Anyone But Hopkin

Lord Pityme

LPM. I have to be honest and say that I don't know where you are getting your information from. Some of it sounds plausible though.  I think top 7 or 8 is where we belong in terms of likely resources and crowd sizes. Above that is not impossible but unlikely in the first season. The type and length of contract though might be an issue for some. Said elsewhere that any manager coming in will need at least 3 transfer windows to finish up with what he needs, in his opinion,  to reach a stage where competing for a top six place on a regular basis becomes a realisable ambition.

11 hours ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

Lord please bestow some sanity on our board and guide them to avoid appointing this neck-less wonder. Amen...

plus he's gonna be busy walking up and down streets in Scotland & Norn Iron for the next few weeks when he should be scouting!

22 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

LPM. I have to be honest and say that I don't know where you are getting your information from. Some of it sounds plausible though.  I think top 7 or 8 is where we belong in terms of likely resources and crowd sizes. Above that is not impossible but unlikely in the first season. The type and length of contract though might be an issue for some. Said elsewhere that any manager coming in will need at least 3 transfer windows to finish up with what he needs, in his opinion,  to reach a stage where competing for a top six place on a regular basis becomes a realisable ambition.

Yes Ricky..... when LPM starts with an update....translated.....it is another one of his fantastises that he is the Chairman. All powerful and superbly connected. I could give you several paragraphs on how i think Brexit will work out or even give you the 6 winning lottery numbers for today. I could be right. But in all liklihood its a guess. Actually i do have the winning ticket for next wed. And i will make known my plans to invest 10m into Saints shortly......watch this space..........cadet:P 

13 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Yes Ricky..... when LPM starts with an update....translated.....it is another one of his fantastises that he is the Chairman. All powerful and superbly connected. I could give you several paragraphs on how i think Brexit will work out or even give you the 6 winning lottery numbers for today. I could be right. But in all liklihood its a guess. Actually i do have the winning ticket for next wed. And i will make known my plans to invest 10m into Saints shortly......watch this space..........cadet:P 

All candidate feedback

On 6/1/2018 at 11:56 AM, Lord Pityme said:

Bit of an update on where we are with potential manager, and players.

the reason Neilson, Goodwin, Hopkin and seemingly Lambert (yes the coversation took place) have all shyed away from the job is because of the expectations expressed by the board to be Top Six next season (presumably with cheap termination option in contract if not achieved).

now you may feel its only right and proper to have a 'Stretch' target to aim for? However what the board are insisting the new man signs up to is to displace either Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs or Killie..! And the board expects the new man to do that by being ahead of Motherwell, St Johnstone, Dundee, Livi And Hamilton. All to be achieved with the second lowest budget in the league!!!

add to that at present we dont have a team, we have signed(with the greatest respect) an english non league bloke who is an unknown quantity, and Paul McGinn who lets say hasnt set the heather ablaze with news of his signing.

Halkett, and O'Ware, along with Holt  are/were poised to sign, but then Ross went, and they are considering their options, as the new guy might not fancy them? If the board go ahead and can get them, what is the new guy going to think his role actually is?

Reilly, as you know hadnt signed up, he is looking to his families future and Barnet (non league again).. ffs are keen on offering him £5k A Week! To help get them back in the league.

as if things couldnt get crazier the club have been picking Ross's brain this week regarding who to approach next as panic stations have set in. And all this with the additional belief of more than one board member that we could do a Leicester next season!!!

shit they must have been one lucky board when Ross's appointment panned out so well, that luck seems along way off today!

edit: i am sure its been talked about elsewhere, Ross wants Morgan on a year loan, but he will have to have SAFC flying before end of August before Rodgers will sanction it (he doesnt want him going to kick around the bottom of that league)  and of course it will depend on Morgan cracking, or not the first team squad at Shellic.

That us missed out on O' Ware (varying views on that) and we'll miss out on Halkett too when someone else snaps him up, or if Livi appoint a manager before us. Thats two championship players of the year we could have signed in much needed positions in our defence.

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

That us missed out on O' Ware (varying views on that) and we'll miss out on Halkett too when someone else snaps him up, or if Livi appoint a manager before us. Thats two championship players of the year we could have signed in much needed positions in our defence.

In order to miss out on something, surely you have to be interested in that something in the first place?

Can’t say I’m too worried if O’Ware joins someone else.  Championship player at best, would like us to sign Halkett though.  Also can’t understand the panic from some of our fans when random players sign for other clubs, maybe it is just the default setting for some folks.

3 hours ago, munoz said:

In order to miss out on something, surely you have to be interested in that something in the first place?

We were Ross had him lined up.

