Sin Bin Movie Thread

faraway saint

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Not exactly a movie but a night out anyway....................just booked us tickets for this play at the Dundee Rep later in May.

Age Recommendation: 14+ (Contains strong language, violence and themes of addiction)

Michelle, Pat, John (staff) and Harry (punter) spend their days in a rundown Edinburgh Bookies. One day things take an unexpected turn and Pat wonders if it’s odds-on he'll lose his job. Bad things happen to bad people they say; and as the tensions rise and accusations fly, the mystery deepens. Meanwhile, gambling addict Harry is convinced there is a ghost in the machine.  Dark forces are at work here but will the truth finally be revealed?

The world premiere of this black comedy will have you in stitches wondering who will win and who will lose. It’s a riveting new thriller where our four untrustworthy heroes are brought vividly to life by the acclaimed Dundee Rep Ensemble. Everyone keeps their cards close to their chest but things are not quite as they seem here in the Bookies so get ready for a night of secrets, lies and big surprises; in the end, it’s all or nothing.

The Bookies

• 2 months later...
On 4/22/2022 at 5:32 PM, faraway saint said:

Not exactly a movie but a night out anyway....................just booked us tickets for this play at the Dundee Rep later in May.

Age Recommendation: 14+ (Contains strong language, violence and themes of addiction)

Michelle, Pat, John (staff) and Harry (punter) spend their days in a rundown Edinburgh Bookies. One day things take an unexpected turn and Pat wonders if it’s odds-on he'll lose his job. Bad things happen to bad people they say; and as the tensions rise and accusations fly, the mystery deepens. Meanwhile, gambling addict Harry is convinced there is a ghost in the machine.  Dark forces are at work here but will the truth finally be revealed?

The world premiere of this black comedy will have you in stitches wondering who will win and who will lose. It’s a riveting new thriller where our four untrustworthy heroes are brought vividly to life by the acclaimed Dundee Rep Ensemble. Everyone keeps their cards close to their chest but things are not quite as they seem here in the Bookies so get ready for a night of secrets, lies and big surprises; in the end, it’s all or nothing.

The Bookies

Oh, I forgot to say, this was pish.

Anyhow, booked up to see Jurassic World on Tuesday night.

The final movie which is probably about right, been a great set of films but run it's course.

11 hours ago, faraway saint said:

The final movie which is probably about right, been a great set of films but run it's course.

Been really impressed with the actor Benedict Cumberbatch  watched one of his films last week on Prime I think..The Courier based on a true story during the cold war...  really good and well worth a watch 

Imitation Game was really good too...  true story 

On 2/15/2020 at 9:33 PM, faraway saint said:

Not greatly impressed.

Decent individual performance but, nah, not really my cup of tea,

Slow, never really maintained any interest, a couple of highlights, not quite what I was expecting.

6/10. 

Watched this again. An excellent little film. Lighthearted, good music, well acted. No masterpiece. I would give it 8/10.

On 7/3/2022 at 11:50 AM, faraway saint said:

Just back, stuck to the same formula but I really enjoyed it.

It won't win any Oscars but an enjoyable two and a half hours.

A good 8/10 for me, but I've enjoyed them all.

RIP Jurassic, it's been a blast.