The Sin Bin Holiday Thread

faraway saint

12 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

It depends completely on the resort you choose
Piuerto del Carmen is ok but has some less pleasant spots

It will be warm and windy

Please tell me you are not going next month

Please!

Aye Puerto del Carman, that's where we're going. Are you really that worried about meeting me? I like a good malt whisky, but don't worry I wouldn't expect you to buy me drink for all those times you've been abusive towards me. 

Anyway, no we're going later in the year. 

The girlfriend booked a villa for our stay. I've no idea what part of Puerto del Carman its in - I'm just trusting her that it's not shite. 

Went to Ibiza the last 3 years with the wife and kids during the expensive school holidays.

This year, going with the burd, no kids and out of school holidays.

Like I've died and went to heaven. :wub:

20 hours ago, cockles1987 said:

Think it was.

The Caribe, 3 stars emoji6.png

Apartamentos Caribe

Av. V Centenario, 3, 38660 Playa de la Américas, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain
+34 922 79 04 50 https://g.co/kgs/x27iZj

Walking distance to Veronicas, cheap taxi distance home. All i can say about it, it was clean. Done us for a crash pad.

EL Mirador, not a bad wee gaffe, no cash taken at the bar, ambulance on stand by when we checked out. :lol:

• 2 months later...

Just back from an extra wee holiday for 3 nights in Liverpool, loved it and will go back in the future. Had some great holidays over the years been to Italy twice, Florida, Portugal,  Spain 3 times, Cuba, Majorca, Ibiza, Tenerife, France (Paris).  Also i count myself as Scottish (not British) so London, Newcastle,  Donnington, Manchester and Wales count:thumbs2  Some of my favourite holidays when i was wee were at Butlins (went to Ayr, Scarborough and Wales) and Blackpool .B)

On 5/14/2018 at 5:54 PM, faraway saint said:

My "memories" on Facebook came back with a trip to a nice hotel in Tenerife 2 years ago.

The room was superb but the outside space makes this the best accommodation in a hotel I've ever had the pleasure to visit.

Fairly expensive but worth it.

Class.

Was at the Solid Rock in Jan for a certain birthday

Wonderful pity we got fecked  4-1 by the Sheep in the cup

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Friends of ours have been twice, they, overall, loved it.

It also gets very good reviews, don't think it's their fault we got pumped 4-1. :lol:

Poor Stellios got the derry for 90 mins

The area it is in getting developed with a few 5 star hotels around it

Never saw the rest of the Island but as you said great weather for the winter months

We are off to Disneyland Paris again next weekend for a week & that’s not a bad holiday if you have kids.

However, we go to a lodge https://www.lodgebreaks.co.uk 2 or 3 times a year usually, but we’ve been on the lookout for a new lodge to go with hot tub.

The link above isn’t a holiday park, it was up until Christmas just gone just 3 hot tub lodges self catering but now there is 6 of them. The new ones are 3 bed same as older ones but all bedrooms en-suite which is useful.

We are looking for recommendations on a hot tub lodge in Scotland preferably west coast so I can go to watch Saints while nearby, can anyone please recommend if possible a lodge break ( with hot tub ) that is not a holiday park ie: reception/on site facilities etc we want a small not busy place.

Be grateful for any recommendations.

6 minutes ago, whydowebother said:

We are off to Disneyland Paris again next weekend for a week & that’s not a bad holiday if you have kids.

However, we go to a lodge https://www.lodgebreaks.co.uk 2 or 3 times a year usually, but we’ve been on the lookout for a new lodge to go with hot tub.

The link above isn’t a holiday park, it was up until Christmas just gone just 3 hot tub lodges self catering but now there is 6 of them. The new ones are 3 bed same as older ones but all bedrooms en-suite which is useful.

We are looking for recommendations on a hot tub lodge in Scotland preferably west coast so I can go to watch Saints while nearby, can anyone please recommend if possible a lodge break ( with hot tub ) that is not a holiday park ie: reception/on site facilities etc we want a small not busy place.

Be grateful for any recommendations.

We're going to these early October.................looks ok.

http://www.lochlomondluxuryselfcatering.co.uk/