SEVCO DONE.

linwood buddie

Rangers have been charged by the Scottish FA on two counts concerning the granting of a Uefa license to the club between 2010 and 2012.

The first charge relates to compliance with SFA, Uefa and Fifa regulations and the second relates to upholding integrity and good faith.

Potential sanctions range from a fine to ejection from SFA competition.

The Ibrox club say they will "fiercely resist" the notice of complaint, with a principal hearing date set for 26 June.

Rangers won the Scottish Premier League at the end of season 2010-11 and featured in European competition at the start of the following season. Rangers then entered administration in 2012 and eventually started season 2012-13 in the fourth tier of Scottish football.

To compete in European competitions, clubs must adhere to strict Uefa rules that should be enforced by the country's governing body - in this case, the SFA. The rule in question relates to Uefa's insistence that club's should have no outstanding payables to tax authorities.

Rangers said they were disputing a tax bill (disputes are allowed) that came to be known as 'the wee tax case' but court testimony during the trial of the club's former owner, Craig Whyte, contradicted this notion.

The SFA have been taking Queen's Counsel advice for months and the June hearing will most likely be chaired by a sitting law lord.

In detailing the charges, the SFA say member clubs and their officials and players "shall be subject to and shall comply with the Articles and any statutes, regulations, directives, codes, decisions and International Match Calendar promulgated by the Board or by a Standing Committee, committee or sub-committee thereof, or by Fifa or Uefa or by the Court of Arbitration for Sport".

The second specifically mentions members' requirement to "behave towards the Scottish FA and other members with the utmost good faith".

The governing body also highlight the rule that members shall "observe the principles of loyalty, integrity and sportsmanship in accordance with the rules of fair play" and "be subject to and comply with the articles and any statutes, regulations, directives, codes, decisions and International Match Calendar promulgated by the Board, the Professional Game Board, the Non-Professional Game Board, the Judicial Panel Protocol, a committee or sub-committee, Fifa, Uefa or the Court of Arbitration for Sport".

And the SFA insist that "officials, its team officials and its players act in accordance" with that rule.

4 minutes ago, linwood buddie said:

Rangers won the Scottish Premier League at the end of season 2010-11 and featured in European competition at the start of the following season. Rangers then entered administration in 2012 and eventually started season 2012-13 in the fourth tier of Scottish football.

Why are they ignoring the fact Rangers 1872 were liquidated? Administration followed by 4th tier was the Livingston path.

Linwood Buddie (I'm guessing you're only quoting the bollocks from some Mainstream mouthpiece, but they tell lies...)

"Rangers won the Scottish Premier League at the end of season 2010-11 and featured in European competition at the start of the following season. Rangers then entered administration in 2012 and eventually started season 2012-13 in the fourth tier of Scottish football. "

Untrue.     Rangers could not possibly start season anything in any tier of Scottish football as it had died due to having gone bust.

An off-the shelf- company was bought (Sevco 5088) and then was renamed as a  new club in order to buy some Assets (only the good bits - like the grun -  NOT the debts, not the history) of old Rangers, which was allowed to die... due to its overspending on players and not paying its taxes.   Its fans never rallied round to save it.  Unlike those of say,  Hearts and Saints...

The newly named company/club/clumpany called The Rangers owned and run by a company called Rangers International Football Club was allowed into the 4th division entirely against the standing rules for entry to that division.  That was part of the fix by Reagan and Co to get out of accepting the lies from the old deid club that are now causing the results of this review to be made public.

7 minutes ago, antrin said:

Linwood Buddie (I'm guessing you're only quoting the bollocks from some Mainstream mouthpiece, but they tell lies...)

"Rangers won the Scottish Premier League at the end of season 2010-11 and featured in European competition at the start of the following season. Rangers then entered administration in 2012 and eventually started season 2012-13 in the fourth tier of Scottish football. "

Untrue.     Rangers could not possibly start season anything in any tier of Scottish football as it had died due to having gone bust.

An off-the shelf- company was bought (Sevco 5088) and then was renamed as a  new club in order to buy some Assets (only the good bits - like the grun -  NOT the debts, not the history) of old Rangers, which was allowed to die... due to its overspending on players and not paying its taxes.   Its fans never rallied round to save it.  Unlike those of say,  Hearts and Saints...

