St Mirren given permission to talk to Ross

Lord Pityme

2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:
I wonder if Ipswich know Ross has signed 35 pr so players in 18 months here?

(?) Fair comment. That's a lot. But only paid a fee for one and three sold for a total of around £1m.

13 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

(?) Fair comment. That's a lot. But only paid a fee for one and three sold for a total of around £1m.

Paid for Mullen and Stewart. One was punt d out on loan, the other rarely gets ninety minutes.

i wonder how Ross feels being Paul Hurst's fluffer..? He's got to keep gagging on it for a couple of weeks yet.

36 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Paid for Mullen and Stewart. One was punt d out on loan, the other rarely gets ninety minutes.

i wonder how Ross feels being Paul Hurst's fluffer..? He's got to keep gagging on it for a couple of weeks yet.

Are you actually serious? Why do you hate Jack Ross :blink:

You're also a walking contradiction. 

• Jack Ross has to be held accountable for his bad start
  • Jack Ross has signed hunners of players

Maybe the reason he signed so many players is because the squad he inherited wasn't good enough?  Also please show me one manager that has a 100% hit rate on bringing in players that make an impact? For every Darryl Duffy he signed there's a Cammy Smith or Gavin Reilly. 

Also the comment about Paul Hurst is completely without substance. God forgive Ipswich for wanting to take time over an appointment and interview a manager that still has games to worry about. 

Still waiting on a single positive comment from you on our league winning side and double award winning manager. :rolleyes:

6 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Are you actually serious? Why do you hate Jack Ross :blink:

You're also a walking contradiction. 

• Jack Ross has to be held accountable for his bad start
  • Jack Ross has signed hunners of players

Maybe the reason he signed so many players is because the squad he inherited wasn't good enough?  Also please show me one manager that has a 100% hit rate on bringing in players that make an impact? For every Darryl Duffy he signed there's a Cammy Smith or Gavin Reilly. 

Also the comment about Paul Hurst is completely without substance. God forgive Ipswich for wanting to take time over an appointment and interview a manager that still has games to worry about. 

Still waiting on a single positive comment from you on our league winning side and double award winning manager. :rolleyes:

And I was sure i only posted two short sentences..... are you sure youre no Isa fae still game?

I see Ross's agent is trying the old "come and get me before another club does" routine..... the Ipswich owner isnt going to fall for that. Ross will have to keep sucking it till June.

13 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

And I was sure i only posted two short sentences..... are you sure youre no Isa fae still game?

I see Ross's agent is trying the old "come and get me before another club does" routine..... the Ipswich owner isnt going to fall for that. Ross will have to keep sucking it till June.

More negativity? Wow an agent trying to get his client the best deal. Jack Ross must be the devil himself :blink:

2 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

More negativity? Wow an agent trying to get his client the best deal. Jack Ross must be the devil himself :blink:

The negativity depends on the perspectives of who is being fluffed, and who is doing the fluffing. Mind you cant see an upside to spending two weeks on yir knees just to watch the jizz shot over someone else.

7 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

The negativity depends on the perspectives of who is being fluffed, and who is doing the fluffing. Mind you cant see an upside to spending two weeks on yir knees just to watch the jizz shot over someone else.

So you agree we don't know who the preferred choice is for Ipswich and you've made a snapshot negative assumption based on your dislike of our award winning, title winning manager? Cool 

9 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

So you agree we don't know who the preferred choice is for Ipswich and you've made a snapshot negative assumption based on your dislike of our award winning, title winning manager? Cool 

Given the candidates interviewed, the stated intentions, and process the Ipswich owner is following it should be crystal clear to even the thickest moron that nothing short of defacating openly in the interview will see Hurst appointed. The pathetic attempts by his agent to suggest other clubs are interested shows that Ross knows he's just a fluffer for the real money shot... again!

i fully expect yet another "I've got unfinished business/something to build/leave a legacy" statement to come when its clear to even him he's being ridden like a mill lassie.

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

Given the candidates interviewed, the stated intentions, and process the Ipswich owner is following it should be crystal clear to even the thickest moron that nothing short of defacating openly in the interview will see Hurst appointed. The pathetic attempts by his agent to suggest other clubs are interested shows that Ross knows he's just a fluffer for the real money shot... again!

i fully expect yet another "I've got unfinished business/something to build/leave a legacy" statement to come when its clear to even him he's being ridden like a mill lassie.

Absolute nonsense.

Have you ever thought that if Ipswich came out and said Jack Ross was the number one unchallenged choice it would

1. Give him much more negotiation power in his contract

2. Give St Mirren more power in negotiating compensation

3. Would impact the eventual manager if Jack Ross turned it down because they'd know very publicly that they were second choice. 

