Anyone But Hopkin

Lord Pityme

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

Now Neilson has officially pulled out of the running (as this poster told you) time to look at who is still in the frame, and who we fancy.

as we know it Kearney, McIntyre, McCoist, Caldwell, Stubbs and Possibly Guti are due to be interviewed with a curve ball name Larsson perhaps a goer or a bluff?

For me Caldwell and Stubbs offer little, i fear if either of those two were picked we would be subjected to watching them and the team die a 1000 slow lingering deaths. McIntyre is a decent shout, Kearney could be a diamond in the rough?

I, along with I would imagine, a number of fans would have deep reservations about bringing Aunt Sally. However imagine the seethe if it was him, and we could inflict a defeat on either Sevco, or their green bigot mates, or indeed both!

if he comes with McDowall thats a very decent prospect. The one that has me thinking the most is Guti... probably like me most think theres no chance, but if the guy is genuine? Along with being a football legend, a proven coach of youth and prepared to walk away from a very comy billet at Real Madrid, to take wind swept, pissing it down multiple training sessions at Ralston, then I would have him in a hearbeat!

he is displaying a real hunger to come here, on a lot less money, with a much smaller backroom team, and prepared to put himself front & centre in a totally different football landscape! I like that, even if its for one good season (make sure his compo clause is f**king astronomical) i would say "It's All Guti"....

Dont understand all the fawning over McIntyre. 

He was terrible at County and was bailed out umpteen times by Uncle Roy. 

3 minutes ago, RossCSmfc said:

Dont understand all the fawning over McIntyre. 

He was terrible at County and was bailed out umpteen times by Uncle Roy. 

All about opinions!

uncle Roy has indicated more than once he regrets canning McIntyre & Dodds when he did.  They were County's best chance of staying up, and won them a trophy... yes County won a real cup!

Anyone else get the feeling the selection/interview process has been drawn out a day or two longer than need be to accomodate Hopkin coming back from his Holi-Bobs..?

T.I.S. This Is St Mirren.... from the excitement of multiple champions league winning candidates, to the slowly deflating ballon reality that the next guy will be cheap, and not outshine the board.

prove me wrong lets get the FGF 'Feel Guti Factor' back around the club.

6 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Anyone else get the feeling the selection/interview process has been drawn out a day or two longer than need be to accomodate Hopkin coming back from his Holi-Bobs..?

T.I.S. This Is St Mirren.... from the excitement of multiple champions league winning candidates, to the slowly deflating ballon reality that the next guy will be cheap, and not outshine the board.

prove me wrong lets get the FGF 'Feel Guti Factor' back around the club.

This....

how very small minded, depressing and underwhelming T.I.S. i expect we will now hire someone who's been sacked for being pish elsewhere, because their cheap and can start Monday!

the funniest/stupidest comments on Scott's sky sports interview are the one suggesting "it wouldnt be practical for a Guti or Kluivert to uproot their family to come to Paisley" aye suppose, but i did think these guys were used to pitching up almost anywhere in the world to do their job, and their families have been used to it for years. Sounds more like "we're no paying for their digs"

and the second absolute peach.... "aye it might be great for the support, scottish football and St mirren, but its unlikely " so something/someone that might be all those things to all those people is apparently a bad thing? Is Trump writing his media statements now?

Edited by Lord Pityme