The newly named company/club/clumpany called The Rangers owned and run by a company called Rangers International Football Club was allowed into the 4th division entirely against the standing rules for entry to that division.  That was part of the fix by Reagan and Co to get out of accepting the lies from the old deid club that are now causing the results of this review to be made public.

Do you think I would sit and type all that out?:P

Welcome back.

It’s a great shame that they’ve already received the worst of any ‘punishment’ that they are due.

8 minutes ago, antrin said:

There's no debate.

There's devious dissembling, lying and an attempted  cover-up versus a pursuit of the simple truth.

I offered no opinion Antrin.

Facts are that RFC was liquidated.  Question.  Did that mean that the club membership lapsed? 

But,,..... This case links pre liquidation RFC with the Current football club. 

Curiouser and curious. 

37 minutes ago, antrin said:

I agree with everything you posted.

The part in bold really does my nut in. When Gretna went bust there was no allowing a new version to enter the leagues, they had to start in the EoS league. When Rangers 1872 died, the SPL clubs had to vote the Sevco version out of the league, as did the First Division. Clubs in the Third Division probably seen the potential of big gates and allowed entry to Sevco. Fact is, Sevco should have had to apply like Annan Athletic did when they wanted Gretna's place (to join in the Third Division). Chances are Sevco would have beaten the likes of Spartans to the Third Divison spot, but at least it would have followed proper procedure.

5 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

It might have been proper procedure but there wasn't enough time for that. It would have meant Sevco sitting out at least a season - and they couldn't have that now, could they?

Exactly, time was not on Sevco's side hence the numerous voting paths offered to keep the Sevvies in our leagues.

Had the proper procedures been followed Sevco would not have appeared in our leagues until the introduction of the Lowland League. However, I reckon Sevco would have bypassed this and attempted an Airdrie United/MK Dons, find a debt ridden club, buy them over and probably pay off the club's owner quite handsomely.

Just now, Slartibartfast said:
4 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:
Exactly, time was not on Sevco's side hence the numerous voting paths offered to keep the Sevvies in our leagues.
Had the proper procedures been followed Sevco would not have appeared in our leagues until the introduction of the Lowland League. However, I reckon Sevco would have bypassed this and attempted an Airdrie United/MK Dons, find a debt ridden club, buy them over and probably pay off the club's owner quite handsomely.

But then they definitely couldn't have claimed the "history", so would they?

Do "New Airdrieonians" fans still claim the old Airdrieonians history? Genuine question, I have no idea what the answer is.

Of course the Sevvies would still claim the history. They are already claiming the history of a club that doesn't exist any more, I couldn't see them being any different if they bought out Cowdenbeath, Stirling Albion etc.

1 hour ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

I agree with everything you posted.

The part in bold really does my nut in. When Gretna went bust there was no allowing a new version to enter the leagues, they had to start in the EoS league. When Rangers 1872 died, the SPL clubs had to vote the Sevco version out of the league, as did the First Division. Clubs in the Third Division probably seen the potential of big gates and allowed entry to Sevco. Fact is, Sevco should have had to apply like Annan Athletic did when they wanted Gretna's place (to join in the Third Division). Chances are Sevco would have beaten the likes of Spartans to the Third Divison spot, but at least it would have followed proper procedure.

Hmm, that's not strictly speaking correct. 

Gretna, in administration, were demoted to the Third Division by the SFL in an unprecedented move in 2008. The act of demoting the club meant the sole party that had been interested in buying the club from the administrators walked away. The administrators then put Raydale Park up for sale and resigned Gretna from the Scottish Football League. Two days later the SFL decided to elect Annan to replace Gretna. Gretna 2008 weren't formed until nearly a month later. 

The SFL handling of the Gretna situation was particularly brutal especially when you consider the way they'd handled other clubs in administration both before and after the Gretna situation. 

You're right that Sevco should have had to apply for their league position but the SFL opted instead to offer them the place in the Third Division after a vote to try to allow them direct access to Division One failed. You're also right that the SFL action probably saved another club from going under as it's obvious "Rangers" would have bought one of a number of clubs that were up for sale at that time. We know Ken McGeoch was booted off the St Mirren board at an EGM after it was alleged he'd been dealing with a couple of Rangers directors at the time. Perhaps had Rangers not been admitted to Division Three, St Mirren might have been their target. 

31 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Do "New Airdrieonians" fans still claim the old Airdrieonians history? Genuine question, I have no idea what the answer is.

