Sin Bin Movie Thread

faraway saint

• 2 weeks later...

4 minutes ago, Rascal said:

Rewatched Lost in Translation. A masterpiece.

I am obviously a Philistine as it was greatly praised at the time and I think it won best film Oscar, but I thought it was one of the most boring films I have ever seen. A couple of hours where nothing much happened.

Oh well, I am glad you enjoyed it. Each to his own.......

1 minute ago, ianmac said:

I am obviously a Philistine as it was greatly praised at the time and I think it won best film Oscar, but I thought it was one of the most boring films I have ever seen. A couple of hours where nothing much happened.

Oh well, I am glad you enjoyed it. Each to his own.......

Ianmac. You are not alone. First time I watched it was in Copenhagen. A pal went with me to see it and thought it terrible! When he mentioned the film to his son- his son said Great Film. A love or hate I think 

Downloaded "Luck" yesterday for the forthcoming family trip to Aberdeenshire. 

Heard a few clips at work the other day, one of the animation films that sounds as if it's got humour for adults as well as the kids.

The granddaughters, two at 12 one at 16 aren't exactly children anymore, I need to work hard to find a movie that will interest them. :lol:

22 hours ago, Rascal said:

Amazon has a number of good offerings on the go. They seem to pick up quirky films that weren’t big box office but are a good watch. “Waking Ned” is one of those. Won’t ever win any awards. A gentle comedy set in Ireland around a lottery win.

2 minutes ago, Rascal said:

Try Waking Ted. Set in Ireland. The story covers a lottery win which has unusual consequences. Comedy

Is there an echo in here, or is it just in your empty head? 🤡

54 minutes ago, eastlandssaint said:

Oh aye, looks good, downloading it right now, could be tomorrow night's main event. :thumbs2

Just finished downloading, not a good copy, will wait a wee while and get a better copy another time. 

Probably too soon for a decent copy to be available. :(

Trying another source............................

Edited by faraway saint

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Oh aye, looks good, downloading it right now, could be tomorrow night's main event. :thumbs2

Just finished downloading, not a good copy, will wait a wee while and get a better copy another time. 

Probably too soon for a decent copy to be available. :(

Trying another source............................

@eastlandssaint

Other copy pretty much the same, not 100% so I'll wait till it's released in other format's, I almost always get a brilliant copy at that stage. 

On 8/19/2022 at 6:55 PM, faraway saint said:

So tomorrow night's movie is...................

Excellent movie, highlighted quite a few issues I wasn't aware of and Austin Butler (Elvis) was outstanding.

It certainly didn't feel like a two and a half hour movie, which says a lot.

The short clip of the real Elvis at the end was a smart move, shocking state for a man of only 42.

As for Tom Parker, cnut.

Can't fault the movie, a 10/10 for me. :thumbs2

On 8/14/2022 at 8:59 AM, faraway saint said:

Downloaded "Luck" yesterday for the forthcoming family trip to Aberdeenshire. 

Heard a few clips at work the other day, one of the animation films that sounds as if it's got humour for adults as well as the kids.

The granddaughters, two at 12 one at 16 aren't exactly children anymore, I need to work hard to find a movie that will interest them. :lol:

So this is the movie for this weekend as grandchildren come first.

Meant to say, since watching Elvis last weekend his songs have been getting plenty of Alexa time, accompanied by me. 😉