I should point out I'm NOT saying the above is actually happen but it's completely possible that is what Ipswich are doing. Your hatred for all things St Mirren and Jack Ross related is clearly crowding you from all other possibilities that contradict the most negative assumption you can come up for our manager. 

Dear me! Him getting two awards end of season must have killed you inside.

1 minute ago, bazil85 said:

Absolute nonsense.

Have you ever thought that if Ipswich came out and said Jack Ross was the number one unchallenged choice it would

1. Give him much more negotiation power in his contract

2. Give St Mirren more power in negotiating compensation

3. Would impact the eventual manager if Jack Ross turned it down because they'd know very publicly that they were second choice. 

I should point out I'm NOT saying the above is actually happen but it's completely possible that is what Ipswich are doing. Your hatred for all things St Mirren and Jack Ross related is clearly crowding you from all other possibilities that contradict the most negative assumption you can come up for our manager. 

Dear me! Him getting two awards end of season must have killed you inside.

Aye you know its Hurst's job to turn down too! Two more weeks on his knees for Ross, then move onto the next managerial vacancy.

3 minutes ago, StuD said:

Got to agree with LPM. The longer this drags on the more it looks like Jack Ross is second choice. Theres not many sought after managers in work that would wait this long to be offered the job. 

Speculative Stuart, could be 100 reasons why. It's all speculative right now. Some rumors doing the rounds JR will even be announced today. 

29 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Could be a lot worse this. Imagine being a QPR or Sunderland fan right now... 

Nothing wrong with being a Sunderland fan. The club that was over £120m in debt last season now is debt free and under new ownership - EFL checks pending -  with a UK resident owner. Martin Bain is likely to be out on his arse. The Sunderland Chronicle also reported this morning that Sunderland were paid £41m by the EPL at the end of the season as their parachute payment from the EPL despite them falling straight through the divisions. A month ago it was depressing being a Sunderland fan, but I'm looking forward to the new season with renewed optimism. It's certainly going to be interesting watching the club being rebuilt. 

3 minutes ago, StuD said:

Nothing wrong with being a Sunderland fan. The club that was over £120m in debt last season now is debt free and under new ownership - EFL checks pending -  with a UK resident owner. Martin Bain is likely to be out on his arse. The Sunderland Chronicle also reported this morning that Sunderland were paid £41m by the EPL at the end of the season as their parachute payment from the EPL despite them falling straight through the divisions. A month ago it was depressing being a Sunderland fan, but I'm looking forward to the new season with renewed optimism. It's certainly going to be interesting watching the club being rebuilt. 

Sunderland are a true sleeping giant with an amazing ground and support. 

40 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Sunderland are a true sleeping giant with an amazing ground and support. 

Absolutely. The pink seats definitely need replaced but the stadium has some of the best facilities I've ever seen in a football ground. The club even has a sensory suite for families of autistic children who don't cope well with crowds and with noises. They were the first football club in the UK to install a sensory suite and as far as I know they are still the only club with one. The club lost it's way a bit in recent years but yeah, it's a sleeping giant and if I were a manager I'd be very keen on that job this season. 

5 hours ago, StuD said:

Absolutely. The pink seats definitely need replaced but the stadium has some of the best facilities I've ever seen in a football ground. The club even has a sensory suite for families of autistic children who don't cope well with crowds and with noises. They were the first football club in the UK to install a sensory suite and as far as I know they are still the only club with one. The club lost it's way a bit in recent years but yeah, it's a sleeping giant and if I were a manager I'd be very keen on that job this season. 

Any manager worth his salt will want to know who are the money men in this consortium. 

Do you think that would be important to a manager? I know it's important to fans like us - of course - but to a manager? 

Simon Grayson and Chris Coleman both took the job on whilst fully aware that Sunderlands Billionaire owner wasn't interested anymore and wasn't going to give them money to spend. I can imagine many other managers being willing to take the job on just so long as they've got assurances that there is cash available to strengthen across a number of areas in the team. 

9 hours ago, StuD said:

Do you think that would be important to a manager? I know it's important to fans like us - of course - but to a manager? 

Simon Grayson and Chris Coleman both took the job on whilst fully aware that Sunderlands Billionaire owner wasn't interested anymore and wasn't going to give them money to spend. I can imagine many other managers being willing to take the job on just so long as they've got assurances that there is cash available to strengthen across a number of areas in the team. 

Just sayin.  No one yet knows apparently who the real movers are in the consortium, Donald is just the front guy, they could be a decent group happy to re-build the club. My word of caution is that so far Donald hasn't spoken in depth about the club's history, its support and how to rekindle the love and passion between both. He's many just cracked on about himself.