Of course the Sevvies would still claim the history. They are already claiming the history of a club that doesn't exist any more, I couldn't see them being any different if they bought out Cowdenbeath, Stirling Albion etc.

Yes they do. The club even scrapped their Airdrie United persona to go back to their historic name a few years ago. 

https://www.airdriefc.com/club-history

Edited by StuD

8 minutes ago, StuD said:

Hmm, that's not strictly speaking correct. 

Gretna, in administration, were demoted to the Third Division by the SFL in an unprecedented move in 2008. The act of demoting the club meant the sole party that had been interested in buying the club from the administrators walked away. The administrators then put Raydale Park up for sale and resigned Gretna from the Scottish Football League. Two days later the SFL decided to elect Annan to replace Gretna. Gretna 2008 weren't formed until nearly a month later. 

The SFL handling of the Gretna situation was particularly brutal especially when you consider the way they'd handled other clubs in administration both before and after the Gretna situation. 

You're right that Sevco should have had to apply for their league position but the SFL opted instead to offer them the place in the Third Division after a vote to try to allow them direct access to Division One failed. You're also right that the SFL action probably saved another club from going under as it's obvious "Rangers" would have bought one of a number of clubs that were up for sale at that time. We know Ken McGeoch was booted off the St Mirren board at an EGM after it was alleged he'd been dealing with a couple of Rangers directors at the time. Perhaps had Rangers not been admitted to Division Three, St Mirren might have been their target. 

I did see the Gretna situation as a "first of its kind". That being said it could have just been my age, I was still of school age at the time so there was the lack of years of seeing things and lack of following the entire story. Most of what I know about Gretna and Airdrie/Clydebank are things I learned as I got older, not from their immediate happening.

I do however quite clearly remember the Ken McGeoch situation. We would have been the perfect target as we were in the SPL at the time. Thankfully we found out about this and got rid of the filthy c**t. The Third Division vote, while I disagreed with it, it almost certainly did save one club from being Scottish football's next Clydebank.

8 minutes ago, StuD said:

Yes they do. The club even scrapped their Airdrie United persona to go back to their historic name a few years ago. 

https://www.airdriefc.com/club-history

I do know of their decision to change from United to -onians, that's what got me wondering if they tried to claim their old history too. Just like the Sevvies, I treat them as a club with bugger all history. Liquidation is the end. If it wasn't, we'd all allow our clubs to overspend, try to gain quick success and re-incarnate ourselves with the old history. If Airdrieonians and Rangers were genuinely their old selves now, then what would be the point of living within your means.

5 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

I did see the Gretna situation as a "first of its kind". That being said it could have just been my age, I was still of school age at the time so there was the lack of years of seeing things and lack of following the entire story. Most of what I know about Gretna and Airdrie/Clydebank are things I learned as I got older, not from their immediate happening.

I do however quite clearly remember the Ken McGeoch situation. We would have been the perfect target as we were in the SPL at the time. Thankfully we found out about this and got rid of the filthy c**t. The Third Division vote, while I disagreed with it, it almost certainly did save one club from being Scottish football's next Clydebank.

I do know of their decision to change from United to -onians, that's what got me wondering if they tried to claim their old history too. Just like the Sevvies, I treat them as a club with bugger all history. Liquidation is the end. If it wasn't, we'd all allow our clubs to overspend, try to gain quick success and re-incarnate ourselves with the old history. If Airdrieonians and Rangers were genuinely their old selves now, then what would be the point of living within your means.

Financial restructuring by converting debt to shares has a lot to answer for.  

1 hour ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Accrington Stanley, Grenta 2008, Clydebank and Third Lanark have all also reclaimed their old history, so, more locally to me, have Wishaw Juniors who have gone bust and been liquidated loads of times. They all acknowledge their liquidation, Accrington even call themselves the "club that refused to die". I think that's just a thing football clubs and there fans do. Rangers fans aren't that unusual but how everyone has treated them has been and that's really to the shame of our game. The "Armageddon" nonsense is a real stain on the sports history and it should never be forgotten that a number of people within the game tried so hard to suppress the integrity of the sport for personal financial gain. 

If only all clubs had a Turnbull Hutton. 

Airdrie played for more than ten years under the post liquidation Airdrie United handle.

To me, the timing of them reinstating the Airdrieonians name, i.e. the year after Sevco's debut season, was a clear case of them having viewed Rangers being too vain to change their name post liquidation, and thinking, "F*ck it, if they're keeping their old name, so are we".

