Paul Mcgowan

Without trying to defend him and while knowing his history, I'll wait to see what the courts say before denouncing him. Won't surprise me at all if he's the perpetrator here, but there's always a possibility it was self defence. If the courts find him guilty then by all means I'll criticise him, but I'll wait until then.

7 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

The guy is a wee ned. Hope they throw away the key this time

DJ - " If Guilty" Then they are likely to do just that for a few months at least.

Mind you he's not the first footballer to be charged only to be found not guilty.... Gerrard, McGregor etc

10 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

DJ - " If Guilty" Then they are likely to do just that for a few months at least.

Mind you he's not the first footballer to be charged only to be found not guilty.... Gerrard, McGregor etc

Ricky- The guy is a trouble maker- hence why we got shot of him- he will be found guilty

Well any pro footballer that thinks it’s acceptable to follow a rival team (the team he supports) at away games, allow himself to get bevvied and sing sectarian songs, this behaviour is right out the only to be expected mould
Not so much Hail Hail, more like Jail Jail this time.
Twat.

2 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Really sorry to see this. Great player for us. 

Why are you sorry?

He is criminal.  He has demonstrated time and time again that he is of a violent disposition.  I fail to understand what on earth you have to be sorry about, this thug was very lucky to avoid prison last time he was convicted and I for one hope that justice is brought upon him with a heavy and firm hand.

Of course I am assuming his guilt...so before a tree hugger or daft Labour voter type accosts me I shall declare that only if convicted in a court of law should the full weight of the law be brought upon him.  Then I would hope to see an example being made of this violent waster!

I am at a loss to understand your sorrow, at a loss to understand your sorrow indeed.

1 hour ago, Isle Of Cumbrae Bud said:

How thick does anybody have to be ? 

If drinking alcohol turns a ' Dr Jekyll ' person into a 'Mr Hyde '

Why is Paul McGowan still consuming alcohol ? 

Very thick. 

This I agree with Cumbrae . unfortunately booze seems to be part of our culture..particularly binge drinking.

To answer another poster , I feel sorry to see any young, fit and talented individual throw away their opportunities. 

The good news is Dundee, one of our rivals next season will be weaker...

and not just because of McGowan... a number leaving and that is likely to include some of their best players.. McCann not too popular..

So Dundee, Hamilton, Partick or Livi really ought to fall below us next season... and I am not confident St. Johnstone will fair a lot better.. so 4th or 5th bottom for us - no relegation or play off worries and Jack's stock will remain high, with the added boost of a season in the top league in Scotland...

More importantly, we will have a platform to keep aiming higher from...

Championship is not clear cut next season either - ICT, Dunfermline are my favourites with Utd a possibility too... I think Ross County will struggle to adjust and have wholesale changes in personnel. 

Back to McGowan - ars* with the drink - needs to get himself sorted out...

3 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

This I agree with Cumbrae . unfortunately booze seems to be part of our culture..particularly binge drinking.

To answer another poster , I feel sorry to see any young, fit and talented individual throw away their opportunities. 

Yeah but Shull is always quick to condemn alcohol. .

7 hours ago, Isle Of Cumbrae Bud said:

Very thick. 

Probably because he has a serious drink problem.

The trouble he is getting into in life won't stop probably until he stops drinking full stop.

Many people are very thick on the influence and destruction that alcohol can bring to an individuals life.

8 hours ago, TediousTom said:

Why are you sorry?

He is criminal.  He has demonstrated time and time again that he is of a violent disposition.  I fail to understand what on earth you have to be sorry about, this thug was very lucky to avoid prison last time he was convicted and I for one hope that justice is brought upon him with a heavy and firm hand.

Of course I am assuming his guilt...so before a tree hugger or daft Labour voter type accosts me I shall declare that only if convicted in a court of law should the full weight of the law be brought upon him.  Then I would hope to see an example being made of this violent waster!

I am at a loss to understand your sorrow, at a loss to understand your sorrow indeed.

I think he's sorry to see a talent and young life destroyed by a serious drink problem, that your punishment has no effect on or solution to!

2 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

I think he's sorry to see a talent and young life destroyed by a serious drink problem, that your punishment has no effect on or solution to!

Not strictly true.  Sometimes a spell inside is the catalyst for people with his sort of problem to sort out their lives and take steps to put things right.  Habitual criminals on the other hand see prison as simply a risk of the job.

19 hours ago, Isle Of Cumbrae Bud said:

Very thick. 

11 hours ago, lenziebud said:

Probably because he has a serious drink problem.

The trouble he is getting into in life won't stop probably until he stops drinking full stop.

Many people are very thick on the influence and destruction that alcohol can bring to an individuals life.

He seems to be very thick before he consumes alcohol. 

14 hours ago, saintnextlifetime said:

Yeah but Shull is always quick to condemn alcohol. .

Shull never condemns alcohol. 

However, he does comdemn those who consume alcohol, like McGowan, whose personality and behaviour becomes moronic. 

Alcohol in the correct mouth is fine. 

14 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

So Dundee, Hamilton, Partick or Livi really ought to fall below us next season... and I am not confident St. Johnstone will fair a lot better.. so 4th or 5th bottom for us - no relegation or play off worries and Jack's stock will remain high, with the added boost of a season in the top league in Scotland...

Championship is not clear cut next season either - ICT, Dunfermline are my favourites with Utd a possibility too... I think Ross County will struggle to adjust and have wholesale changes in personnel.

I think you are being overly optimistic with 4th or 5th bottom next season. I imagine Dundee and Accies will be down there as will Livi if they come up. If Partick survive the playoff I don't see them having another bad season, I think they'll be alright next year if they stay up. I don't see us finishing above the Fakes. Keep in mind we are already going into next season without the highly influential Morgan and no Davis either.

Championship - I do agree on County, I think they'll need a rebuilding job like ourselves and ICT required. 6th or 7th IMO. ICT for the title. Morton to go down, they will regret sacking Duffy.

8 minutes ago, Undertaker said:

Shull never condemns alcohol. 

However, he does comdemn those who consume alcohol, like McGowan, whose personality and behaviour becomes moronic. 

Alcohol in the correct mouth is fine. 

Shull is in prison where there is no alcohol ,

That's also where McGowan should and will be

I think he will end up in the clink this time. Allegedly assaulted a police officer on two separate occasions, in repeated trouble with the police (including arrests) and now another assault. He can't keep getting away with it because he is a footballer.

Gowser was an absolutely cracking player for us, was sad to see him leave, though when you weigh up how much bother he has been involved in since, it was maybe a good thing he moved to Dundee.

8 minutes ago, saintnextlifetime said:

Whilst I wouldn't condone whatever Gowser has done , I wouldn't condemn him either.  .

Aye, just you sit there like a sheep with nothing original to say and wait for somebody to put a thought in your head. 

You're the biggest and most sleekit Troll on the Forum.