Bye Harry , thanks for the memories

21 hours ago, renfrew bud said:

Disappointed he's gone but his young family come 1st and wish him well. He was a big part in our success but didn't feel he reached the heights he did before his injury. However big boots to fill n not sure Thomas O'W is the one. 

You are right. His family come first. He fulfilled his part of the contract. He was very cool under pressure and had great positional sense. Not the tallest but a good centre back who would cope in the Premiership up here. 

What planet are you on ? “ We were a winning team before he came ??” Away and have a word wi yersel’
Do you remember the first part of last season ?
Harry Davis owes us hee-haw ! We helped him and he defo helped us . Job done
He was a cracking player who done a job for us and as far as I am concerned he leaves with the same good wishes as Lewis .
I think he was meaning we were winning games before he came back to fitness this season which we were.

We also won without him last season for what it was worth but he did play a big part in changing our form last season and steadying our defence this season.

23 hours ago, Ethan said:

Davis came out in the press to say he was happy here and was looking forward to being offered a new deal. What has changed? Manager leaving perhaps?

Possibly. Could be his family too though. Perhaps his other half wanted to go back to England. Perhaps he/she/both of them want their kids educated in England. Only Harry knows what the full reason was.

10 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Possibly. Could be his family too though. Perhaps his other half wanted to go back to England. Perhaps he/she/both of them want their kids educated in England. Only Harry knows what the full reason was.

Football is a fickle business. 

Saints supported Darren McGregor through long term injury but he chose to move on. 

3 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Football is a fickle business. 

Saints supported Darren McGregor through long term injury but he chose to move on. 

Two long term injuries as well IIRC. Then leaving us (an SPL side) to join Sevco in the Championship was the day I lost all respect for him. At least Harry has cited his reasons and aims to move back to his home country for these reasons, and he won't compete against us as a result either. No ill feelings on this one, fair enough reason behind it. I just hope we find an adequate replacement, Mack and Baird are decent but we need at least 1 CB of better quality, and possibly a second who's also better.

1 hour ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Mack and Baird are decent but we need at least 1 CB of better quality, and possibly a second who's also better.

That about sums it up for me , we need a high quality "sweeper" type like Harry , and they don't grow on trees ! I get the feeling that JR would have bust a gut to keep Harry had his own mind not been on other things too ! The thought of filling our squad up with failed SPL  journeymen is giving me the fear now !