2 hours ago, scottd said:

Can’t say I’m too worried if O’Ware joins someone else.  Championship player at best, would like us to sign Halkett though.  Also can’t understand the panic from some of our fans when random players sign for other clubs, maybe it is just the default setting for some folks.

No panic Scott, just stating players who are good enough for the prem, in our budget, and we had lined up are turning to other clubs. If we miss Halkett as well thats two, imo very good players we could have signed. So we will have to look elsewhere, might be more costly, and less reliable?

look how long it took to get Davis, Baird and McKenzie at our disposal. Now i feel McKenzie wont be up to a regular start in the Prem, and Baird is still prone to drops in form. We'll miss Davis even though he only managed two thirds of the season!

8 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Dont envy that Guti lad's weighty decision..! 

"Who do i throw my hat in the ring to manage..? St Mirren, or Real Madrid..? Hmmm i think without having Tony F on the board i will plump for Madrid... expectations are more realistic"

LPM. Correct me if I am wrong as I know you will but we're you not one of the posters who have been castigating prospective managers who have had the temerity to ask the obvious questions regarding resources as ones with no drive or ambition and / or looking for ready made excuses should they "fail".?

9 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

LPM. Correct me if I am wrong as I know you will but we're you not one of the posters who have been castigating prospective managers who have had the temerity to ask the obvious questions regarding resources as ones with no drive or ambition and / or looking for ready made excuses should they "fail".?

No.

15 minutes ago, billyg said:

Thank the Lord O'Ware's signed up elsewhere ! If our ex manager was interested in him , thank the Lord he's away as well !

Why would one choose to remain in the Championship. Unless he was never invite to play in the Premiership.

On 6/1/2018 at 11:56 AM, Lord Pityme said:

Bit of an update on where we are with potential manager, and players.

the reason Neilson, Goodwin, Hopkin and seemingly Lambert (yes the coversation took place) have all shyed away from the job is because of the expectations expressed by the board to be Top Six next season (presumably with cheap termination option in contract if not achieved).

now you may feel its only right and proper to have a 'Stretch' target to aim for? However what the board are insisting the new man signs up to is to displace either Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs or Killie..! And the board expects the new man to do that by being ahead of Motherwell, St Johnstone, Dundee, Livi And Hamilton. All to be achieved with the second lowest budget in the league!!!

add to that at present we dont have a team, we have signed(with the greatest respect) an english non league bloke who is an unknown quantity, and Paul McGinn who lets say hasnt set the heather ablaze with news of his signing.

Halkett, and O'Ware, along with Holt  are/were poised to sign, but then Ross went, and they are considering their options, as the new guy might not fancy them? If the board go ahead and can get them, what is the new guy going to think his role actually is?

Reilly, as you know hadnt signed up, he is looking to his families future and Barnet (non league again).. ffs are keen on offering him £5k A Week! To help get them back in the league.

as if things couldnt get crazier the club have been picking Ross's brain this week regarding who to approach next as panic stations have set in. And all this with the additional belief of more than one board member that we could do a Leicester next season!!!

shit they must have been one lucky board when Ross's appointment panned out so well, that luck seems along way off today!

edit: i am sure its been talked about elsewhere, Ross wants Morgan on a year loan, but he will have to have SAFC flying before end of August before Rodgers will sanction it (he doesnt want him going to kick around the bottom of that league)  and of course it will depend on Morgan cracking, or not the first team squad at Shellic.

Now Neilson has officially pulled out of the running (as this poster told you) time to look at who is still in the frame, and who we fancy.

as we know it Kearney, McIntyre, McCoist, Caldwell, Stubbs and Possibly Guti are due to be interviewed with a curve ball name Larsson perhaps a goer or a bluff?

For me Caldwell and Stubbs offer little, i fear if either of those two were picked we would be subjected to watching them and the team die a 1000 slow lingering deaths. McIntyre is a decent shout, Kearney could be a diamond in the rough?

I, along with I would imagine, a number of fans would have deep reservations about bringing Aunt Sally. However imagine the seethe if it was him, and we could inflict a defeat on either Sevco, or their green bigot mates, or indeed both!

if he comes with McDowall thats a very decent prospect. The one that has me thinking the most is Guti... probably like me most think theres no chance, but if the guy is genuine? Along with being a football legend, a proven coach of youth and prepared to walk away from a very comy billet at Real Madrid, to take wind swept, pissing it down multiple training sessions at Ralston, then I would have him in a hearbeat!

he is displaying a real hunger to come here, on a lot less money, with a much smaller backroom team, and prepared to put himself front & centre in a totally different football landscape! I like that, even if its for one good season (make sure his compo clause is f**king astronomical) i would say "It's All Guti"....