28 minutes ago, StuD said:

Accrington Stanley, Grenta 2008, Clydebank and Third Lanark have all also reclaimed their old history, so, more locally to me, have Wishaw Juniors who have gone bust and been liquidated loads of times. They all acknowledge their liquidation, Accrington even call themselves the "club that refused to die". I think that's just a thing football clubs and there fans do. Rangers fans aren't that unusual but how everyone has treated them has been and that's really to the shame of our game. The "Armageddon" nonsense is a real stain on the sports history and it should never be forgotten that a number of people within the game tried so hard to suppress the integrity of the sport for personal financial gain. 

If only all clubs had a Turnbull Hutton. 

I think Bankies fans have a decent claim to their history in fairness. They were in financial trouble but were still in existence when Ballantyne bought them over and turned them into Airdrie United. Their plight was akin to that of Wimbledon FC. I would consider both Clydebank FC and AFC Wimbledon to have the histories of their previous incarnations as they never technically went bust. You certainly can't attach Wimbledon FC's history to MK Dons, or Clydebank FC's history to Airdrie United/New Airdrieonians. I don't know enough on the bizarre E.S. Clydebank FC in 1964/65 (although the general belief is that the history belongs to East Stirlingshire). I also don't know much about the Clydebank FC of 1914-1931 so I can't comment on it.

Edited by Cornwall_Saint
Punctuation

13 hours ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

I think Bankies fans have a decent claim to their history in fairness. They were in financial trouble but were still in existence when Ballantyne bought them over and turned them into Airdrie United. Their plight was akin to that of Wimbledon FC. I would consider both Clydebank FC and AFC Wimbledon to have the histories of their previous incarnations as they never technically went bust. You certainly can't attach Wimbledon FC's history to MK Dons, or Clydebank FC's history to Airdrie United/New Airdrieonians. I don't know enough on the bizarre E.S. Clydebank FC in 1964/65 (although the general belief is that the history belongs to East Stirlingshire). I also don't know much about the Clydebank FC of 1914-1931 so I can't comment on it.

Perfectly correct, CS. 

Neither Clydebank nor Wimbledon actually died - unike the deid club.  Which is DEAD.  :)

It is also perfectly correct and more than acceptable for all other fans to treat sevco fans as newbies who are unjustifiably wanting to be seen as some revered institution. 

While I can somewhat admire their willingness to throw good money after bad with every lie they are told and believe, there is no remorse shown for the failures to pay tax and National Insurance, there is no remorse for the years of EBT CHEATING of all other clubs and none for us mug fans at the time  for still turning up to support a rigged sport.

As I mentioned above - they think they can attach themselves to the good stuff and - as in the case quoted below, today - claim to have absolutely no connection whatsoever to the bad stuff  done by the deid club.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-44126217.

Having cake and eating it - just disnae work.

The only thing Lost Ud got right was the Armageddon nonsense.  St Mirren picked up a league cup during Armageddon...

Edited by antrin

18 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

I offered no opinion Antrin.

Facts are that RFC was liquidated.  Question.  Did that mean that the club membership lapsed? 

But,,..... This case links pre liquidation RFC with the Current football club. 

Curiouser and curious. 

I know it wasn't an opinion -  but it was an inaccurate statement.

There is truth - and there are those who wish to have us not believing in it.

Did the club membership lapse?  That is another  waffly question.

When Rangers went into liquidation, its membership of the SPL (as was the structure at the time) went to Dundee who had been relegated.  So I guess the answer is a simple NO, it was transferred to a legitimate club which took that NEWLY-VACATED place in the SPL.

1 hour ago, antrin said:

I know it wasn't an opinion -  but it was an inaccurate statement.

There is truth - and there are those who wish to have us not believing in it.

Did the club membership lapse?  That is another  waffly question.

When Rangers went into liquidation, its membership of the SPL (as was the structure at the time) went to Dundee who had been relegated.  So I guess the answer is a simple NO, it was transferred to a legitimate club which took that NEWLY-VACATED place in the SPL.

No waffle antrin....it was rhetorical question.. So obvious that it answered itself.  Of course it did. 

Newly announced are allegations against Sevco for Abuse... Wait for it... It wasn't them they say and have passed this to the liquidator. 

You could not make this stuff up. 

Edited by St.Ricky