Anyone But Hopkin

Lord Pityme

Just now, Lord Pityme said:

So is that between McIntyre and perhaps Duffy noo..? Jesus wept,

I am currently in Largs signing up for my coaching badges and should be available if need be. My plan is to keep Gavin, sign Sibbald, Holt and Templeton on morning of day 1 then down to the canteen for lunch. 

27 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

So is that between McIntyre and perhaps Duffy noo..? Jesus wept,

McIntyre would be a decent appointment and is my choice for the role.  As for Duffy no thanks, yesterday’s man.

3 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

No doubt he has proven to be a competent manager, Could you stomach Dodds though as his sidekick? Bit like Johnston with Clark...

If Duffy is the only other option then yes I could handle it.

55 minutes ago, magnus said:

I am currently in Largs signing up for my coaching badges and should be available if need be. My plan is to keep Gavin, sign Sibbald, Holt and Templeton on morning of day 1 then down to the canteen for lunch. 

You are sacked Magnus.  Sibbald has signed for Livingston. 

19 minutes ago, saintnextlifetime said:

I feel that McIntyre is also yesterday's man , been there done that etc. .

You may well be right but he does have recent Premiership experience and will have good connections I’d imagine.

11 minutes ago, saintnextlifetime said:

Can't disagree with that but he also got them relegated or to put it another way , he was in charge when they got relegated -it was his watch. .

He was sacked fairly early on in the campaign so can’t be called on to take all the blame, the appointment of Owen Coyle was a big mistake.

1 hour ago, munoz said:

That and at least another 30 applicants.  Plenty of time .

8001090268679_T1.jpeg

Now needed in the New Manager thread, it’s like Diana’s funeral in there with the outpourings of grief due to Craig Sibbald (no me neither) joining Livingston.:rolleyes:

2 hours ago, scottd said:

He was sacked fairly early on in the campaign so can’t be called on to take all the blame, the appointment of Owen Coyle was a big mistake.

And who would have guessed Coyle would be so bad. Did Sir Thommo not think he was a brilliant manager? Shows it's always a gamble.

On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 2:23 PM, jaybee said:

I choose to graze my way around many threads within the forum as indeed you do also, I comment on whatever I have a view on, sometimes relevant; sometime  not, my opinions are no more valid that that of anyone else and whilst many of your posts have elements within them with which I and others no doubt agree with; it's your consistent miserable glass half-empty attitude that irritates me. Your latest ''rant' seems to be regarding ; as you put it 'the (debacle over kicking families and kids out of seats for the 'sectarian sisters')  again many may agree with you which is fine but they don't witter on like a spoiled child who seems to think if they repeat something often enough and long enough it will gain credence.  Your a big boy now and I had a little dig at you.  Suck it up and move on.

Feck me, they love it, absolutely love it.  When faced with the choice of "ignore" or "sniff out relentlessly like a like a drug-sniffing spaniel and then bang on relentlessly in vicarious/concocted outrage they invariably opt for the latter.

ou feckers are hilarious.

Hopkin has left Livingston. 
Could be heading our way. 
Although, he is probably going down South. 

He’s left Livi cos the assistant manager wouldn’t give him a pay rise to continue his job as media figurehead.

1 hour ago, zico said:

He’s left Livi cos the assistant manager wouldn’t give him a pay rise to continue his job as media figurehead.

Let's go get the Assistant Manager. 

subject to the Main Forums approval

Edited by shull

From a convicted scumbag to leading Saints to Premiership glory.

What a story thay would be.

That would an outstanding turnaround in somebody's life.

Go for it

Give him a chance

Bit of an update on where we are with potential manager, and players.

the reason Neilson, Goodwin, Hopkin and seemingly Lambert (yes the coversation took place) have all shyed away from the job is because of the expectations expressed by the board to be Top Six next season (presumably with cheap termination option in contract if not achieved).

now you may feel its only right and proper to have a 'Stretch' target to aim for? However what the board are insisting the new man signs up to is to displace either Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs or Killie..! And the board expects the new man to do that by being ahead of Motherwell, St Johnstone, Dundee, Livi And Hamilton. All to be achieved with the second lowest budget in the league!!!

add to that at present we dont have a team, we have signed(with the greatest respect) an english non league bloke who is an unknown quantity, and Paul McGinn who lets say hasnt set the heather ablaze with news of his signing.

Halkett, and O'Ware, along with Holt  are/were poised to sign, but then Ross went, and they are considering their options, as the new guy might not fancy them? If the board go ahead and can get them, what is the new guy going to think his role actually is?

Reilly, as you know hadnt signed up, he is looking to his families future and Barnet (non league again).. ffs are keen on offering him £5k A Week! To help get them back in the league.

as if things couldnt get crazier the club have been picking Ross's brain this week regarding who to approach next as panic stations have set in. And all this with the additional belief of more than one board member that we could do a Leicester next season!!!

shit they must have been one lucky board when Ross's appointment panned out so well, that luck seems along way off today!

edit: i am sure its been talked about elsewhere, Ross wants Morgan on a year loan, but he will have to have SAFC flying before end of August before Rodgers will sanction it (he doesnt want him going to kick around the bottom of that league)  and of course it will depend on Morgan cracking, or not the first team squad at Shellic.

Edited by Lord Pityme