Scottish Cup Final 2018

St.Ricky

Celtic v Motherwell on Saturday could be a great game with an historic outcome if Celtic Win and complete a Double Treble.  If I am right a Celtic win would also see Hibs in Europe and might have a bearing on whether or not Hibs hold onto or transfer John McGinn.  A Motherwell win means that they would take Hibs place in Europe. 

I'll be taking the dogs for a long walk and, no doubt, picking up their shit. Definitely preferable to watching the final.
Too harsh Slartibartfast but I admit to looking forward instead to the Sunday when Thistle play Livvy in the second leg of the Premiership Final more than Saturday's game.

2 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:
12 hours ago, St.Ricky said:
Too harsh Slartibartfast but I admit to looking forward instead to the Sunday when Thistle play Livvy in the second leg of the Premiership Final more than Saturday's game.

What's harsh about it?

The walk I can understand. But football is football.  Well might win.  Celtic might be double treble winners......... Wait... Perhaps I see your point. 

Guest TPAFKATS

Hope Motherwell win. Mon the Diddy team!

A treble isn't healthy for the game, particularly the same team doing it two years in succession.
Obviously if it was St. Mirren I would be delighted though.

On 14/05/2018 at 12:55 PM, DougJamie said:

Its a good point Ricky re McGinn- but I still feel he will be offski regardless of Hibs and Europa

There is a rumour flying around this neck of the woods (i.e Hibbee land) that Hibs have arranged a swap deal with celtic and will receive two players instead of cash for McGinn so they don't have to pay us our percentage of the transfer fee.

I'm sure it's a lot of bollocks but if that did happen where would we stand.

Also to get back on thread. C'Moan the Well.  Heading off to the Pub to laugh at Celtic missing out on a double treble. I hope!!!!

Just now, East Lothian Saint said:

There is a rumour flying around this neck of the woods (i.e Hibbee land) that Hibs have arranged a swap deal with celtic and will receive two players instead of cash for McGinn so they don't have to pay us our percentage of the transfer fee.

A lot of pish mate.

Good luck Motherwell. I had a wee drive through Wishaw and Motherwell this morning and it's great to see so much Claret and Amber around. I moved to Lanarkshire in 1990 and the first Scottish Cup Final after I moved was that Motherwell v Dundee United classic. I remember going a drive on Cup Final morning along the Clydeside going up to Lanark and each village was a wall of Claret and Amber - the place felt electric that day. 

Today I took a drive through Wishaw and Motherwell and it was great to see so much of the place bedecked in Claret and Amber. If they win today the place will be electric there's no doubt about that at all. This will be my last cup final as a Lanarkshire resident. I've bought a new house and will be moving out of the region in the autumn. It'd be great to see Motherwell, my local side, win the Cup on my first and last year in Lanarkshire. 

Edited by StuD

20 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

I'm sure it's a lot of bollocks but if that did happen where would we stand.

Also to get back on thread. C'Moan the Well.  Heading off to the Pub to laugh at Celtic missing out on a double treble. I hope!!!!

I don't think these would be considered as cash free transactions. A value would still be set for John McGinn and monies would be due to Saints. IMO

1 hour ago, StuD said:

Good luck Motherwell. I had a wee drive through Wishaw and Motherwell this morning and it's great to see so much Claret and Amber around. I moved to Lanarkshire in 1990 and the first Scottish Cup Final after I moved was that Motherwell v Dundee United classic. I remember going a drive on Cup Final morning along the Clydeside going up to Lanark and each village was a wall of Claret and Amber - the place felt electric that day. 

Today I took a drive through Wishaw and Motherwell and it was great to see so much of the place bedecked in Claret and Amber. If they win today the place will be electric there's no doubt about that at all. This will be my last cup final as a Lanarkshire resident. I've bought a new house and will be moving out of the region in the autumn. It'd be great to see Motherwell, my local side, win the Cup on my first and last year in Lanarkshire. 

Oh well, maybe next year.

23 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Double Treble.  Can only say,  well done to Celtic in making Scottish Football History. 

Sevconians refusing to play dominoes any more.

722135576361.jpeg

On 15/05/2018 at 5:12 PM, Ayrshire Saints said:

Bollocks to this shite, get over to the racecourse and watch the British pipe band championship, far more entertaining than this keich.

Was at the racecourse today for about 4 hours. Thourally enjoyable day. Never heard a mention of royal wedding or cup final until I ended up in harvies with about 20 minutes of the cup final Togo. Weather was excellent and a good crowd to watch the bands.