Bye Harry , thanks for the memories

I'd a similar thought, but also that Jack's future uncertainty might impact upon further renewals and signings [emoji20] 

Yip think if Jack goes others will leave and others not so keen to sign nor get calibre player in we would get if Jack still manager.

Just now, bender rodriguez said:

getting a bit worried now morgan away davis away jack ross possibly away going to be an interesting if not scary close season 

What keeps me calm is that I trust the chairman and his board. I trust them to make the right decision when we replace Jack, which looks more and more like happening this season. I think they'll have a replacement lined up, and won't let this kind of situation drag on too long.

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

The first major blow and the next ladies and gentlemen well you know that one. Reilly just had a baby so he will be looking for the best deal on the table. 

I think Reilly might be concerned he won't be first choice next season, with Mullen growing into his role, and another striker almost certainly coming in...

He will also be keeping his options open, but I think we'll want him to commit sooner rather than later to give us time to get our squad together for next season.

I'm still of the opinion that Jack will be calling the shots and making plans, as he is nowhere near leaving and will be the epitome of professionalism while here, as he has been since he arrived.

2 hours ago, madball said:

I'd a similar thought, but also that Jack's future uncertainty might impact upon further renewals and signings :( 

Harry isn't good enough for the championship down there imo. He will get more money in League 1 though, and I wish him all the best - did what was needed for us and will always be welcome back.

A bit of a blow, as you could see that he read the game very well and he did steady our defence somewhat when he came in. For that I am extremely grateful to him and wish him all the best.

However, and it's only my opinion, I thought he was a bit too easily bullied, particularly in the air, by more physical players, of the type we're going to have to cope with in every game in the top league.

Edited by FTOF

3 minutes ago, FTOF said:

A bit of a blow, as you could see that he read the game very well and he did steady our defence somewhat when he came in. For that I am extremely grateful to him and wish him all the best.

However, and it's only my opinion, I thought he was a bit too easily bullied, particularly in the air, by more physical players, of the type we're going to have to cope with in every game in the top league.

Aye, that pretty much sums up my assessment.  Good player, but I always felt there was a bit of fragility there.

Guest TPAFKATS
Good luck to him. He had been excellent for us and put in his all.
Harry, if you read this, go sign for Plymouth Argyle. Then tell Sonny Bradley to come join Saints.
If he wants to be closer to home he'd be better staying here than Plymouth [emoji3]

Guest TPAFKATS
Yeah, our best central defender but probably the weakest in the air due to his height.
Great player for us, had a great couple of half seasons. All the best, unless he signs for a team north of Preston.

Just like Stelios , Davis has more than played his part in our resurgence in the past 18 months. Sorry to see him go and like all of the players from this period, will be remembered for years to come. All the best Harry and thanks for the memories.

On 5/11/2018 at 3:17 PM, santaponsasaint said:

Absolutely gutted to hear Davis is leaving. A real classy player for us. But he has a young family and they have to come first. Thanks Harry you'll always be a Saints legend. Coys

around 30 games does not a legend make.

Better than the average player in the championship, hard but not impossible to replace 

we had better players in other positions last year and some of those are still saints-I'm more concerned about their future.

Edited by beyond our ken

28 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

around 30 games does not a legend make.

Better than the average player in the championship, hard but not impossible to replace 

Aye, tend to agree with that (ya f**king prick!).

6 hours ago, FTOF said:

Perhaps 'bullied' isn't the word I'd choose but I certainly felt there was a bit of hesitancy in challenging for headers in his game, perhaps a bit of a mental block in jumping that was remaining from the injury, even though he didn't actually do it challenging for a high ball.

However, his excellent reading of a game covered for this 95% of the time to the point where it would have been really nitpicking to point out.

49 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Perhaps 'bullied' isn't the word I'd choose but I certainly felt there was a bit of hesitancy in challenging for headers in his game, perhaps a bit of a mental block in jumping that was remaining from the injury, even though he didn't actually do it challenging for a high ball.

However, his excellent reading of a game covered for this 95% of the time to the point where it would have been really nitpicking to point out.

Excellent post DJ.

Although it would seem that we've got a rancid infestation following our posts.:wink: 

11 hours ago, HSS said:

I honestly thought we'd get another season out of the Big Man.Great player who strolled thru games up here,I'll follow his progress in the game.

Cheers Harry :guinness

He will need to get himself a pair of boots for next season as he pretty much strolled through games in his slippers smoking a pipe once he got fit.

Disappointed the Harry didn't feel he could stay. I too was sure he mentioned him and his family being happy up here. As to a replacement. Although we've moved up a league I'm not sure Jack felt he could get better as he signed Davis while he was injured and out for a few months. A lot of work to be done close season.

I'm over him already.

They come, they go.  We gave the guy a chance to prove himself when he got into difficult circumstances all by himself and he did OK.  he then got hurt and got the guarantee of good quality game time in a good team when he wasn't guaranteed to get fit again.  We were a winning team before he came, were a winning team in games where he wasn't able to play on plastic and we will be a wining team (sometimes) in our premiership reincarnation.

On balance, he owes us somewhat more than we owe him, but he saw it differently and i won't argue.  We all look to the future.

Edited by beyond our ken

I'm over him already.

They come, they go.  We gave the guy a chance to prove himself when he got into difficult circumstances all by himself and he did OK.  he then got hurt and got the guarantee of good quality game time in a good team when he wasn't guaranteed to get fit again.  We were a winning team before he came, were a winning team in games where he wasn't able to play on plastic and we will be a wining team (sometimes) in our premiership reincarnation.
On balance, he owes us somewhat more than we owe him, but he saw it differently and i won't argue.  We all look to the future.

What planet are you on ? “ We were a winning team before he came ??” Away and have a word wi yersel’
Do you remember the first part of last season ?
Harry Davis owes us hee-haw ! We helped him and he defo helped us . Job done
He was a cracking player who done a job for us and as far as I am concerned he leaves with the same good wishes as Lewis .