Kenny Pointon

Yesterday i received the awful news that our fellow Saints fan and friend Kenny Pointon had passed away after bravely fighting cancer.Kenny and i were brought up together staying in the same close in Glenburn.He decided at an early age that despite his father being a Rangers fan he would follow St Mirren(no pressure at all from the family upstairs).Kenny and his wife Karen contributed to the good of our club behind the scenes for many years and we are extremely grateful for that.You will be sadly missed mate.Another Saints fan taken far too young.

1 hour ago, northendsaint said:

Yesterday i received the awful news that our fellow Saints fan and friend Kenny Pointon had passed away after bravely fighting cancer.Kenny and i were brought up together staying in the same close in Glenburn.He decided at an early age that despite his father being a Rangers fan he would follow St Mirren(no pressure at all from the family upstairs).Kenny and his wife Karen contributed to the good of our club behind the scenes for many years and we are extremely grateful for that.You will be sadly missed mate.Another Saints fan taken far too young.

Can’t believe this Ian, I remember Kenny playing football with us over on the park at Colonsay road when we were all kids. Great guy always had time for a chat and a massive saints fan. RIP Kenny.

Very sad news.

Kenny took over the stmirren.net site from me back in 1999 and quickly turned it into the clubs first ever official website which he more or less designed from scratch as he taught himself how to do stuff. Must have taken him forever to do some of the things he did which were well ahead of the curve at the time.

RIP buddie.

So sorry to hear of this news. I had only met Kenny briefly at one of the open days at Love Street many moons ago (i think 18 years ago). I was very aware of the great work he did for the club over the years. Thoughts with his family and friends.

Just noticed this, absolutely gutted, stayed at his place a few times during the Hendrie era when he lived up top of Green Road, a total gentleman.

Lost touch over the years, last time I saw him ( and Karin ) was in the Cafe B in New street day after we won the cup in 2013.

As Div said a very bright lad, I always used to rib him for being a former Rangers supporter, but he obviously saw sense and moved over to the good guys.

My condolences to Karin and all the family.

Could someone please post up details of his funeral arrangements as I’ll do my best to book flights and attend, thanks in advance.

Gutted, RIP Bud x

Edited by Jimmy H