Fowler Staying too

On 16/05/2018 at 9:11 AM, St.Ricky said:

Hurst becomes St Mirren manager perhaps and Jack goes to Shrewsbury

Its a never ending carousel. Brian Caldwell is the General Manager at Shrewsbury. Imagine Ipswich decide to go with Hurst, Brian Caldwell possibly has Ross as a candidate. To be fair though, Jack i am sure has set his heights higher than Shrewsbury with all due respect.

On 16/05/2018 at 8:32 AM, Sweeper07 said:

Sorry - I know that is meant to be humorous but        if this life is all its about    then we are truly in the mire (replace mire with a stinky brown substance)

Speak for yourself. Life is great.

There has never been a better time to be alive in this country.

Edited by oaksoft

On 16/05/2018 at 9:38 AM, Slartibartfast said:

All it's about?  Why does it have to be about anything?  Accepting that this is all there is, that there is absolutely nothing after, lets you focus on the here and now and not treat life like a trial run or qualifying stage for (to paraphrase Christopher Hitchens) life in a celestial North Korea where you get to spend all day praising the dear leader.

I am almost certain now that there is no overall plan or point to any of it.

Just enjoying it while it lasts.

9 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Speak for yourself. Life is great.

There has never been a better time to be alive in this country.

Don't take people's pleasure in moaning away from them Oaksoft. 

Life wouldn't be worth living for some if they couldn't moan. 

8 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Don't take people's pleasure in moaning away from them Oaksoft. 

Life wouldn't be worth living for some if they couldn't moan. 

I am a happy and optimistic guy - but I deal with people every day who are in the mire - yes bad choices, terrible people who have harmed them etc. So great if others are having a ball - but "this life" for some is not all its cracked up to be by those who don't see the sh*t that some folk are living in/causing for others.

Anyway - Saints are in the Premiership and let's hope it is another fab season ahead. (after the one that has gone swimmingly well)

Its a never ending carousel. Brian Caldwell is the General Manager at Shrewsbury. Imagine Ipswich decide to go with Hurst, Brian Caldwell possibly has Ross as a candidate. To be fair though, Jack i am sure has set his heights higher than Shrewsbury with all due respect.

They might (probably should) be in the English championship next season.

6 hours ago, Charlotte Saint said:

They might (probably should) be in the English championship next season.

That's true, though due to the size of the club, they would most likely only have the ability to survive each season in the Championship, rather than challenge for the top 6 playoffs. 

13 minutes ago, smcc said:

I was stating that that was a much better time time to be alive in this country. The Conservative party had a heart then, unlike today!

There is absolutely no way that was a better time to be alive than now.

Certainly not if you were a woman, an ethnic minority, gender fluid or anything other than heterosexual. There were far fewer opportunities to go to university, start up your own business, educate yourself, communicate with others, run any sort of campaign, do your shopping on Sundays or Wednesday afternoons or any evening whatsoever, avoid the influence of the church. Social mobility was very low, relatively few owned their own home, no access to credit, high child mortality rates, terrible benefits system.

Sorry but on all counts this is the best time to be alive unless you are the sort of person who believes govenment should be doing everything for you in which case there is no good time to be alive.

I couldn't give two f**ks what any government thinks about me so other than that, can you name a few things which were better back then?

Edited by oaksoft

18 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

There is absolutely no way that was a better time to be alive than now.

Certainly not if you were a woman, an ethnic minority, gender fluid or anything other than heterosexual. There were far fewer opportunities to go to university, start up your own business, educate yourself, communicate with others, run any sort of campaign, do your shopping on Sundays or Wednesday afternoons or any evening whatsoever, avoid the influence of the church. Social mobility was very low, relatively few owned their own home, no access to credit, high child mortality rates, terrible benefits system.

Sorry but on all counts this is the best time to be alive unless you are the sort of person who believes govenment should be doing everything for you in which case there is no good time to be alive.

I couldn't give two f**ks what any government thinks about me so other than that, can you name a few things which were better back then?

I have to declare an interest.

I did live through the days of the Macmillan government, unlike you.  My parents were certainly not well off but i was still able to go to university and graduate with a first class honours  physiology degree and MB; ChB with commendation, courtesy of government grants, and my "social mobility" increased. Someone in my position today would have little chance of so doing. I had no problem avoiding the influence of religion and was perfectly able to communicate with those that I needed to. I can't comment on the benefits system at that time as my family did no use it but, if you think that the benefits system run by today's UK government is anything but "terrible"  you are living in cloud cuckoo land.

Did I suggest that you cared what the government thinks about you?