'll be Hurst or back to the drawing board now. 

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

Because they're in no rush and want to make the correct decison. they want to hear what Hurst has to say and make an informed decison on both candates. Saying they want Hurst more is only speculation and is based on nothing. He isn't available to talk right now it doesn't mean he's their number one. However in saying that, it looks like Ipswich have shot themselves in the foot by holding off. Very likely it'll be Hurst or back to the drawing board now. 

You have answered your own dilemma - If Ross had been a serious consideration - why would they jeopardise it? (Unless the want to hear from their primary choice and are willing to jeopardise it.)

And if Ross is going to Sunderland - why would he take that very high risk job rather than wait for the one at Ipswich in a higher league, with in many ways lower expectation initially - i.e. if Ipswich finished any higher than 12th (where they finished this season)  it would be seen as generally positive and his squad would still be in transition - if Sunderland finish any lower than 2nd, perhaps even not 1st,  it would be seen as a failure and he could well be sacked - (even worse a bad start and he could be away tout suite - Ipswich are more likely to be a bit more patient).

Being in no rush I don't think so - ok speed is not the primary concern, but the quicker things get sorted the more time there is for getting to know the new club and staff, planning, building a squad, putting in place the things that need to be in place and getting them up to speed with what the manager wants - so speed is secondary but an important issue too...

4 minutes ago, Oldfellow said:

I'm too old and mature for that. I'll just enjoy a good moan if you don't mind. Have you finished your homework yet

Yes.

It's on punctuation.

You should try it some time at the end of questions.:wink:

Edited by FTOF

10 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

You really are a totally thick c**t.  Again, the whole point is that it was a f**kING QUESTION, not a statement, hence the reason that it had a question mark at the end of it.  Your Wishy Wife proved it when he quoted the post while attempting to slag me, while only succeeding in making you and himself look like twats by showing up your inability to understand basic punctuation and simple English.

I'm not going to comment on the exclamation and question marks above, apart from saying that it was noticed, as you would only claim that it was deliberate - which it probably wasn't going by your history.

#thichasfcuk

My girlfriends daughter asked me is there was such a word as "floss". I said yes there was. She asked if it was spelt F-L-O-Z. "No", I told her, "it's floss". "Are you sure", she said, "I'm sure I've seen it written on jugs". 

She was asking a question - a stupid one that made her feel foolish. It doesn't matter if you were asking a question or making a statement, it still showed you up as utterly clueless. No wonder Zico still laughs at you. :lol::lol::lol: