Anyone But Hopkin

Lord Pityme

Goody pulled out

Lambert pulled out

Hopkin wanted by Shrews & Livi (looks like shrews)

Neilson seemed to question realistic expectations - v - budget available

Duffy (possibly only outsider) questioned budget too

McIntyre - no real steer yet if a contender

add to the above Ross left, it would seem very soon after finding out what he would be working with next season!

it would appear the job of saints manager, as its being presented to potential candidates is not the great opportunity we think it should be to stake a claim in the Premiership??? We're running out of decent candidates.

11 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Goody pulled out

Lambert pulled out

add to the above Ross left, it would seem very soon after finding out what he would be working with next season!

it would appear the job of saints manager, as its being presented to potential candidates is not the great opportunity we think it should be to stake a claim in the Premiership??? We're running out of decent candidates.

Those left in the frame are not too shabby and others may emerge. Prospective managers who don't question our commitment should jog on past.  

Ross should have done a Goodwin.

Showed loyalty and remained with us for another Season, at least.

A year in the Premiership would have have done Ross no harm.

Cant wait for Goodwin to be Manager of our Club, in the future.

Legend

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Goody pulled out

Lambert pulled out

How would Duffy know what our budget would be?

1 minute ago, cockles1987 said:

Am I missing something, doesn't everyone ask if they havent already been told what finances they are going to have/get in a new job/role.

Or is someone just at the usual shit stirring against the club?

If they didn't ask the question I'd be more worried.

Might also wait on ST sales to see if they can add to the budgets?

43 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

Am I missing something, doesn't everyone ask if they havent already been told what finances they are going to have/get in a new job/role.

Or is someone just at the usual shit stirring against the club?

If they didn't ask the question I'd be more worried.

You are being super-selctive in your comments there.  It's not raising the question but how you deal with the answer that is important.

Thus far, with several people ruled out on financial or other grounds, it's not gone well. 

I thought we were boosting our turnover by 100% to ensure continued top league status?  How has that gone?

1 hour ago, linwood buddie said:

Might also wait on ST sales to see if they can add to the budgets?

I think (and sales to date back this up) that waiting for ST sales is a Catch 22 position. Thete will be a fair few buddies waiting to see who tne new manager is, and hoping for a couple of quick signings to fire them up. There will be a few buds who are undecided for a number of reasons, main one being 'will it be a turgid seasin in comparison to the one just gone?'

there will also be a few not renewing after finding out they will be papped out the family stand and be looking at a shitty/less attractive/different each time seats, each time the bigots come calling. Its a bit of a perfect storm really until the calmer waters hove into view. Theres no right time imo, but the board's decision to throw families out their seats to accomodation sectarianism, closely followed by Ross leaving, losing out of contract players/Ross maybe poaching players and perhaps a new manager that leaves some underwhelmed, is most definitely the wrong time... if your looking to sell ST's above and beyond last season.

just my opinion mind..!

13 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

I think (and sales to date back this up) that waiting for ST sales is a Catch 22 position. Thete will be a fair few buddies waiting to see who tne new manager is, and hoping for a couple of quick signings to fire them up. There will be a few buds who are undecided for a number of reasons, main one being 'will it be a turgid seasin in comparison to the one just gone?'

there will also be a few not renewing after finding out they will be papped out the family stand and be looking at a shitty/less attractive/different each time seats, each time the bigots come calling. Its a bit of a perfect storm really until the calmer waters hove into view. Theres no right time imo, but the board's decision to throw families out their seats to accomodation sectarianism, closely followed by Ross leaving, losing out of contract players/Ross maybe poaching players and perhaps a new manager that leaves some underwhelmed, is most definitely the wrong time... if your looking to sell ST's above and beyond last season.

just my opinion mind..!

My comment was in general and not only relating to us , read before that our player budget gets a boost from ST sales and that was probably why we were always signing players so late.

3 minutes ago, linwood buddie said:

My comment was in general and not only relating to us , read before that our player budget gets a boost from ST sales and that was probably why we were always signing players so late.

My point was, that boost might not come this season. Its all hinging on who the new manager is, and who he can bring in to inspire ST sales? 

24 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

You know; you are a miserable bast""d. 

Just my opinion mind..!

9 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

So you've come into the section of the forum where people who chuck abuse around are supposed to be confined to, just to... well chuck abuse around..?

well done you!

I choose to graze my way around many threads within the forum as indeed you do also, I comment on whatever I have a view on, sometimes relevant; sometime  not, my opinions are no more valid that that of anyone else and whilst many of your posts have elements within them with which I and others no doubt agree with; it's your consistent miserable glass half-empty attitude that irritates me. Your latest ''rant' seems to be regarding ; as you put it 'the (debacle over kicking families and kids out of seats for the 'sectarian sisters')  again many may agree with you which is fine but they don't witter on like a spoiled child who seems to think if they repeat something often enough and long enough it will gain credence.  Your a big boy now and I had a little dig at you.  Suck it up and move on.

38 minutes ago, jaybee said:

I choose to graze my way around many threads within the forum as indeed you do also, I comment on whatever I have a view on, sometimes relevant; sometime  not, my opinions are no more valid that that of anyone else and whilst many of your posts have elements within them with which I and others no doubt agree with; it's your consistent miserable glass half-empty attitude that irritates me. Your latest ''rant' seems to be regarding ; as you put it 'the (debacle over kicking families and kids out of seats for the 'sectarian sisters')  again many may agree with you which is fine but they don't witter on like a spoiled child who seems to think if they repeat something often enough and long enough it will gain credence.  Your a big boy now and I had a little dig at you.  Suck it up and move on.

Well done again!

9 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Goody pulled out

Lambert pulled out

So is that between McIntyre and perhaps Duffy noo..? Jesus wept,